Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SNOW!!!!  (Read 2337 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
SNOW!!!!
« on: 06 May 2021, 10:51:52 »

https://www.lochmorlich.com/webcam

It's been minus temps all week up here. Lovely!!
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: SNOW!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2021, 10:55:27 »

Lovely......if freezing your knackers off is your thing  ;D
Diesel till I die

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2021, 11:12:25 »

Erm no! Can't wait to get back to Mallorca TBH.  8) What with Covid and Brexit, god knows when that will be!  :-\
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2021, 11:51:02 »

Brexit won't have a bearing and Batflu shouldn't either, the islands need the revenue.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 May 2021, 13:12:14 »

We will see.

AfterBrexit it isnt so easy for folk without Spanish residency to come and go to second homes as they please. 90/180 days rules which are anything but easy to understand. As for CV19 my gut feeling is it will go one of two ways. Either back to some degree of normality or bouncing in and out of travel restrictions following outbreaks and new strains. Air travel at affordable prices might just become a thing of the past especially if the climate lobby get their teeth in. There is already talk of frequent flyer taxes. Hope not.

Drew, we are in the Picos de Europa. Lovely area. 18C but we can see plenty of snow higher up. Dead as a dodo as area is in level10 of 10 lockdown. Curfew and only essential shops open. 
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2021, 13:29:06 »

Brexit won't have a bearing and Batflu shouldn't either, the islands need the revenue.

Brexit shouldn't affect the 1/2 week a year bucket and spade brigade (barring passport queues), but may affect long stayers depending on your residency rights. I was hoping to do a season (December to April) in a ski resort before I retire, now I can't without a long stay visa. You can't go to any place in Schengen for more than 90 days in any rolling 180 day period. Overstay and you're potentially banned from the whole of Schengen for 2 years. There are also additional health insurance and financial requirements which, although rarely checked, could trip you up.

Batflu is a two way thing - even if the Spanish do let you in, there is no guarantee those lovely HMG people won't lock you away in a Gatwick hotel for 2 weeks on your return, adding £1750 per person to the bill. That's what is going to scare off most holiday makers. You can abort your holiday any time up until you set foot on the outbound plane, but once you're in 'foreignland' you're at the mercy of what HMG do as to whether you can get back in again.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2021, 14:13:13 »

And there is me being told it's the wrong time of year to sell winter tyres.  ;D
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2021, 15:16:37 »

Brexit shouldn't affect the 1/2 week a year bucket and spade brigade (barring passport queues), but may affect long stayers depending on your residency rights. I was hoping to do a season (December to April) in a ski resort before I retire, now I can't without a long stay visa. You can't go to any place in Schengen for more than 90 days in any rolling 180 day period. Overstay and you're potentially banned from the whole of Schengen for 2 years. There are also additional health insurance and financial requirements which, although rarely checked, could trip you up.

Batflu is a two way thing - even if the Spanish do let you in, there is no guarantee those lovely HMG people won't lock you away in a Gatwick hotel for 2 weeks on your return, adding £1750 per person to the bill. That's what is going to scare off most holiday makers. You can abort your holiday any time up until you set foot on the outbound plane, but once you're in 'foreignland' you're at the mercy of what HMG do as to whether you can get back in again.

I hear that some are returning back to the UK via Turkey to avoid the £1750 hotel stay, as it's cheaper to stay there. Still have to self isolate when they get back here though.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2021, 16:18:13 »

Frankly I think that people planning on going abroad for a holiday at the moment need their heads tested.  :-X  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2021, 18:14:32 »

Frankly I think that people planning on going abroad for a holiday at the moment need their heads tested.  :-X  ::)
May I remind you, the british population is stupid, and getting more thick by the day. Christ, they are almost starting to make the civil service not look stupid (ignoring hmrc and the fustercluck that is brexit)
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2021, 19:36:07 »

There's some winter tyres for sale in the relevant section.
Hoof'land storeman.

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2021, 10:29:27 »

The thing is, I own a house over there and this Brexit crap is going to severely curtail my visits to Mallorca as is covid restrictions. The way things are going up here Nicola Krankie will take us back to Europe so won't be problem.  ::)

Varche: there is always snow on the Tramuntana mountains in the winter. I used to be a skiier big time here in Scotland. Was a ski instructor when I was 17.  :y

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2021, 10:52:50 »

The thing is, I own a house over there and this Brexit crap is going to severely curtail my visits to Mallorca as is covid restrictions. The way things are going up here Nicola Krankie will take us back to Europe so won't be problem.  ::)

Varche: there is always snow on the Tramuntana mountains in the winter. I used to be a skiier big time here in Scotland. Was a ski instructor when I was 17.  :y

I don't support Scottish independence in any way shape or form, but if it does happen then I stand a chance of being eligible for a Jockanese Passport since my Dad was born in Montrose. Every silver lining has a cloud  ;D

And I've still got my 4 winter tyres on the Omega coz I can't be @rsed to buy 4 new summers when I strongly suspect it'll fail the MOT big time in a few months.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2021, 10:54:47 by LC0112G »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2021, 11:34:45 »

I don't support Scottish independence in any way shape or form, but if it does happen then I stand a chance of being eligible for a Jockanese Passport since my Dad was born in Montrose. Every silver lining has a cloud  ;D

And I've still got my 4 winter tyres on the Omega coz I can't be @rsed to buy 4 new summers when I strongly suspect it'll fail the MOT big time in a few months.

If Scotland does become independent, citizenship of the UK and the shiny new People's Republic of Jockestan will be a massive conundrum.  ::)

Will British people living in Scotland lose their UK citizenship & passports, and will people living in England, Wales and Northern Ireland who identify as Scottish through birth or ancestry be able to claim Scottish citizenship?  :-\

Maybe I could wear a skirt and self identify as a Scotsman?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2021, 11:50:57 »

If Scotland does become independent, citizenship of the UK and the shiny new People's Republic of Jockestan will be a massive conundrum.  ::)

Will British people living in Scotland lose their UK citizenship & passports, and will people living in England, Wales and Northern Ireland who identify as Scottish through birth or ancestry be able to claim Scottish citizenship?  :-\

Maybe I could wear a skirt and self identify as a Scotsman?  ;D
That's a very good reason for Boris to deny them a vote.  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.