Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Foreign holidays  (Read 4005 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign holidays
« Reply #45 on: 22 July 2021, 20:08:55 »

The only thing that's affected me is a regular appointment I have for one of my eyes, should have treatment every 12 weeks, now 6 weeks overdue but understandably so .The only car parts I've needed were an oil filter for the Subaru which was straight of the shelf so Covid hasn't been much trouble here.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 22 July 2021, 20:41:43 »

It does seem to be a convenient excuse for screwing consumers... Tescos, for example, have stopped cashback at regular checkouts, you have to go to customer service, an oxymoron if ever there was ::)

just how much cash do you think goes into each till to enable them sell it to other customers? Who pays any charge over a few quid with cash? Those of us who do insist on carrying cash are old fashioned. Or just old.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 22 July 2021, 21:13:26 »

It's a recent change and an inconvenient one as the cashpoint is often out of order... Obviously 'this isn't Tesco's fault' but it does the necessitate a journey to somewhere else if cash is required due to the purchase stipulations on cashback.

Pre TCV no one had an issue keeping adequate cash in the tills at any one time :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 22 July 2021, 21:23:48 »

It does seem to be a convenient excuse for screwing consumers... Tescos, for example, have stopped cashback at regular checkouts, you have to go to customer service, an oxymoron if ever there was ::)

just how much cash do you think goes into each till to enable them sell it to other customers? Who pays any charge over a few quid with cash? Those of us who do insist on carrying cash are old fashioned. Or just old.

We've had £300 in cash in our safe since March 2020 & it's still untouched we pay for everything on our cards I've had £40 in my wallet for " emergencies" for months , it's definitely a thing of the past.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 22 July 2021, 21:30:27 »

I think more people pay by card now,especially as they were encouraged to do so to break a possible route of transmission of the virus.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 22 July 2021, 23:12:25 »

Or Spanish ! Cash is still king though you aren’t supposed to pay cash for anything over 1000 euros. Never been cashback at Spanish supermarkets.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22 July 2021, 23:16:36 »

just paid for 2 weeks in Madeira , fly out on the 9th august.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22 July 2021, 23:20:05 »

just paid for 2 weeks in Madeira , fly out on the 9th august.
Enjoy :y
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.