Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: More bat-flu news  (Read 7969 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: More bat-flu news
« Reply #45 on: 11 February 2021, 19:16:22 »

Here is a thought.

Death and infection statistics are high now due to how the stats are produced. Will we see them magically go down when there is a good % vaccinated.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11 February 2021, 19:19:55 »

....not interfere...

Thankyou.  :y :-[ ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 February 2021, 19:21:59 »

I would like to know the percentage of people who are taking this pandemic seriously,
Clearly not enough  :(
back in the early days it was about 80% compliance ,which is unlikely to have improved  :(
hard to quantify anyway as many idiots seem oblivious to even simple rules ,or believe in autonomy ,it won't effect them etc

what else can we do if we wish to remain safe from the virus?
"Hands , Face, space"  and disinfect everything (post, shopping, deliveries etc)

Here is a thought.

Death and infection statistics are high now due to how the stats are produced. Will we see them magically go down when there is a good % vaccinated.

Lets hope so ,all conspiracy theory's aside  :P

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11 February 2021, 19:34:12 »

Home delivery for shopping is all well and good if you can actually get a slot.

Best we can manage around here is about three weeks ahead. Which is great, but what do you suggest for the meantime?

Bread only lasts three to four days, likewise fruit/veg... Getting £20-40 shopping every week delivered makes it stupidly expensive compared to getting it yourself less than a mile away.

I go shopping twice a week. Usually in the village, but if neither of the supermarkets in the village have a particular item, then that means a twenty mile round trip to the nearest bigger shops, which are that busy, there's usually a queue to get in.

Dog gets a walk a day, and if I am really well behaved, I get to go to work once every 7-8 weeks. (technically we're classed as essential workers, and if any of the companies customers wanted us to travel to an outstation we could legally travel internationally without quarantine).

Apart from the odd weekend away and holidays and working full time, life is pretty much unchanged.

Where I call BS on the lockdowns is not being able to do things like  getting a haircut, when I can do almost everything else that I normally would.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11 February 2021, 19:42:02 »

I would like to know the percentage of people who are taking this pandemic seriously,
Clearly not enough  :(
back in the early days it was about 80% compliance ,which is unlikely to have improved  :(
hard to quantify anyway as many idiots seem oblivious to even simple rules ,or believe in autonomy ,it won't effect them etc

what else can we do if we wish to remain safe from the virus?
"Hands , Face, space"  and disinfect everything (post, shopping, deliveries etc)

Here is a thought.

Lets hope so ,all conspiracy theory's aside  :P

Goes without saying the washing of hands etc that's all being done since the start comes as normal now.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11 February 2021, 19:50:32 »

Here is a thought.

Given that we are testing more people than most countries around the world, it shouldn't be a surprise that our infection rates are higher than many.  ;)

One thing that I'd like to know, is how are different countries are determining a Covid death?  ???  ::)  Because this business of being counted as a Covid death if you died for any reason within 28 days of a positive test (which may be a false positive anyway!) has always seemed completely ridiculous to me.  I read for example a few months ago that Germany only counts people who have literally been killed by Covid as a Covid death. Which seems sensible?  ??? ::)

Capt Tom for example was admitted to hospital with breathing problems due to pneumonia, apparently contracted Covid in hospital and then everyone is saying he died of Covid?  ???  ::)  :-\  :-X

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 February 2021, 19:51:38 »

To Varches' last... Which will only serve to reduce our immunity to germs in the long run ::)

To Sir Tig... Noone has dared to suggest that it would be miraculous for some that far north of 80 to NOT contract pneumonia  ::)

And it goes without saying that having recently spent 16 hours at around 8,000 feet or so (the effective altitude inside a commercial jet at cruising altitude) won't have helped any.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2021, 19:59:04 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 February 2021, 19:52:29 »

Here is a thought.

Given that we are testing more people than most countries around the world, it shouldn't be a surprise that our infection rates are higher than many.  ;)

One thing that I'd like to know, is how are different countries are determining a Covid death?  ???  ::)  Because this business of being counted as a Covid death if you died for any reason within 28 days of a positive test (which may be a false positive anyway!) has always seemed completely ridiculous to me.  I read for example a few months ago that Germany only counts people who have literally been killed by Covid as a Covid death. Which seems sensible?  ??? ::)

Capt Tom for example was admitted to hospital with breathing problems due to pneumonia, apparently contracted Covid in hospital and then everyone is saying he died of Covid?  ???  ::)  :-\  :-X
If I went into hospital to have my tonsils removed, caught covid and died, would I have actually died of tonsillitis?
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11 February 2021, 19:56:34 »

Here is a thought.

If I went into hospital to have my tonsils removed, caught covid and died, would I have actually died of tonsillitis?

No because it's very unlikely that you would have died of tonsillitis.  Maybe septicemia or some other complication due to your operation.  ::)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 11 February 2021, 19:57:35 »

Where I call BS on the lockdowns is not being able to do things like  getting a haircut, when I can do almost everything else that I normally would.
Because whoever is doing your perm and blue rinse can only do so by getting VERY close to each customer .
any one of which could have Covid ,so potentially spreading it to 10+  :-\ customers per day ,who take the covid home to granny and the wife & kids ,each spread and new case is a potential death or new variant

I doubt many people die from having long hair though  :-\
and being locked down, no one will see your long hair  :D
or buy some clippers and a pair of scissors and watch a few youtube videos on how to make your hair less long  :P

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11 February 2021, 20:00:22 »

Because whoever is doing your perm and blue rinse can only do so by getting VERY close to each customer .
any one of which could have Covid ,so potentially spreading it to 10+  :-\ customers per day ,who take the covid home to granny and the wife & kids ,each spread and new case is a potential death or new variant

or buy some clippers and a pair of scissors and watch a few youtube videos on how to make your hair less long  :P

I bought some clippers last March and now can do a fairly decent Grade 2 short back n sides.  :y 

Not sure I'll ever go back to a barber to be honest as it's always been a chore I've hated.  ::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 11 February 2021, 20:01:04 »

Haircut is simple number one attachment & straight over for me once a fortnight looks excellent, used to be a zero when I was working but I don't need to look like "a hard bastard" anymore.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2021, 20:04:12 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 11 February 2021, 20:04:49 »

Here is a thought.

No because it's very unlikely that you would have died of tonsillitis.  Maybe septicemia or some other complication due to your operation.  ::)
Not having it. He caught covid and then he died. He may have died from pneumonia, but he definitely died whilst suffering from covid.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 11 February 2021, 20:06:01 »

My dog most definitely needs a haircut.  ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 11 February 2021, 20:06:26 »

all good points  :)
unfortunately the 28 day thing is an international standard  :(
which is why you look at excess deaths, 125 thousand
this will include cancer patients etc who die because hospitals are rammed with covid patients
they have died because of covid ,rather than of covid

so we need to get on top of covid ,by social distancing ,following the rules etc
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.