Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My car has one key..  (Read 2578 times)

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
Re: My car has one key..
« Reply #15 on: 02 June 2007, 19:26:03 »

you could always do what i did and get two from vauxhall.only cost £180.00. OUCH!!!

bargain, i'll order 4!

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 June 2007, 20:13:51 »

and it's locked in the boot!!

The AA are on their way to retrieve it, and i'm wondering if i were to get a key cut, just the blade, would it be enough to unlock the door that's deadlocked or does the fob need programming?

i dont lose keys, but locking in the boot might happen again, and if i have a blade cut that will just open the door for me to get in the car, then that'll do!

any help appreciated! its a facelift gls, so no boot keyhole

I'm sorry to ask this but how have you locked your key in the boot?

If i was to put my key in the boot then shut it down i could open it again straight after. :-?

As i press the button on the key to lock the car....
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 June 2007, 20:55:43 »

car deadlocked, i open the boot using the key, put keys in shirt pocket, rearrange bags in boot, take out what i need, throw empty bag in, keys drop out of shirt pocket into boot and empty bag covers it, unnoticed, i shut boot

the key is needed to open the boot, and while the car's deadlocked shut i cant get in the car to press the boot release by the cd player

what MY is your car?

the facelift saloons boot lid doesnt have a button or a keyhole
« Last Edit: 02 June 2007, 20:56:34 by D4NNY »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 June 2007, 21:04:56 »

car deadlocked, i open the boot using the key, put keys in shirt pocket, rearrange bags in boot, take out what i need, throw empty bag in, keys drop out of shirt pocket into boot and empty bag covers it, unnoticed, i shut boot

the key is needed to open the boot, and while the car's deadlocked shut i cant get in the car to press the boot release by the cd player

This is exactly what happened to a lad from the Yahoo Omega group, only the car was a Jag X type. We had to wait while his wife drove from Stafford to Halewood with his spare key so I could get what I'd met him for. She was surprising good about it - far better than mine would have been.  ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 June 2007, 21:18:03 »

what MY is your car?

1998 MV6 (mini facelift)

so are you saying as soon as you shut the doors the car just deadlocks or am i getting it wrong?
sounds a little silly could have had kids in the car! :-?

Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 June 2007, 21:47:12 »

what MY is your car?

1998 MV6 (mini facelift)

so are you saying as soon as you shut the doors the car just deadlocks or am i getting it wrong?

The facelifts have no mechanical opening mechanism for the boot like prefacelifts - its either opened from button on dash, or via the 3rd button on the remote.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 June 2007, 21:49:41 »

:-? Timpsons had no problem copying the code from mine when I had a replacement cut.  They did say that from 97 it was main dealer job.  Lucky me and glad you got it sorted with no damage.  :y
Not on the RF remotes from late 95 onwards - the system is designed to defeat 'cloned' keys and uses a rolling code.  The earlier IR ones (94 and early 95) are much simpler affairs, and cannot be done with a Tech2 anyway (needs a Tech1 or generic key programmer).
Grumpy old man

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 June 2007, 21:57:19 »

what MY is your car?

1998 MV6 (mini facelift)

no, when you lock and deadlock the doors, you can still open the boot with the key fob, the doors stay locked and deadlocked, i'd been back to the car after each bag of mail, leaving the car itself locked because i wasnt driving it anywhere, just getting bags out of the boot

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 June 2007, 22:54:38 »

what MY is your car?

1998 MV6 (mini facelift)

no, when you lock and deadlock the doors, you can still open the boot with the key fob, the doors stay locked and deadlocked, i'd been back to the car after each bag of mail, leaving the car itself locked because i wasnt driving it anywhere, just getting bags out of the boot

Oh right i am with ya now!
Have you managed to get into your car now then??
Has your car got a key hole in the door?
They say if you have a tennis ball cut in half and put it over the key hole, then hit it the doors open :-?
maybe worth a try..

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 June 2007, 12:24:13 »

i'm lead to believe the tennis ball method was just a myth, the door locks were deadlocked anyway but i got them back

i shant explain how, because i dont think its for a public forum  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.