Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I've been Google Mapped!  (Read 3061 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile

cleggy

Re: I've been Google Mapped!
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2012, 13:47:44 »

Looks a nice view at the back :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2012, 13:52:20 »

Looks a nice view at the back :y :y

You can't see the view for the trees!  ::) ::) ;) ;) ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2012, 13:58:48 »

Now I understand why the Smart actually handles :y had presumed it was a situpandbeg rollerskate ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2012, 14:04:03 »

I can't believe you let that lawn grow so high Andy ??? :D :D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 October 2012, 14:12:28 »

That's not Andys house, he's just burgled it ;D ;D
Retired

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2012, 14:13:06 »

I bet you would have washed your face if you had known. It is all smudged!!

It will be a very long time before google map where I live.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2012, 14:41:23 »

Looks like they've had a major update - my road now shows me living there, rather than the pikey ex owners. Shame the pikey current neighbour's stuff is still strewn in the bushes (apparently that's where you store your building materials if you're a builder?)..

Nice Smart roadster - I was perusing Autotrader for them last night, 60mpg is awfully attractive when you realise you've burned £450s worth of petrol and you're only half way through the month..

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2012, 14:56:43 »

Nice Smart roadster - I was perusing Autotrader for them last night, 60mpg is awfully attractive when you realise you've burned £450s worth of petrol and you're only half way through the month..

60mpg? That's a bit like a V6 Omega doing 45 mpg around town  ;) ;) In the real world, it's only low 40's, but she rarely ventures further than Adsa/Tesco in it. It's a great car for the twisty B roads, as long as you get your head around the flappy paddle semi-auto gear box. If you try driving it enthusiastically in 'auto', it'll almost always be in the wrong gear, but it does go well in manual/flappy paddle mode.  :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2012, 14:58:01 »

I can't believe you let that lawn grow so high Andy ??? :D :D

It must've been just after one of those rare dry periods when it was worth getting the lawn mower out......  ;) ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2012, 15:00:12 »

Now I understand why the Smart actually handles :y had presumed it was a situpandbeg rollerskate ;D

I'm sure I've mentioned what flavour Smart she had  ;) ;)
Her's is the Smart Roadster coupe ie it has the greenhouse bit on the back, or there's the Roadster that was on Top Gear with the baking tray boot.  :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2012, 15:01:18 »

That's not Andys house, he's just burgled it ;D ;D

Trust you to lump everyone in the same boat  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2012, 15:41:30 »

60mpg? That's a bit like a V6 Omega doing 45 mpg around town  ;) ;) In the real world, it's only low 40's, but she rarely ventures further than Adsa/Tesco in it. It's a great car for the twisty B roads, as long as you get your head around the flappy paddle semi-auto gear box. If you try driving it enthusiastically in 'auto', it'll almost always be in the wrong gear, but it does go well in manual/flappy paddle mode.  :y :y

Ah, low 40s isn't so impressive.. although if I were using one it would be a mix of 'country roads' and motorway cruising (where I realise it would probably be a horrid place to sit for 100 miles at a time).

Although LPGing the Omega is probably more 'sensible' - by my maths it'd be ~£16 to do 100 miles on LPG on the motorway vs. £13 in something doing 50mpg; and given the purchase price of something that'll do 50mpg..

60mpg is what Parkers reckon the non-Roadster Smart will do, incidentally (presumably extra-urban).

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 October 2012, 16:04:01 »

Ah, low 40s isn't so impressive.. although if I were using one it would be a mix of 'country roads' and motorway cruising (where I realise it would probably be a horrid place to sit for 100 miles at a time).

Although LPGing the Omega is probably more 'sensible' - by my maths it'd be ~£16 to do 100 miles on LPG on the motorway vs. £13 in something doing 50mpg; and given the purchase price of something that'll do 50mpg..

60mpg is what Parkers reckon the non-Roadster Smart will do, incidentally (presumably extra-urban).

you need something like my old 406 hdi,it'll go from Cornwall to Kent and back on one tank of derv(about 100 quids worth) 740-760 miles depending on which way we go,cruises at 80 at 2.5k revs and is comfy and quiet and believe it or not very reliable considering the 200k miles its covered :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

« Reply #14 on: 17 October 2012, 16:09:24 »

you need something like my old 406 hdi,it'll go from Cornwall to Kent and back on one tank of derv(about 100 quids worth) 740-760 miles depending on which way we go,cruises at 80 at 2.5k revs and is comfy and quiet and believe it or not very reliable considering the 200k miles its covered :y

Actually before I had the (first) Omega I had an old Pug 205 Estate with the 1.9D (non turbo) engine - frugal, albeit slug like. Sadly the one I bought blew out a core plug/water way and emptied it's coolant (repeatedly) within a few months of purchase :(

So I bought the 2.5TD Omega, which turned out to have a knackered AR25 (never locked up) and got 19mpg ;D So I ended up with a (marginally) cheaper to run 3.2V6 by using 'man logic'  :-[ :-[

700 miles on a tank would be nice - although saying that, a friend of mine can get 700+ out of a tank in his 2.2DTi..
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.