Chat Area > General Car Chat

Mark Drakeford

(1/7) > >>

Andy B:
Surprised at the level of anger at the 20mph limit. Just shows that they live in a different world from the rest of us .....

BBC News - Mark Drakeford defends 20mph law before stepping down
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68562547

cam.in.head:
the problem is actually caused by us anyway realy when you look at it . not us individually but as a collective group of "people, drivers ,etc ". most laws and penalties , fines etc are only made because  we cannot be relied upon to actually drive sensibly in the first place . if nobody ever speeded then there would never be any speedlimits cameras or fines !.pretty obvious realy and relates to many other laws too.   but putting 20mph signs up doesnt actually do anything and seems to actually make some drivers actually go faster .(certainly round by me they do !) you struggle to drive 20 in a 20 zone without being tooted or overtaken . ive not got a problem with any speed limits especially if they show a reduction in accidents

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:
Drakeford is a jumped up parish councillor with delusions of grandeur.

YZ250:

--- Quote from: cam.in.head on 14 March 2024, 12:47:10 ---.......
 I've not got a problem with any speed limits especially if they show a reduction in accidents

--- End quote ---

I agree with your sentiments but as town/village limits are generally for the pedestrians benefit, why can't we just teach pedestrians to cross the road safely.  ::) When I'm with my grandchildren I instill in to them the importance of the road being clear before they even attempt to cross the road.
Then some dumb arse changes the hierarchy in the highway code to allow pedestrians to step out in front of cars because they now have the god given right to in certain instances. I'm still telling my grandchildren "If it ain't clear, don't cross".
Incidentally, the new highway code rules have apparently increased the fatalities by 7%, so we must never assume that those who bring in changes are clever.  ;D

Doctor Gollum:
There's an environmental argument against such low speeds as vehicles simply aren't designed to travel so slowly... Not to mention the fact that localised pollution is increased by virtue of traffic build up.

Lundun being a case in point as localised pollution increases in direct proportion to each drop in traffic speed/flow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version