Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Never been so embarrassed  (Read 4143 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Never been so embarrassed
« Reply #60 on: 25 June 2023, 11:50:06 »

It wasnt actually promised anything. The slogan read " We pay the EU £350 million per week".  "Lets fund the NHS instead".

However, the UK NHS budget at the time was £145billion per annum.
It is now £180 billion per annum, so do the math as the septics say.   ;)

I've never understood how this was interpreted as some kind of manifesto promise.  :-\

Not very bright these remoaning nitwits.....  ::)                                                                                                                                                        :P  ;D
Really?  The implication is definitely there, in language that would struggle to say otherwise in any court of law, if anyone CBA....

...obviously, as a Remain supporter, I, along with most Remain supporters, knew it was utter bullshit, and as a country, we would never see any of that £350m, namely because we got the vast majoirty of it back for EU funded projects in the UK.  But your average Brexit supporter wasn't the brightest spark in the fire and believe every piece of crap that came out of the slimey little shits like Farage, JRM, and latterly Boris....    ....like £350m to the NHS, and no more illegals.

Illegals have been stopped dead in their tracks because we have 'taken back control'. ::) ::) ::) ::)

The thick of 1 million 'legals' each year means we become less English by the day. Many young whippersnappers are fine with this and want more of the same.

Anybody care to guess how England will look 50 years from now?.....everyone on here will be six feet under by then so I suppose the young will have their way in the end. ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 25 June 2023, 11:51:18 »

Dont worry, Starmer will start the process of rejoining as soon as he gets the keys for Number10. Despite the fact he keeps saying he wont do it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 25 June 2023, 11:56:22 »

Dont worry, Starmer will start the process of rejoining as soon as he gets the keys for Number10. Despite the fact he keeps saying he wont do it.

The Tory party pretend they would like our English ethnicity to survive, but in reality low wage labour from abroad will always take priority.

Starmer and Labour don't even pretend. Completely open borders with no need to check who is arriving. Everyone welcome.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 25 June 2023, 12:19:38 »

Thing is... The EU that we left in 2020 doesn't exist anymore.  :-X

If we were to formally rejoin there would have to be a referendum and a manifesto commitment at a general election to hold such a referendum. There's no way Labour or even the Limp Dumbs will put that in their manifestos for next year, so maybe the 2029 GE?  ???

So realistically if there was ever any appetite from the British people to join the EU, we probably couldn't until well into the 2030's, by the time you have a GE, and referendum and then the negotiations with the EU to join, and that's if they'd have us back!  ;D

I wonder what the EU will look like in 10-15 years time?  :-\

It's far more likely that Starmer will take us even further down the BRINO road than Sunak has and will make us into some kind of satellite state.  >:(

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 25 June 2023, 16:03:49 »

The Tory party pretend they would like our English ethnicity to survive, but in reality low wage labour from abroad will always take priority.

Starmer and Labour don't even pretend. Completely open borders with no need to check who is arriving. Everyone welcome.
Cheap labour only works if the cost of living is affordable.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 25 June 2023, 16:13:54 »

Living 7 or 8 to one room with just a mattress and a toothbrush helps keep the cost of living down.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 25 June 2023, 16:28:31 »

Living 7 or 8 to one room with just a mattress and a toothbrush helps keep the cost of living down.

The State will provide.... These people come to Britain and do minimum wage jobs and then claim the myriad of in work benefits that are available.  ::)

I don't blame them really, if I lived in some Middle Eastern shithole with a nagging bitch of a wife who dressed in blankets and a dozen ungrateful brats, I'd probably be on the first dinghy to Blighty as well to hole up in a nice 5 star hotel for a bit.  >:D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 25 June 2023, 17:30:37 »

The State will provide.... These people come to Britain and do minimum wage jobs and then claim the myriad of in work benefits that are available.  ::)

I don't blame them really, if I lived in some Middle Eastern shithole with a nagging bitch of a wife who dressed in blankets and a dozen ungrateful brats, I'd probably be on the first dinghy to Blighty as well to hole up in a nice 5 star hotel for a bit.  >:D
You make it sound so attractive.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 25 June 2023, 18:13:07 »

I reckon the plan will be to move us back much closer to the EU during the first Parliament to soften us up to rejoin before the end of the second.
The Tories wont try and stop him because most of them are remoaners anyway.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 25 June 2023, 23:07:22 »

It wasnt actually promised anything. The slogan read " We pay the EU £350 million per week".  "Lets fund the NHS instead".

I've never understood how this was interpreted as some kind of manifesto promise.  :-\

Not very bright these remoaning nitwits.....  ::)                                                                                                                                                        :P  ;D
Really?  The implication is definitely there, in language that would struggle to say otherwise in any court of law, if anyone CBA....

...obviously, as a Remain supporter, I, along with most Remain supporters, knew it was utter bullshit, and as a country, we would never see any of that £350m, namely because we got the vast majoirty of it back for EU funded projects in the UK.  But your average Brexit supporter wasn't the brightest spark in the fire and believe every piece of crap that came out of the slimey little shits like Farage, JRM, and latterly Boris....    ....like £350m to the NHS, and no more illegals.

