Chat Area > General Car Chat

Costs of running a car

(1/12) > >>

Viral_Jim:
In the course of writing the ad for the Zafira, I discovered that I've spent just shy of £875 in maintenance costs (ex. MOT fees) over the past three years and 31,000. I can't make my mind up if that sounds like a lot or not, in the grand scheme of things.  :-\

Considering I've worked the car hard over that time, with lots of travel 6 or 7 up, lots of miles towing a trailer etc I suppose its not too bad.

Anyone else know what they've spent, or am I the only one who's this sad  :-\

Andy B:
I keep all the receipts for my cars ..... don't add them up though.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC:
Less than three hundred quid a year/10,000 miles sounds OK to me.  :y

Viral_Jim:

--- Quote from: Andy B on 24 March 2024, 22:58:21 ---I keep all the receipts for my cars ..... don't add them up though.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Probably for the best! I don't make a habit of it, I choose not to think about what 8 months of Discovery 5 ownership cost me  :o

--- Quote from: Sir Tigger KC on 24 March 2024, 23:02:37 ---Less than three hundred quid a year/10,000 miles sounds OK to me.  :y

--- End quote ---

Fair point, especially considering there were some chunky items in there (clutch and timing belt). I wouldn't want to know what it would cost to have it all done at a garage  :-X

Doctor Gollum:
Ignoring the various retro fit bits ::) five tyres, two suspension arms and an oil change cost about the same on the S Class.

A full service, gearbox and other fluids is probably as much as you've spent in parts alone. Whether that's good or not is subjective, but it sounds like you've had a pretty easy ride with the Zaf 8)

Where it gets scary is if you do a full accounting of the car. My Omega taxi added up to about £30k one year including fuel, insurance and all maintenance and repairs. Add in depreciation on a new car and... :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version