Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Break from Omega's - but I'll be back  (Read 3274 times)

STMO123

Re: Break from Omega's - but I'll be back
« Reply #15 on: 28 December 2006, 18:48:00 »

good luck with the rover - had a few of these myself  ;)

Yeah, but you've never actually driven one. Just broke em and sold em. Vandal >:(

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #16 on: 28 December 2006, 18:51:11 »

good luck with the rover - had a few of these myself  ;)

Yeah, but you've never actually driven one. Just broke em and sold em. Vandal >:(

:y ;D actually ( as he gets on his high horse) i have owned for personal use two 200vi`s and a 25 gti

also had a wedge shaped 216 gti
Honestly some folk just think profit profit profit  ;D
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 28 December 2006, 19:43:43 »

You got it Martin - there is no plans to permanently move away from Omega, just a short term money saving measure, and like you say will give me time to do up a nice Elite for next winter :D

You could get something for a few hundred then tidy it up - also fit gas if you want - with the luxury of not having to rush.

As to insurance mine is £100 lower than expected - I wonder if the gas conversion makes it seem like the driver is going to be more careful - may be worth asking

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 December 2006, 19:46:27 »

I am sure you will be back James, Rover Diesel will be cheaper to run, but you will be gagging for a decent comfy V6 drive after a few months  ;)

STMO123

« Reply #19 on: 28 December 2006, 19:51:54 »

You got it Martin - there is no plans to permanently move away from Omega, just a short term money saving measure, and like you say will give me time to do up a nice Elite for next winter :D

You could get something for a few hundred then tidy it up - also fit gas if you want - with the luxury of not having to rush.

As to insurance mine is £100 lower than expected - I wonder if the gas conversion makes it seem like the driver is going to be more careful - may be worth asking

Its not the gas conversion that makes you drive slowly Martin, its that rather large thing on the back ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 December 2006, 19:59:36 »

Its not the gas conversion that makes you drive slowly Martin, its that rather large thing on the back ;D
What, the ironing board ;)
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #21 on: 28 December 2006, 20:03:23 »

What, the ironing board ;)

Hmmm.....I'd like to see that in a wind tunnel......."The effects of a rather great caravan on a rear spoiler" ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #22 on: 28 December 2006, 20:12:54 »

Spoiler or van?

STMO123

« Reply #23 on: 28 December 2006, 20:19:21 »

Spoiler or van?

See above :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #24 on: 28 December 2006, 20:29:27 »

Nose to tail traffic - how to upset solo cars.

Pull over. Get water tank out. Plug in pump. Go into littlest room. Relieve yourself. Come out with knowing smile with other people knowing exactly what you have done. Rejoin 3 cars behind where you were.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 December 2006, 23:23:36 »

Try this place http://forums.mg-rover.org/forumdisplay.php?f=104 there a good bunch of lads and quite knowledgeable, they have helped me out with my Rover 25. I have removed the cat and replaced it with a de-cat pipe and upped the boost which has made a big difference to the performance and all of which is described on the above site ;)
Retired

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 December 2006, 12:33:49 »

Try this place http://forums.mg-rover.org/forumdisplay.php?f=104 there a good bunch of lads and quite knowledgeable, they have helped me out with my Rover 25. I have removed the cat and replaced it with a de-cat pipe and upped the boost which has made a big difference to the performance and all of which is described on the above site ;)
I must of somehow upset people of that site...   ...I never seem to get decent answers there, neither does Mrs TheBoy's dad :(
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #27 on: 29 December 2006, 12:35:56 »

I must of somehow upset people of that site...   ...I never seem to get decent answers there, neither does Mrs TheBoy's dad :(

I posted a query on there. Went back next day. Zero replies. :(

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 December 2006, 18:30:17 »

Ive only ever posted on the Diesel section and got quite a few replies. There is a big push for 150BHP from the L series diesel engine on the forum so I think I will cheat and LPG mine ;)
Retired

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #29 on: 29 December 2006, 19:01:37 »

150bhp from L series  :o intresting and quick.... :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.