Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Pump action shotgun  (Read 3959 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Pump action shotgun
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2021, 12:57:17 »

Hand guns are ideal personal defense weapons (slightly oxymoronic), although nothing says 'GTF out of my house' more efficiently than the crunch of a pump action shotgun.
Onanists always think outside the box.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2021, 12:58:34 »

Pump /Semi auto shotguns limited to three shots max in the uk, Can't think of anything worse than close range being hit with one ,I've done a lot of rough shooting and have seen the damage they inflict :'(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 August 2021, 13:11:07 »

Just found this.

Prohibited Firearms in the UK

Fully automatic or burst-fire – this may include some airguns
    Semi-automatic or pump-action rifles which fire centre-fire ammunition
    Cartridge ammunition handguns, regardless of calibre
    Firearms disguised as another item (such as a mobile phone or a walking stick)
    Rockets and mortars

Would imgine the "Pump Action " includes shotguns.

Must admit have never seen a mobile phone weapen, seen a walking stick .410 single shot.
Re read it and report back... A rifle and a shot gun are ery different, both in what they do and how they are used. Shotguns are relatively short distance whereas rifles have a much greater effective range... Better for stalking/hunting and offensive and defensive distance work. The pump action part is merely how the round is chambererd.

As for disguised firearms, these are primarily for nefarious acts such as being inconspicuous in a public place or to be smuggled in to places they have no place such as aircraft... Think assassination or hijacking.  ;)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 August 2021, 14:02:22 »

My neighbours know I have firearms & have done for years as do most of my farmer friends ,who I have helped out on occasions all my weapons are stored in a very secure gun cabinet which would probably take a JCB to remove. They are inspected regularly for security and even my GP has been contacted a few times regarding my suitability just in case of mental health issues how this individual slipped through the net means someone has not carried out the checks required, but sadly it is too late for the families involved in this tragedy.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 August 2021, 14:48:05 »

Remember, for the most part, shot guns are less lethal than most other firearms.  Clearly still quite effective at close range.  As are blades, axes, sledgehammers and so on.

The original question was "Why would anyone need a pump action shotgun".  Why would anyone need a set of golf clubs, sports cars, push bikes, whatever.  Its people's hobbies, and in the case of shotguns, vermin control and hunting.

The guy had a valid licence for it, thus it was legally owned.  Whether or not he should have is a completely different question, though the mainstream media, without any of the facts, have already been judge and jury on that, so any enquiry is oppsed before it starts.
Grumpy old man

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15 August 2021, 19:39:08 »

My neighbours know I have firearms & have done for years as do most of my farmer friends ,who I have helped out on occasions all my weapons are stored in a very secure gun cabinet which would probably take a JCB to remove. They are inspected regularly for security and even my GP has been contacted a few times regarding my suitability just in case of mental health issues , how I've slipped through the net for so long means someone has not carried out the checks required, but sadly it is too late for the families involved in this tragedy.
Fixed that for you  :y

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15 August 2021, 20:10:11 »

My neighbours know I have firearms & have done for years as do most of my farmer friends ,who I have helped out on occasions all my weapons are stored in a very secure gun cabinet which would probably take a JCB to remove. They are inspected regularly for security and even my GP has been contacted a few times regarding my suitability just in case of mental health issues , how I've slipped through the net for so long means someone has not carried out the checks required, but sadly it is too late for the families involved in this tragedy.
Fixed that for you  :y

Didn't think it would take that long..😂😂😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 August 2021, 07:32:17 »

Not having used a Shotgun for many years, but I do remember when the law changed regarding pump action shotguns, and only allowing 3 cartridges in, all they did was bolted a piece of machine stell into the chamber,to only allow 3 to be loaded,  I will let you work out how, you could return to putting 6/7 cartridges back in.

Also a pump action serves no purpose, if you can't hit a Wabbit with two then give up.
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 August 2021, 10:17:59 »

Not having used a Shotgun for many years, but I do remember when the law changed regarding pump action shotguns, and only allowing 3 cartridges in, all they did was bolted a piece of machine stell into the chamber, to only allow 3 to be loaded,  I will let you work out how, you could return to putting 6/7 cartridges back in.

Also a pump action serves no purpose, if you can't hit a Wabbit with two then give up.

Does anyone ever shoot just one wabbit? They're hardly solitary creatures...

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 August 2021, 10:24:42 »

They are cwazy too, so my mate Elmer tells me ::)
Laying a rubber road.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 August 2021, 11:47:54 »

Not having used a Shotgun for many years, but I do remember when the law changed regarding pump action shotguns, and only allowing 3 cartridges in, all they did was bolted a piece of machine stell into the chamber, to only allow 3 to be loaded,  I will let you work out how, you could return to putting 6/7 cartridges back in.

Does anyone ever shoot just one wabbit? They're hardly solitary creatures...
A shot gun give you a fair chance of getting a handful at once.

A pump action shotgun makes the process a bit more efficient.

Rabbits are essentially free food. We should eat more.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 August 2021, 13:28:58 »

Bumped into a friend of mine in town this morning who I haven't seen for some time , he has 42 deactivated antique guns + several up to date firearms , has had the Police round  insisting that the room he stores them in needs further security ie bars on the window + a steel door because of the risk of the deactivated firearms being stolen and made fit for purpose , they are pretty strict in this county.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 December 2021, 09:26:33 »

Old thread I know - sorry for reviving it.

Just browsing through social media and saw a post for this.

A double barrel pistol

DX-12 Punisher

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=DX-12+Punisher&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj5yqWVp8f0AhUPiFwKHT02BmwQ_AUoA3oECAEQBQ&biw=1323&bih=616&dpr=1.94

My question is why would any one want to break thier wrists firing it & secondly would you actually hit anything you were trying to hit once the trigger is pulled. :-\
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.