Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1994 Omega dead remote  (Read 1889 times)

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
1994 Omega dead remote
« on: 19 May 2020, 09:15:39 »

The infrared remote on girlfriends Omega suddenly died yesterday. Car wouldnt start because of immobilizer. Had to go home to get spare key to get the car to start. The spare key have a bad microswitch but works. The key she has been using have been in good condition before it suddenly died. Changed batteries two times and even took it apart. 6v gets from the batteries to the circuit board inside the remote but nothing happens. The little red light dont light up and car dont react. All solderjoints look Ok to an amateur. Talked to Opel dealer who said these remotes are no longer available. They also said that remote needs to be new. A used remote from a different car cant be reprogrammed. Parts number on defective remote are 90459461 and 90460834. Both are stamped on it.
The question is do anybody know a place to get a new remote, and is it true that a good used one wont work? As i have previously understood the old infrared system requires Tech 1 to programme.

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
Re: 1994 Omega dead remote
« Reply #1 on: 19 May 2020, 09:44:38 »

Dealer did provide me with a newer part number for it 90512397

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2020, 11:18:15 »

I have an ecu set from a 95/96 2.5 manual which I think has 2 remotes separate from the keys, would be cheap as it's have been on ebay for years with no interest  ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2020, 13:33:58 »

Im not sure how much is involved in changing the centrallocking/immobilizer system? What parts are needed to match? Car has central locking and immobilizer but no alarm. As i understand the engine ecu dont really have anything to do with it on the IR system. Dont know if the immobilizer is build into the central locking ecu or if its a standalone unit.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2020, 09:40:10 »

I may be wrong (I often am  ::)) but I think a wiring mod will take the immobiliser out of the equation.

Central locking should still be happy to work off the key in the drivers door.

I didn't post this yesterday because I thought you would still need a way to switch the alarm off. - shows how many years it is since my 94 Omega went to the crusher.............
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.