Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Never been so embarrassed  (Read 4149 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Never been so embarrassed
« Reply #30 on: 22 June 2023, 10:01:32 »

I can trump all of your bonnet catch woes....  ::)

When I was a 'professional driver' in a former life I was allocated a spanking new MAN tractor unit for my day trip.  :y

I jumped in and thought How the hell do I drive this!  :o  There was no gear stick, auto box shift lever, flappy paddles or semi box shifter and after scratching  my head for a while, I had to admit defeat and go and ask the shunter how to drive it.  :-[

Turned out it had a auto box and the shift lever was an indicator type stalk on the steering column.  ::)

They didn't take the piss.... much!  :-X   ;D
Every day's a school day.  ;)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 June 2023, 10:13:34 »

My story is about rental cars in the USA. Pitched up at a petrol (well gas) station somewhere in Hicksvill Texas running on fumes. Spent 10 minutes trying to find the petrol filler cap. Eventually had to ask the petrol station attendant - it was behind the number plate.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22 June 2023, 10:46:16 »

When I was a 'professional driver' in a former life I was allocated a spanking new MAN tractor unit for my day trip.  :y

I jumped in and thought How the hell do I drive this!  :o  There was no gear stick, auto box shift lever, flappy paddles or semi box shifter and after scratching  my head for a while, I had to admit defeat and go and ask the shunter how to drive it.  :-[

Turned out it had a auto box and the shift lever was an indicator type stalk on the steering column.  ::)

I offered to lend my R Class to a good mate of mine. I went to collect him from his house & brought back to mine. I went back inside & he jumped in the car .... I watched him from the house as he looked around the centre console area of the car very confused. I went back outside to ask him what the problem was .... he couldn't find the column shift either  ;D ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 June 2023, 10:49:57 »

My story is about rental cars in the USA. Pitched up at a petrol (well gas) station somewhere in Hicksvill Texas running on fumes. Spent 10 minutes trying to find the petrol filler cap. Eventually had to ask the petrol station attendant - it was behind the number plate.

Similar story in Florida ..... I wasn't driving but the lad driving got out, looked on one side of the car, then the other, back to the first side & then stuck his head in the car .... I can't find the filler!  ??? I jumped out & found it behind the 'license plate' almost straight away cos I saw the hinges underneath it. If it was good enough for a MKIII Zephyr/Zodiac ....  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 22 June 2023, 12:15:22 »

Neutral on an older Actros had me almost as flummoxed, especially as they hadn't applied the trailer brakes as I dragged it out of the yard after inadvertently setting them :-[
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22 June 2023, 12:24:13 »

Here's a pic from the site it was advertised on, just for you, Opti  :)

It has a 'generic' look to it like most cars these days but I like it. :y

Is the colour star silver?. There are rumours that 3  maybe 4 Omega at most were painted in this ultra rare colour.  ::)

Not as large as I imagined (which is a good thing) for a car with the words Grand and Land in it's name. :-* :-*

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22 June 2023, 14:41:01 »

Is the colour star silver?. There are rumours that 3  maybe 4 Omega at most were painted in this ultra rare colour.  ::)

Not as large as I imagined (which is a good thing) for a car with the words Grand and Land in it's name. :-* :-*
It's grey in the description. Bigger than it looks in the pic, nothing to compare it to on there.
They stopped producing diesel engines in 2021, so that's the latest year we could go for.
Here's the latest model:

« Last Edit: 22 June 2023, 14:43:44 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22 June 2023, 15:38:01 »

As for the bonnet opener, I recall some legislation (not my specific field but, I did ask the question when Defender was launched with a plastic protrusion from part of the door card moulding to cover the bonnet release) that it must be restricted access such that you cannot easilt pop the bonnet when moving, so they tend to be on A posts with door trim in the way so they can't be access with the door closed (you can thank many a rusting Jap car for that one!)

Nothing in front of my ML's bonnet release  :-\ It'd be quite a reach from the driver's seat, but accessible all the same

Its to old, legislation would have dropped around 2020 for new vehcicle types (as opposed to sales)  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 June 2023, 17:24:24 »

Its to old, legislation would have dropped around 2020 for new vehcicle types (as opposed to sales)  :y

:y :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22 June 2023, 19:54:07 »

It's grey in the description. Bigger than it looks in the pic, nothing to compare it to on there.
They stopped producing diesel engines in 2021, so that's the latest year we could go for.
Here's the latest model:

Looks a very nice motor Steve..👍
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 22 June 2023, 20:46:43 »

As for the bonnet opener, I recall some legislation ........

Just looked at both of our Audi's and although the bonnet release is in view, you can't pull it with the door closed as it hits the door card. Well well, you learn something new everyday.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22 June 2023, 20:56:51 »

Here's the latest model:

Looks a very nice motor Steve..👍
Thanks, Mick.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22 June 2023, 21:28:55 »

I saw one today, and yes it looks nice!  :y

Vx equivalent of the Ford Kuga?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22 June 2023, 22:09:27 »

It's white goods, Tigger, something to get het her to work and back. I'm not getting excited about a Vauxhall SUV. As long as she STFU for a while, I'm happy  ;D
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 22 June 2023, 22:25:12 »

It's white goods, Tigger, something to get het her to work and back. I'm not getting excited about a Vauxhall SUV. As long as she STFU for a while, I'm happy  ;D

;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.