Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Worlds dirtiest throttle body?  (Read 6207 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds dirtiest throttle body?
« Reply #30 on: 04 January 2007, 21:38:10 »

You do loose your nerve......fitting the second set of head bolts on project B having punched the windscreen 3 times whilst holding a breaker bar whilst doing the third 90 deg torque turn on the first set makes even me a bit cautious.....especially when they were not turning to nicely!
These little problems happen to all of us. Thing is Marks_DTM, you can fix such things when they go wrong....
For example, I suspect after 137k, my g/box fluid probably badly needs changing.  I ain't brave enough, as the smallest snag, and I would be really knackered with it...
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #31 on: 04 January 2007, 21:43:16 »

Firstly, really pleased that you got stuck straight back in, rather than give up :y

Secondly, from what you've described, that bolt shearing was not your fault. It happens. When you do your cambelt when weather is nicer, replace the bolt then...

Thirdly, I need to clear that cam sensor DTC so we know it doesn't reoccur...

Agreed Tunnie did a great job in the end and pleased he didnt give up  :y I, like you Tunnie read the guides and give it a go if i think i can......but dont be afraid to sound dumb asking questions.....im no expert but Mark and the likes will help :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 January 2007, 21:45:16 »

You do loose your nerve......fitting the second set of head bolts on project B having punched the windscreen 3 times whilst holding a breaker bar whilst doing the third 90 deg torque turn on the first set makes even me a bit cautious.....especially when they were not turning to nicely!
These little problems happen to all of us. Thing is Marks_DTM, you can fix such things when they go wrong....
For example, I suspect after 137k, my g/box fluid probably badly needs changing.  I ain't brave enough, as the smallest snag, and I would be really knackered with it...

I know the feeling, Mrs AA's clit Auto wants the auto fluid changing, keep reading the Haynes, then waking up with cold sweats in the night ::)
I like red cars

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #33 on: 04 January 2007, 21:51:35 »

Firstly, really pleased that you got stuck straight back in, rather than give up :y

Secondly, from what you've described, that bolt shearing was not your fault. It happens. When you do your cambelt when weather is nicer, replace the bolt then...

Thirdly, I need to clear that cam sensor DTC so we know it doesn't reoccur...

Agreed Tunnie did a great job in the end and pleased he didnt give up  :y I, like you Tunnie read the guides and give it a go if i think i can......but dont be afraid to sound dumb asking questions.....im no expert but Mark and the likes will help :y

Even tho he did call you a Muppet  ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 January 2007, 22:10:47 »

Jaime, I did my auto gear oil mate, it was a HELLISH Messy job, but dead easy ;D

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 January 2007, 22:13:55 »

Ive got to do loads this year on my Omega but the problem I find is old age is catching up with me. Last weekend I spent 4 hours draining £30 petrol out of my sister in-laws diesel. I got soaked and my back is still killing me now :'(
Retired

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 January 2007, 22:14:13 »

Jesus Tunnie that was filthy - but still works better than mine  :-[

Although you have helped me without knowing it - the butterfly IS meant to be open and mine isn't faulty so that's good news at least.

Do you want to come round and have a go at my wishbones - cos I havn't braved the challenge yet  :-[- big fat bolts that you can't snap  ;D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 January 2007, 22:15:41 »

Cheers guys  :y

Feeling better now after its run... and its all ok.

Going to get stuck right in again, and tackle my dads tomorrow. Usually i am nervous about touching his because he needs it for work. However he needs new pads and sensors (brake pad error on MID) he was going to book into Vx Banbury. But i know how to fix this done it on my first project car and on mine. So looking forward to get stuck in.

Still going to double check everything and take it slow... but still looking forward to it. I went the whole hog with mine, even put plastic seat covers on the drivers seat!  ::)

Propper Job!  ;D

I still think that i am doing a better job than an unknown garge... a mechanic may have not told me of that sheered bolt, at least i know what i have done.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 January 2007, 22:18:32 »

Although you have helped me without knowing it - the butterfly IS meant to be open and mine isn't faulty so that's good news at least.

Do you want to come round and have a go at my wishbones - cos I havn't braved the challenge yet  :-[- big fat bolts that you can't snap  ;D

I bet i could snap them  :y

Cheers I could help.... your video came in very handy, as when i was poking it i remembered it behaved the same as yours. Although it should go further but i was too scared to press it hard....

Yours still have the strange idle problem? - Not sure what i can suggest..  :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 January 2007, 22:19:47 »

Nah, I don't think you could.  You'd need more than 3 weetabix...
Grumpy old man

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 January 2007, 22:21:51 »

Nah, I don't think you could.  You'd need more than 3 weetabix...

And thicker arms  ;D
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04 January 2007, 22:25:14 »

Cheers I could help.... your video came in very handy, as when i was poking it i remembered it behaved the same as yours. Although it should go further but i was too scared to press it hard....

Problem still there - think its ECU software following cruise upgrade - I'll find out Saturday.
Don't worry about the throttle disc - you can and should give it a good push to clean around the edges and you can't damage it. :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04 January 2007, 22:32:48 »

Problem still there - think its ECU software following cruise upgrade - I'll find out Saturday.
Don't worry about the throttle disc - you can and should give it a good push to clean around the edges and you can't damage it. :y

Think i'll have to re-visit the throttle body later... fatten myself up and gather strength to open the butter fly  ;D

Cruise affecting it? Humm very odd. Was it dealer enabled?

When TheBoy worked on mine, it was just a simple option. Changing it from "Not Present" to "Present".

I am wondering if the Vx dealer has done something stupid? (which is highly possible) and not just enabled the cruise but updated the entire ECU with something wrong?  :-?

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 04 January 2007, 22:36:52 »

Cheers guys  :y

Feeling better now after its run... and its all ok.

Going to get stuck right in again, and tackle my dads tomorrow. Usually i am nervous about touching his because he needs it for work. However he needs new pads and sensors (brake pad error on MID) he was going to book into Vx Banbury. But i know how to fix this done it on my first project car and on mine. So looking forward to get stuck in.

Still going to double check everything and take it slow... but still looking forward to it. I went the whole hog with mine, even put plastic seat covers on the drivers seat!  ::)

Propper Job!  ;D

I still think that i am doing a better job than an unknown garge... a mechanic may have not told me of that sheered bolt, at least i know what i have done.

Tunnie,

As others have said, congrats on still getting involved with the car - particularly after such an event.  And yes, you are doing a better job than an unknown garage so stick with it mate - all credit to you for having a go!!
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 04 January 2007, 22:39:00 »

Think i'll have to re-visit the throttle body later... fatten myself up and gather strength to open the butter fly  ;D

Cruise affecting it? Humm very odd. Was it dealer enabled?

When TheBoy worked on mine, it was just a simple option. Changing it from "Not Present" to "Present".

I am wondering if the Vx dealer has done something stupid? (which is highly possible) and not just enabled the cruise but updated the entire ECU with something wrong?  :-?

He couldn't get the cruise to work initally (as I didn't have a clutch switch fitted - thanks again) so may have buggered about with different options.  But he did do it for nowt so I'm off for a quiet work in his shell this weekend - hopefully he'll run the Tech2 again and fix that issue - that'll just leave the emissions light.  It never ends does it.  FYI I got a new fuel filter from Ebay for £3 today - I'll take some pics and you can try yours next - no bolts!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.