Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: useless, annoying, incompetent......  (Read 1517 times)

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
useless, annoying, incompetent......
« on: 30 December 2006, 22:39:19 »

insurance companies.
quotes- me-the renewal premium you have sent is a lot more than last year if that is your best quote i will go elsewhere, can i have a proof of no claims bonus cert sent to me. ( 9th dec).
today, new insurance company- if we dont receive proof of ncb we will cancel your policy and charge you for a no zero claims (as if i would stay with them then!) given me till the 6th jan.
old ins company - sorry about that we will send another out, but why dont your new company just phone us up with your permission? (they can do that sort of thing you know !!)  new company- oh no we couldnt possibly do that its against data protection act, well i ask, whos data are you trying to protect? yours of course came the reply!?
i think these people are now getting sue shy and are not daring to even sneeze over the phone to avoid a lawsuit!
how bloody ridiculous, it was obvious that the ncb cert may go missing over the x-mas period.
you just go round and round in circles........... ::)
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Re: useless, annoying, incompetent......
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2006, 22:45:13 »

You have 30 days cancellation period with any insurance policy so ditch the cheap data protection lot and find another - that way you've had a month for free :y  Personally I'm with Direct Line and policy was cheaper this year than last despite having max NCB
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2006, 22:45:33 »

I'm with esure for one of my policies and every year the renewal quote has a copy of my no-claims entitlement with it. Pity they dont all do this as you'd have the proof even if you decided not to renew.

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2006, 22:47:14 »

You have 30 days cancellation period with any insurance policy so ditch the cheap data protection lot and find another - that way you've had a month for free :y  Personally I'm with Direct Line and policy was cheaper this year than last despite having max NCB

Are you absolutely sure about thirty days. Seems generous :-/
« Last Edit: 30 December 2006, 22:47:28 by STMO123 »

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2006, 23:13:37 »

i tried to convince the muppet that if i gave permission for my ncb to be disclosed to another company then how could i sue them?  he then said i think you could find a way? I probably confused him by deviating from his holy script!
like with most telesales if you deviate them from their script they "implode".
my company are the best- me, yeh i need a part for the door on a fully integrated washing machine, tele op- where is the door located?????? me (sarcey) at the back of the machine, its gonna be a bugger to get to!!  tele op-oh  i cant see one there on the parts diagram, could it possibly be at the front like normal ones????!!!!   me yeh (resigned) must be there then.
oh dear......

STMO123

« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2006, 23:15:49 »

Calm down Tone. You know get wound up easily ::)

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 December 2006, 23:16:55 »

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 December 2006, 23:21:37 »

just had my 30 pills and am calm again........... :P

STMO123

« Reply #8 on: 30 December 2006, 23:24:39 »

just had my 30 pills and am calm again........... :P

Thank god for that. Dont want you kicking the dog before bedtime :y ;D

familyman

• Intermediate Member
  • Sittingbourne, Kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 31 December 2006, 01:17:20 »

Just to jump in sorry. But it is illegal for a telephone person to just say data protection act without quoting which section of the act they are using

tell them this and get their full name and operator no. or ask to get put through to a supervisor, this normally bypasses most problem because its true and you can report them to the ombudsman of the insurers. I've done this and suddenly no problem :y
You came in that, your braver than i thought

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #10 on: 31 December 2006, 09:58:34 »

wife went to "more than" when she changed her car to the vectra B sri....cheapest quote was £291 after a bit of negotiating - not bad !!

However we did the usual shop around thing and managed to get a quote of £238 on net  -  Brilliant!!!

Phoned more than back to advise them and see if they would reduce to £238 but they said £291 was there cheapest.

This is despite the ONLINE QUOTE we receieved ( and subsequently took out) was with MORE THAN !

;D Insurance companies indeed!!!!
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 December 2006, 13:07:21 »

i have been with esure for about 5 years and until recently they have been ok.....

they have managed to mess up my DD for the last 4 months, on two occasions not taking it at all and then writing to me to tell me that if i didn't pay them they would cancel the policy >:( i had already paid them by card over the phone ::)

Went to privilge and they quoted my £75 less, went back to esure, told them i was cancelling the policy and they let me go, no asking me why or trying to match my quote, so they lost my business......

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 December 2006, 14:38:33 »

problem is car insurance is compulsary so they just have to wait until you give them your money, where as a car dealer pampers you for that sale...........

STMO123

« Reply #13 on: 31 December 2006, 14:47:51 »

These are merely the problems you have arranging an insurance policy. Wait till you want the b@stards to pay out on one >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 December 2006, 14:48:38 »

Another thing to be careful of is the routine that many insurers use these days of continuance renewal ie you get a letter to say that your insurance is due on xx of xxx and unless we hear from you we'll automatically renew it at the price we quote. My wife had insurance through Hastings the other year and we got one of these letters despite me telling them we didn't want continuance renewal. I phoned them a fortnight or so before the renewal date to tell them that under no circumstances are they to automatically take the money from my credit card to renew the insurance. Guess what? They did anyway. Talking to the girl trying to sort it out was like talking to the village idiot - she just couldn't understand what was wrong  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.