Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: More bat-flu news  (Read 7973 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: More bat-flu news
« Reply #75 on: 11 February 2021, 20:34:00 »

It was perfectly reasonable for someone to cut my, and other people's hair wearing a face screen (like they do at the Hospitals).

If that's a reasonable thing for hospital staff, why isn't it good for everyone else where the situation may warrant it ???
Hospital workers are doing important jobs ,saving lives
they run the risk of catching and spreading Covid ,possibly ending up dead .

your hair being a bit long is not so important to the UK's economy
My £20 alone might not matter, but add it to the 50-60 that might go through each barbers and hairdressers 6 days a week it actually adds upto a reasonable amount :-X

Add in all the other furloughed people... Being paid by the government whilst not actually producing anything. It simply doesn't make sense to close down whole swaithes of the economy when reasonable precautions can be taken to allow them to continue.

Twenty quid for a haircut!!  :o  ::)

What you avin? Rinse, blowdry and perm?  ;D
Blow dry? You'd get a blow job for that in Barnsley  ;D

And that's a posh blowjob as well!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 11 February 2021, 20:38:27 »

With a tip ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 11 February 2021, 20:39:42 »

It was perfectly reasonable for someone to cut my, and other people's hair wearing a face screen (like they do at the Hospitals).

If that's a reasonable thing for hospital staff, why isn't it good for everyone else where the situation may warrant it ???

My £20 alone might not matter, but add it to the 50-60 that might go through each barbers and hairdressers 6 days a week it actually adds upto a reasonable amount :-X

Add in all the other furloughed people... Being paid by the government whilst not actually producing anything. It simply doesn't make sense to close down whole swaithes of the economy when reasonable precautions can be taken to allow them to continue.
you forgot to factor in the cost of treatment for those people with tidy hair who catch covid and live , or the funerals and other costs ,for those that die

As for "reasonable precautions" ,one thing we have learned is that there are plenty of idiots about ignoring advice about staying safe etc ,
the only "reasonable precaution" would be to stay home with long hair or cut it yourself

people looking for loopholes, ignoring the lockdown and not social distancing because they think they know better IS the reason covid is doing so well

I do hope your "long hair" problem is resolved soon DG
must be a really hard issue to have to cope with  :P

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 11 February 2021, 20:40:35 »

you forgot to factor in the cost of treatment for those people with tidy hair who catch covid and live , or the funerals and other costs ,for those that die

As for "reasonable precautions" ,one thing we have learned is that there are plenty of idiots about ignoring advice about staying safe etc ,
the only "reasonable precaution" would be to stay home with long hair or cut it yourself

people looking for loopholes, ignoring the lockdown and not social distancing because they think they know better IS the reason covid is doing so well

I do hope your "long hair" problem is resolved soon DG
must be a really hard issue to have to cope with  :P
A picture speaks a thousand words.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 11 February 2021, 20:41:38 »

Long but interesting read:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/chronic-infection-uk-coronavirus-variant

The takeways are that the B.1.1.7 (Kent) variant probably emerged from a patient with a weakened immune system, allowing the virus to 'learn'. And that the more ANY Covid type spreads, the more likely it is to find a really dangerous variant.

Good read! :y

Yes, your points sum it up well, but of course are disturbing.  That why I believe no one should be so arrogant to think the vaccines will restrict COVID completely and things could get worse before getting better, and that is why I for one will not be foolish enough to predict the future.  It is in the hands of GOD ;)

The God of love - who has sat back and allowed over a million (so far) of his creations to die a horrible death from it ?  ???

When we are born we are given no guarantee on life expectancy and how we will die along with the challenges we will face in our lives. No one lives forever in this existence, and therefore millions die every year far beyond that who have died from COVID. Most will fade away peacefully and pass onto  the new life ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 11 February 2021, 20:42:54 »

Long but interesting read:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/chronic-infection-uk-coronavirus-variant

The takeways are that the B.1.1.7 (Kent) variant probably emerged from a patient with a weakened immune system, allowing the virus to 'learn'. And that the more ANY Covid type spreads, the more likely it is to find a really dangerous variant.

Good read! :y

Yes, your points sum it up well, but of course are disturbing.  That why I believe no one should be so arrogant to think the vaccines will restrict COVID completely and things could get worse before getting better, and that is why I for one will not be foolish enough to predict the future.  It is in the hands of GOD ;)

The God of love - who has sat back and allowed over a million (so far) of his creations to die a horrible death from it ?  ???

When we are born we are given no guarantee on life expectancy and how we will die along with the challenges we will face in our lives. No one lives forever in this existence, and therefore millions die every year far beyond that who have died from COVID. Most we fade away peacefully and pass onto  the new life ;)
Or become worm food....or ashes...or something like that.  ;D
Diesel till I die

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 11 February 2021, 20:45:28 »

When we are born we are given no guarantee on life expectancy and how we will die along with the challenges we will face in our lives. No one lives forever in this existence, and therefore millions die every year far beyond that who have died from COVID. Most we fade away peacefully and pass onto  the new life ;)
Indeed
BUT we don't need to stand in the road all day ,waiting for a bus to run us over either Lizzie

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 11 February 2021, 20:48:43 »

I'm still struggling with £20.00 for a haircut 😅😅😅
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11 February 2021, 20:49:22 »

I'd expect a bit more than just the tip.  :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 11 February 2021, 20:50:58 »

I'd expect a bit more than just the tip.  :-X
Yer dirty bugger, Ronny  ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 11 February 2021, 20:51:14 »

Indeed
BUT we don't need to stand in the road all day ,waiting for a bus to run us over either Lizzie

Ah, but if your number is not up that bus will never get to hit you. One common comment from old soldiers, like my father and father in law let alone others I have heard talking about it, is if the bullet or Bomb has not got your name on it you will survive. Many warriors have found that out during their war experiences when they have been just ‘the few’ out of 1,000+ that were killed in one action. ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 11 February 2021, 21:00:14 »

Indeed

Ah, but if your number is not up that bus will never get to hit you.
I make sure the bus won't hit me Lizzie ,by not standing in the road   ;)  :D

and putting people's names on bullets and bombs is no guarantee it will get delivered correctly .
the local DPD bloke has tried several times to deliver packages meant for someone else just recently   :D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.