Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Erratic idle. Possible the EGR valve stuck.  URG!!  (Read 820 times)

secarianu

• Constanza, Romania
    • View Profile
Erratic idle. Possible the EGR valve stuck.  URG!!
« on: 19 July 2008, 11:15:09 »

HEllo! I'm from Romania and I have a problem with my car, an OMEGA 2.2 dth diesel estate version. The problem is with the start of the engine. Since I bought it, 2 years ago, I had difficuties starting it, and when she starts, it idles erraticaly for a few seconds, then is ok. But from a month ago it starts very difficult and when it starts, it idles more and more erraticaly, whith smuglings and a lot of white-grey smoke in the back, and the it stops. I have cdone the followings:
- cleaned and verified for presure the fuel tank connections and hoses from the fuel tank-fuel filter container (changed entirely) to the high pressure injection pump;
- changed the PRESSURE VALVE from the HIGH PRESSURE INJECTION PUMP (fuel-return);
- changed the fuel-return hoses with the "T" connections;
- cleaned and verified the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (E.G.R.) Valve and is working I guess;
- changer the Mass Air Flow sensor (same type BOSCH)
- cleaned the admision where the EGR valve is.

The MAF sensor I had changed because of an error code dysplayed on "My Naff Code Reader" test.
I had noticed that when I took off the EGR valve from the admision colector, the engine starts very good, and the EGR valve seems to work properly because I saw the piston to compress (connected to the vacuum hose and positioned to the windscreen to see her), but then idles erraticaly with a lot of smoke, especially brown-black smoke comming from the hole where the EGR valve piston works, and then stops.  In my contry, particularly in my city, none of the service centers could resolve my problem, invoking the solutions presented up. If anyone can help me because I'm despered!!!
"SPLENDID" OMEGA Y22DTH
***THE QUEEN***

secarianu

• Constanza, Romania
    • View Profile
Re: Erratic idle. Possible the EGR valve stuck.  URG!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 August 2009, 19:21:51 »

After 2 years I came with the result from my problem: it was the rings from one piston (no. 2) and finally the engine was running on oil (7000 rpms, no  engine stopping, radiator exploded, etc.) and melted the piston. ::) So, if you have the simptoms described by me, please be carefull  :-/
« Last Edit: 17 August 2009, 19:54:33 by secarianu »
"SPLENDID" OMEGA Y22DTH
***THE QUEEN***
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.