Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: US Grand Prix (possible spoiler)...  (Read 2820 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: US Grand Prix (possible spoiler)...
« Reply #45 on: 14 November 2021, 21:19:03 »

Certainly was. Vintage Hamilton, and Verstappen being the filthy dirty arrogant little shit we know he is. This is why he will never be a great to me, no matter how much natural speed he has.
Hamilton and Mercedes are angry, and feel their backs are against the wall. Seems to have really spurred them on to prove a point.  8)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 November 2021, 23:21:22 »

Hamilton was on fire today
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 November 2021, 08:52:16 »

Watching the pace of team mates is always interesting. Bottas and Perez just dont cut it. I cannot wait to see how Russell squares up on pace and more importantly racecraft.

We saw plenty of that from Hamilton in Brazil. There cannot be many detractors out there still unconvinced.

No one wants to see a race decided by stewards but Max cannot continue running people off the track to avoid being overtaken. It will end badly one day. Maybe offending drivers should be sent on a “ course” - a bit like the UK one for speeding. Maybe the stewards could attend too.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15 November 2021, 09:53:04 »

Watching the pace of team mates is always interesting. Bottas and Perez just dont cut it. I cannot wait to see how Russell squares up on pace and more importantly racecraft.

We saw plenty of that from Hamilton in Brazil. There cannot be many detractors out there still unconvinced.

This. The true greats know how far they can push the rules. Bottas doesn't and always seems to err on the side of caution. On any one lap he can put in a performance to match most drivers, but over a race distance he lacks the racecraft to extract the best overall result, either for himself or the team. I'll reserve judgement on Russel till he's had a couple of races next season though.

No one wants to see a race decided by stewards but Max cannot continue running people off the track to avoid being overtaken. It will end badly one day. Maybe offending drivers should be sent on a “ course” - a bit like the UK one for speeding. Maybe the stewards could attend too.

I don't see it like that. Max did exactly what I was saying Bottas should have done in the last race to Max. Ultimatley I think all the recent greats would have done the same - Hamilton, Alonzo, Schumacher, Prost, Senna and Mansell. Pretty sure Hamilton knew what was going to happen too, and realised that unless he had clear air infront of Max then he was going to have to run wide.   

Now I fully accept that if there had been a wall there (like Monaco or Montreal), or a gravel trap, then both drivers would have been out. But they both knew there wasn't, and both are prepared to push the rules to breaking point in order to win. That's what makes a champion, and why Bottas won't be one.

If anything it shows a problem with the rules, and I agree with what Toto said in the post race interview with Ch4. Basically either shred the track limits rules, or enforce them rigidly with no leniency for anything. Either way, if the top drivers believe the rules won't be enforced, then they will start to explore the limits of what will be enforced. It's in their DNA.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15 November 2021, 09:56:39 »

Surely a true champion would seek to win within the rules :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 15 November 2021, 10:08:51 »

Surely a true champion would seek to win within the rules :-X

It is/was within the rules, at least according to the stewards.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 15 November 2021, 10:50:03 »

There was one point in the race when Bottas bottled out of of a two car, one space battle. If he'd held his nerve then probably both would have gone off. Should have taken it for the team.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 15 November 2021, 11:02:13 »

If Bottas had been a great driver he would have made the overtake stick and could have won the race. Proves my point about him just being a number 2 driver.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 15 November 2021, 11:07:05 »

If Bottas had been a great driver he would have made the overtake stick and could have won the race. Proves my point about him just being a number 2 driver.
Even without being a great driver, he could have made Spice Boy's head explode  ;D
Diesel till I die

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 15 November 2021, 13:01:36 »

If Martin Brundle gets his tongue any further up Spiceboys arse he'll likely disappear, it was killing him to have to praise Hamilton yesterday.
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 15 November 2021, 19:28:38 »

Forcing another driver off the track is against the rules and Max should have been given a penalty for it.
He is an arrogant dangerous little thug (which runs in the family) and is going to hurt someone if everyone keeps indulging him.
If Hamilton had held his line as he was entitled to do, we would have had another high speed crash between the two.
Norris was penalised for doing very similar to Checa earlier in the season. We need consistency from the FIA.
After the events of this weekend it seems the FIA have switched their long standing support for Ferrari to Red Bull.
They didnt review onboard footage from the Red Bull to see what he did with the steerin before announcing" no further action."
Interestingly, this footage seems to have disappeared into the ether, as no-one can find it to form a conclusive view.  ::)
I dont believe Hamilton would have done the same if the roles were reversed. He is the cleanest driver I have ever seen.
Max is definitely from the Schumacher school of race driving, and I hoped for the sake of the sport we would never see the like of Schumacher again.
There is a fine line between "let them race", and no sporting ethics. Verstappen is way past the wrong side of that line. As he has shown time and time again.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2021, 19:37:53 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

speedy_ns

• Novi Sad Serbia
    • Omega B 2.5 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 16 November 2021, 07:41:48 »

Cleanest driver????
I understand Hamilton is one of yours but c'mon, some objectivity??
I guess you was sleeping during first couple of rounds at Silverstone, for example..
Don't get me wrong, Max is what he is, but saying things like that is just childish.
Hamilton has got much more then he's talent or working ethics could get him in some other teams, such as Mclaren with MIka, or Ferrari with Nikki or Shumaher.
Not to mention Senna. Thay all had there ''dirty'' plays in their times, but that' racing. It is not valleybal.
Most of Hamiltons wins are based on having the fastest car, and just being lucky. We could see that last year. I'm sad that Bottas has no self respect to show that many of the current drivers could have ruffly the same results in that Mercedes.
I really don't like Max, I am a Ferrari fan, but in this case, I hope he'll get the title, cause Lewis got much more than he deserved.
As for the politics part, it's all about the money. Best possible way to see who is the best is to make all cars the same, but we all know that will never happen...

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 16 November 2021, 09:06:54 »

Hence my comment about how team mates cmpare.

Norris Ricciardo, Leclerc Sainz. And so on. Pretty evenly matched.

Bottas can put in fast qualfying - a technical lap but when it comes to racecraft it is like he loses concentration. The race was Bottas ‘s for the taking.

Same with Max and Perez. Perez just cannot match Verstappen.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 16 November 2021, 13:49:27 »

Your probably right about Perez, but he would never be allowed to beat Verstappen if he was able to.
The whole team is built around the wonderboy. Riciardo saw it coming and got out.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 16 November 2021, 18:50:22 »

Cleanest driver????
I understand Hamilton is one of yours but c'mon, some objectivity??
I guess you was sleeping during first couple of rounds at Silverstone, for example..
Don't get me wrong, Max is what he is, but saying things like that is just childish.
Hamilton has got much more then he's talent or working ethics could get him in some other teams, such as Mclaren with MIka, or Ferrari with Nikki or Shumaher.
Not to mention Senna. Thay all had there ''dirty'' plays in their times, but that' racing. It is not valleybal.
Most of Hamiltons wins are based on having the fastest car, and just being lucky. We could see that last year. I'm sad that Bottas has no self respect to show that many of the current drivers could have ruffly the same results in that Mercedes.
I really don't like Max, I am a Ferrari fan, but in this case, I hope he'll get the title, cause Lewis got much more than he deserved.
As for the politics part, it's all about the money. Best possible way to see who is the best is to make all cars the same, but we all know that will never happen...
See my reply #38.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.