Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-bay order  (Read 1252 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
E-bay order
« on: 16 October 2020, 09:14:29 »

Ordered a set of handbrake shoes for the 960 yesterday morning[free delivery] got an e-mail from the seller at 12.10 to say they'd been despatched Parcelforce delivered them this morning at 8.35 am :y Obviously not living in Brackley is an advantage :D

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: E-bay order
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2020, 09:44:23 »

ive used ebay for years and only had a handfull of issues compared with the hundreds of perfect transactions.as ive mentioned before ive bought virtually my entire house and car repair parts from ebay over the years.fantastic place to find stuff.everything you want always pops up eventually.
people seem to think that ebay is a place that sells parts and stuff itself whereas realy its only an online tool for shops and private individuals to use.some sellers are good some sellers are bad same as actual shops/ people.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2020, 22:36:01 »

My official total is 250 purchases-I have made more but there have been some multiple items bought from the same seller at the same time.Only once have I ordered/paid for something that the seller couldn't for some reason supply but I was notified of this shortly after hitting the "buy it now" and the money refunded straight away.All other transactions have gone perfectly well,although none quite so quickly as this one.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2020, 13:15:55 »

whereas realy its only an online tool for shops and private individuals to use.some sellers are good some sellers are bad same as actual shops/ people.
This is the problem - it would appear a significant proportion of British sellers are lazy, and to get the says promise dispatch within a day, but seemingly think its fine to go to the postoffice once a week at best.  Its also amazing how many British Ebay sellers are clearly accident prone, seeing as I've had hundreds (yes, literally hundreds) of sellers saying they were rushed to hospital and hence didn't post my stuff for a couple of weeks.

Brits are bone idle and selfish, embarrassingly.

Then you get the Chinese sellers getting ever more careful to appear as genuine British sellers. Most of the time you can spot it, but sometimes the first you are aware is the Paypal email comes back with hieroglyphs.

Now, most of the time, items I want aren't time sensitive, but for those that are such as MOT failure parts etc, if I'm forced down the Ebay route, I go for the fast and free ones.  That means I expect it posted next business day on a 1st class or better service. Not posted next Saturday via Herpes 4 day delivery.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2020, 13:16:55 »

My official total is 250 purchases
I'm probably over that just for this year  ;D.
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2020, 08:23:41 »

My official total is 250 purchases
I'm probably over that just for this year  ;D.
[/highlight]

Presumably because hope triumphs over experience ::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2020, 09:34:12 »

Purchased several items over the last few months for home & cars, everything arrived swiftly one item damaged but usable received a full refund though so all good here.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 October 2020, 10:17:09 »

Presumably because hope triumphs over experience ::)
My definition of intelligence is somebody who fully learns from past mistakes.

So what does that make me?  I did tell you I was the stoopid kid from the local Comprehensive ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.