Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: British F1 Grand Prix  (Read 6630 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: British F1 Grand Prix
« Reply #30 on: 18 July 2021, 21:26:24 »

I disagree, I think Hamilton was hyped up at his home circuit and was going to pass him anyway he could whether it was dangerous or not, considering it is his a track he knows the best I maintain it was his fault, he knows that corner very very well. I can’t stand the guy, but I must acknowledge he is a very good driver indeed, but he let himself down badly today in my opinion. ( which of course is correct) 😀
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 July 2021, 22:13:13 »

Yes, exactly.

Did anyone watch it on Sky? It would be interesting to know what their pundits said at the time. Is Brundle still their commentator?
They were not critical of Hamilton, they said it was a 'racing incident' and that the stewards usually accepted that these happen on the first lap when all of the cars are bunched up.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 July 2021, 23:22:29 »

I am thinking that if they had both gone off or failed to continue through damage, then it would have been “ a racing incident”.

I dont think Horner did himself any favours with his demeanour. Ditto Marko. I know that they have a “ million pound repair bill” but they could as easily have had that with Perez ‘s off. He was just lucky.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 July 2021, 23:43:46 »

Brundle said it was a racing incident. They interviewed the Aston Martin team principal who was very adamant it was a racing incident.
Istr he said something to the effect "are the drivers allowed to race or not ?"
Brundle is about the only TV commentator whose opinons I respect. The others talk varying degrees of shite imo.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 19 July 2021, 00:54:15 »

Mm but I prefer this to be more accurate seems as it’s their job......

A statement from the FIA read: “The Stewards reviewed video and telemetry evidence. Cars 33 [Verstappen] and 44 [Hamilton] entered turn 9 with Car 33 in the lead and Car 44 slightly behind and on the inside.

“Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside. When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 did not avoid contact and the left front of Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33. Car 44 is judged predominantly at fault.”
Laying a rubber road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 19 July 2021, 08:55:15 »

Have I missed something?  ???

Like a bit of excitement in F1?  :o  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 July 2021, 10:39:51 »

Mm but I prefer this to be more accurate seems as it’s their job......

A statement from the FIA read: “The Stewards reviewed video and telemetry evidence. Cars 33 [Verstappen] and 44 [Hamilton] entered turn 9 with Car 33 in the lead and Car 44 slightly behind and on the inside.

“Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside. When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 did not avoid contact and the left front of Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33. Car 44 is judged predominantly at fault.”

The statement of the stewards is the way I see it too. If Hamilton had made the apex at Copse then his case would have been much stronger that Max didn't leave enough room and turned in on him. However, Hamilton didn't make the apex, missing it by at least half a car's width. Max did appear to leave enough room (at least up to the point of impact) therefore arguing that Max turned in on him is weak at best.

It would be nice to see an overlay of Max's predicted trajectory (assuming impact had been avoided) and whether that trajectory would have left a car's width up the inside at all points around Copse. I assume the stewards have that sort of info, and if it shows Max did leave space then Hamilton is (mostly) at fault IMV. If Max wasn't leaving that space then contact was inevitable and it becomes much more 50-50.

After the impact Hamilton only just remained on track and Leclerc (who took the normal racing line) overtook him up the inside. I do wonder if impact had not happened whether Max would have stayed within track limits, or if he'd have gone wide and Hamilton got up the inside. And if Max had managed to stay within limits would Hamilton have nerfed into the side of him anyway.

Hangar straight into Stowe is not a good overtaking spot. Maggots, Becketts, Chapel are such high speed, high G corners that you can't really follow through there, and they come out onto hangar straight already doing 150 MPH. Hangar straight isn't long enough (even with DRS which isn't active on Lap1) to complete an overtake, and the cars don't brake hard for Stowe, so you can't throw it up the inside there. 

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 July 2021, 14:02:54 »

What is wrong with people?

Now we have racial abuse of Hamilton.

Britain is the only country in Europe where we actively do not celebrate our sports people.

In Spain they laud the brilliant efforts of Alonso and Sainz. During the race you wouldnt believe anyone else was in the race. Afterwards it is how well they did.

I can guarantee very few if any Dutch would have been critical of Verstappen.

Hey ho, part of the make up that makes us British.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 July 2021, 16:42:07 »

It was, as always, tedious.  The first half lap was half decent, but from then on in, complete boredom.

F1 needs to sort out the problems following cars in corners, or accept they can't call it a race.

Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 July 2021, 17:46:44 »

It was, as always, tedious.  The first half lap was half decent, but from then on in, complete boredom.

F1 needs to sort out the problems following cars in corners, or accept they can't call it a race.

I suggest they fit machine guns to the cars to liven it up a bit. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19 July 2021, 17:53:16 »

What is wrong with people?

Now we have racial abuse of Hamilton.

Britain is the only country in Europe where we actively do not celebrate our sports people.

In Spain they laud the brilliant efforts of Alonso and Sainz. During the race you wouldnt believe anyone else was in the race. Afterwards it is how well they did.

I can guarantee very few if any Dutch would have been critical of Verstappen.

Hey ho, part of the make up that makes us British.

Was it actually racial abuse or merely  people saying they don't like Hamilton?

It turned out that the 'abuse' of Rashford had no racial element......merely people suggesting he was a crap penalty taker.

The MSM decided that a bit of race baiting would spice up an otherwise dull happening.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19 July 2021, 20:39:34 »

Good God Opti, that would never happen surely?👀👀
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19 July 2021, 23:48:02 »

I disagree, I think Hamilton was hyped up at his home circuit and was going to pass him anyway he could whether it was dangerous or not, considering it is his a track he knows the best I maintain it was his fault, he knows that corner very very well. I can’t stand the guy, but I must acknowledge he is a very good driver indeed, but he let himself down badly today in my opinion. ( which of course is correct) 😀
Can't be that good if he deliberately crashed into a car that he was trying to undertake rather than braking :-X

Fair play to Max for holding his line.  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 20 July 2021, 12:13:23 »

Oh don’t worry I’m with you on that, but in all fairness he has achieved a lot, however it doesn’t change the fact that I can’t stand him.
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 20 July 2021, 12:18:26 »

Hamilton is struggling with the fact that he is no longer unchallenged for the top spot. It had to happen at some time, but I don't think he's ready to accept it.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.