Seems I touched a remoaning nerve here!  ;D   Where to start....  ::)

The slogan on the bus was a suggestion of what we could do with the money saved by not having to pay EU subs. Nothing more, nothing less. That the remoaners seem to think that it was some kind of manifesto commitment says more about their intellect than those who voted to leave to be honest. BTW, the vast majority of leave voters and certainly all the ones I know, knew how they were going to vote as soon as David Cameron announce the referendum anyway and it's doubtful many were swayed by any of the Leave campaigns.  ;)

On the other side of the ledger we had George Osborne telling us about how the economy was going to go off a cliff if we even voted to leave, with 900,000 job losses, a house price crash, a stock market crash and mass bankruptcies. None of which came to pass of course. Later when the polls were favouring Leave he told us that he would have to have an emergency budget if we voted to leave, with huge tax hikes and pension and benefits cuts. Yes he actually said that, didn't do it, and I reckon that that scared potential leave voters into voting remain. Without Osborne's disgusting scare tactics I think it's possible the final result could have been closer to 60/40 for leave.  :-\ 

Finally, it's rough figures, but our gross contribution towards the end was about £18bn, less about £4bn for the rebate and about £4bn that came back to us in EU grants and funding, which we had no say in how it was spent BTW.  ::)  I really don't see how TB can say that " we got the vast majority of it back for EU funded projects in the UK. "  :-\  ::)  That's nonsense.  :-X  Maybe TB got out of the wrong side of bed this morning!  ;D

Since we left and the EU lost it's second biggest net contributor, a G7 member, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, Europe's biggest military power and nearly 70 million citizens, it massively increased it's budget and granted itself powers to raise sovereign debt in the international money markets. France's contribution to the EU's coffers is now about 26bn Euros (approx £22bn) a year and the EU has already racked up about 750bn Euros of debt. If we were still members or rejoined, it's likely that our net contribution would be quite a lot more than Frances and we'd have to underwrite a significant percentage of the EU's debts.

No thanks!   :)

EU Budget Contributions Linky

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 26 June 2023, 00:18:04 »

Don't go spoiling a good rant with actual facts ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 26 June 2023, 13:01:42 »

So ..... back on topic .... the bonnet pull on a brand new leccy Kia Nero isn't obstructed by a closed door  :)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 26 June 2023, 13:34:54 »

So ..... back on topic .... the bonnet pull on a brand new leccy Kia Nero isn't obstructed by a closed door  :)

Thats a loop hole actually (which we do know about), as it won't have a bonnet in the traditional sense, just a Frunk  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 26 June 2023, 19:34:49 »

Thats a loop hole actually (which we do know about), as it won't have a bonnet in the traditional sense, just a Frunk  :y

:y :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26 June 2023, 23:59:10 »

...obviously, as a Remain supporter, I, along with most Remain supporters, knew it was utter bullshit, and as a country, we would never see any of that £350m, namely because we got the vast majoirty of it back for EU funded projects in the UK.  But your average Brexit supporter wasn't the brightest spark in the fire and believe every piece of crap that came out of the slimey little shits like Farage, JRM, and latterly Boris....    ....like £350m to the NHS, and no more illegals.

Seems I touched a remoaning nerve here!  ;D   Where to start....  ::)

The slogan on the bus was a suggestion of what we could do with the money saved by not having to pay EU subs. Nothing more, nothing less. That the remoaners seem to think that it was some kind of manifesto commitment says more about their intellect than those who voted to leave to be honest. BTW, the vast majority of leave voters and certainly all the ones I know, knew how they were going to vote as soon as David Cameron announce the referendum anyway and it's doubtful many were swayed by any of the Leave campaigns.  ;)

On the other side of the ledger we had George Osborne telling us about how the economy was going to go off a cliff if we even voted to leave, with 900,000 job losses, a house price crash, a stock market crash and mass bankruptcies. None of which came to pass of course. Later when the polls were favouring Leave he told us that he would have to have an emergency budget if we voted to leave, with huge tax hikes and pension and benefits cuts. Yes he actually said that, didn't do it, and I reckon that that scared potential leave voters into voting remain. Without Osborne's disgusting scare tactics I think it's possible the final result could have been closer to 60/40 for leave.  :-\ 

Finally, it's rough figures, but our gross contribution towards the end was about £18bn, less about £4bn for the rebate and about £4bn that came back to us in EU grants and funding, which we had no say in how it was spent BTW.  ::)  I really don't see how TB can say that " we got the vast majority of it back for EU funded projects in the UK. "  :-\  ::)  That's nonsense.  :-X  Maybe TB got out of the wrong side of bed this morning!  ;D

Since we left and the EU lost it's second biggest net contributor, a G7 member, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, Europe's biggest military power and nearly 70 million citizens, it massively increased it's budget and granted itself powers to raise sovereign debt in the international money markets. France's contribution to the EU's coffers is now about 26bn Euros (approx £22bn) a year and the EU has already racked up about 750bn Euros of debt. If we were still members or rejoined, it's likely that our net contribution would be quite a lot more than Frances and we'd have to underwrite a significant percentage of the EU's debts.

No thanks!   :)

EU Budget Contributions Linky

Indeed, and just to add, I believe people who voted to leave are naturally more intelligent than the other dull sort👍
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.