Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Alaskan Door escape  (Read 13351 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Alaskan Door escape
« Reply #15 on: 09 January 2024, 10:22:26 »

I wonder if Ryanair will charge a premium for non window seats?

Pay £10 priority to guarantee you WON’T get allocated a seat next to an innocent looking window which is actually a “ plug” with loose bolts.

It is like something out of squid games!

Ryanair (and TUi) are buying/leasing Max8. Max8 doesn't have the mid cabin exit.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 January 2024, 10:52:02 »

Spudulike does due to the density... 737-8200 is a Ryanair only 737-9 aircraft variation. But is fitted with an exit door which is secured differently into the same frame with cam locks and door lock sensors.

And I can't believe that no one would not take advantage of a seat sized hole to fit the interior.

One of my last jobs for my previous employer was to strip and refit
 a 737-700 based BBJ (HZ-MF1) as part of a D Check and getting the rear cabin seats out of the rear door was a total ball ache as there's not the space to get the seats between the rear lavs and around the corner in the galley.  In the end we stripped one half of that cabin and piled it up on the opposite side whilst they did what they needed to and then swapped when the first side was ready.

Traditionally the seats are fitted through the front door opening from back to front once the rear toilets and galley are put in. You have to strip the rear cabin to get the lavs out, (overhead lockers, side wall panels and ceiling all have to come out just to unbolt them) and then the rear door isn't wide enough to get the lav assembly out in one piece.

Also the case when swapping out individual seat assemblies on GB Airways 737s in the early 2000s.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2024, 10:54:12 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 January 2024, 11:06:13 »

Spudulike does due to the density... 737-8200 is a Ryanair only 737-9 aircraft variation. But is fitted with an exit door which is secured differently into the same frame with cam locks and door lock sensors.

And I can't believe that no one would not take advantage of a seat sized hole to fit the interior.

I stand (sit) corrected. Not flown FR since pre pandemic. However, the extra doors on FR are proper emergency exits, with a seat row removed, so hopefully not affected by whatever the 'plug door' issue turn out to be.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 January 2024, 11:20:51 »

I wonder if Ryanair will charge a premium for non window seats?

Pay £10 priority to guarantee you WON’T get allocated a seat next to an innocent looking window which is actually a “ plug” with loose bolts.

It is like something out of squid games!
Ryanair charge their extra legroom rate to sit by that exit door on their version of the -9. And if you book an extra legroom row on any aircraft, don't bother taking hand luggage, especially on short haul as you won't have anywhere to put it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 January 2024, 12:03:35 »

One subtle difference between this plug and a regular door, (I don't know which way round either of the exit options are configured), is that on a regular door the guide pin is part of the over centre cam mechanism and part of the door. As the handle is operated the guide pin rotated into a curved J shaped guide, locking it in and simultaneously tensioning the door against the stops. I believe the overwing exit latches are a variation of the same principle.

The pin being on the door and the guide on the frame. On the plug door these are reversed... The pin is on the frame and the guide on the door and overall is a much simpler mechanism but it relies on the bolts to keep it from moving...

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 January 2024, 15:06:09 »

I stand (sit) corrected. Not flown FR since pre pandemic. However, the extra doors on FR are proper emergency exits, with a seat row removed, so hopefully not affected by whatever the 'plug door' issue turn out to be.
Afflicted or not, I would rather eat my own organs than ever fly with them.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 January 2024, 22:46:26 »

Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 January 2024, 23:12:24 »

;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 January 2024, 03:09:47 »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 January 2024, 18:08:01 »

Did I hear that United was throwing in the towel, and looking at getting a load of 321neo's instead?
Grumpy old man

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 January 2024, 10:28:26 »

Did I hear that United was throwing in the towel, and looking at getting a load of 321neo's instead?

Trouble is, the order book is full for all A320/321's stretching out till 2028 so even if ordered now unlikely to be many in service till 2030 ish.

Does look like Boeing have flogged an old horse one too many times instead of biting the bullet a starting a clean sheet design (5-10 years ago).

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 January 2024, 12:41:57 »

Southwest are.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 January 2024, 13:02:51 »

The wheels have completely come off now  ;D

https://news.sky.com/story/nose-wheel-falls-off-boeing-757-as-delta-air-lines-flight-prepares-to-take-off-from-atlanta-airport-13055350
More lazy shit reporting, not that you would expect anything more from a sales driven media outlet.

This incident has absolutely zero to do with the 737 debacle, yet two thirds of it is banging on about that just because this aircraft happened to be built by the same company, even though that 757 was probably flying before the person writing the article left school. rather eejits.

I would wager, without looking, that this 757 had just had a tyre replaced and a locking clip was missed. What's more of a concern is that neither the flight crew doing their preflight checks, the engineer dispatching the flight or the ground crew didn't spot it. Especially the push back team as the bar connects to the nose gear and is manually locked and released so at least three missed opportunities to spot it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 January 2024, 13:22:19 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.