Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: England football tonight.  (Read 5286 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: England football tonight.
« Reply #30 on: 03 July 2021, 21:24:15 »

4-0 now. Should be 5 but the keeper saved a superb shot from Kane.  8)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 03 July 2021, 21:27:18 »

It might be coming home ?
England 3-0 up after 50 minutes. They seem to be coming into their stride at the right time, rather than the usual - promising start and then slide downhill.  :)
4-0 now. Good, but there'll be tougher tests than this ahead.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 03 July 2021, 21:35:26 »

True, but they are looking promising.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03 July 2021, 21:40:32 »

True, but they are looking promising.  :y
Now where have I heard that before?  :-\  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 03 July 2021, 22:38:51 »

A great game well done !
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05 July 2021, 10:39:44 »

Call me a doom monger, but....

I remember the elation when we beat Holland 4-1 in Euro 96. Then a cagey 0-0 against Spain and we won on penalties. The Danes may not be full of megastars, but they are playing as a team, and I think will be much tougher opponents than Ukraine who seemed to lose all hope once they were 2-0 down. I can see this one going to penalties as well.

In the other half of the draw, Italy vs Spain looks like either being a stale mate, or a 5-4 thriller. To me Italy have looked the best side in the competition so far and at times almost as dominant as the early 70's Brazil. However, like fine wines, they haven't proved they can travel well yet. Not really been convinced by Spain.

So for me, it's 0-0 England-Denmark, England going through on penalties. And Italy beating Spain by the odd goal in a high scoring game (3-2, 4-3 that sort of thing).

Obviously I know my stuff being a Yeovil Town fan ;D :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 July 2021, 11:11:12 »

We all have our views on what may happen. I never post mine publicly for fear of ridicule at a later date  ;D
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05 July 2021, 11:23:06 »

We all have our views on what may happen. I never post mine publicly for fear of ridicule at a later date  ;D

Ahh, but sometimes you can make others a shed load of money, and they then insist on buying you pressies. Lordi 2006 springs to mind :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 July 2021, 22:03:38 »

I remember the elation when we beat Holland 4-1 in Euro 96. Then a cagey 0-0 against Spain and we won on penalties. The Danes may not be full of megastars, but they are playing as a team, and I think will be much tougher opponents than Ukraine who seemed to lose all hope once they were 2-0 down. I can see this one going to penalties as well.

In the other half of the draw, Italy vs Spain looks like either being a stale mate, or a 5-4 thriller. To me Italy have looked the best side in the competition so far and at times almost as dominant as the early 70's Brazil. However, like fine wines, they haven't proved they can travel well yet. Not really been convinced by Spain.

So for me, it's 0-0 England-Denmark, England going through on penalties. And Italy beating Spain by the odd goal in a high scoring game (3-2, 4-3 that sort of thing).

I revisited this post in order to give you the  :P :P but, reading it again, you've pretty much covered every base. Stalemate, so that could be 0-0, 1-1, 2-2 etc. You've also covered 3-2, 4-3, 5-4 etc. So it looks like no one could refuse you a pressie  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 July 2021, 08:14:34 »

Would never attempt to predict a score , but really hope England pull it out of the hat. I'm not really a football fan but have watched their games ,they have played extremely well and it would be great if they did it.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07 July 2021, 09:26:56 »

I revisited this post in order to give you the  :P :P but, reading it again, you've pretty much covered every base. Stalemate, so that could be 0-0, 1-1, 2-2 etc. You've also covered 3-2, 4-3, 5-4 etc. So it looks like no one could refuse you a pressie  ;D

You cynic  ::)

Ultimatley I think the most entertaining team went through last night. Spain didn't play anywhere close to as physically as I thought they would (I was expecting at least one sending off), and they almost matched Italy for skill. If only they had someone to put the ball in the back of the net they probably should have won 3 -1 in 90 minutes.

I'm still not convinced England can beat Denmark in 90 minutes. And if England do go through I don't think they'll beat Italy. Hope I'm wrong.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07 July 2021, 19:43:02 »

Love this!  :y

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07 July 2021, 19:58:26 »

When are the Neanderthal England supporters going to learn that it's just not on to boo a National Anthem? Makes me ashamed. Then they belt out that pathetic tune that we call an anthem.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 07 July 2021, 20:54:23 »

Its shameful and disgraceful.  >:(
Stirling missing a sitter might be the deciding factor in this tight game.  ??? :(
Lets hope not.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 07 July 2021, 22:52:01 »

Great game, looking forward to Sunday..😄
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.