Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Amplodine  (Read 1972 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Amplodine
« on: 08 July 2022, 22:18:13 »

There must be a few of you old codgers suffering from high blood pressure. Have you been to the docs and has anyone been prescribed Amplodine?
I took it for a couple of weeks and I've had to stop because of the side effects. Thought I might try and push through until I found this patient forum. People should be made aware of what these drugs actually do, instead of being left to read the patient information leaflet. FFS, one of the rare side effects is heart attack  >:(

https://www.drugs.com/comments/amlodipine/for-hypertension.html
Diesel till I die

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Amplodine
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2022, 22:28:35 »

I'm not an old Codger....honest.... but yes I'm on that one.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2022, 22:56:01 »

And are you tolerating it ok?
I've got a headache, pins and needles in my arms and numbness in my face, palpitations and a general feeling of being lethargic. Going to see the nurse next week for a blood pressure chart to complete at home, I'll ask her what the alternatives are.
« Last Edit: 08 July 2022, 22:58:42 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2022, 23:30:29 »

Can't say i've noticed any side affects apart from possibly tiredness but that's difficult to attribute to the Amiodipine as my job involves various early starts / late finishes and driving all over the Country so not the standard 9-5 and sleep patterns vary to accomodate.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2022, 00:23:31 »

It's Amlodipine.  ::)

My BP was slightly high 90/140, so they put me on 5mg a day. No side effects and if I behave before doctors appointments I can get my BP down to 80/120 ish.

However something makes me angry, grumpy and generally irritable. Newsnight, Question Time and Jeremy Vine to name but three. Don't think it's anything to do with the drugs though.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2022, 00:28:58 »

I've got a headache, pins and needles in my arms and numbness in my face, palpitations and a general feeling of being lethargic. Going to see the nurse next week for a blood pressure chart to complete at home, I'll ask her what the alternatives are.
They can give you a monitor which straps to your arm and you wear for 24 hours to see what is going on. They will tell you that you won't notice it. They're liars. It pumps up and takes a reading every 15 or 20 minutes during the day, and every hour at night. The daytime isn't too much of a problem, but the night-time stuff will wake you up every hour, so you'll get no sleep.
Once the 24 hours is up you go back to the surgery and they download the data. Lots of umming and arring, tutting and frowning, and thy then decide what to give you.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2022, 02:08:03 »

They can give you a monitor which straps to your arm and you wear for 24 hours to see what is going on. They will tell you that you won't notice it. They're liars. It pumps up and takes a reading every 15 or 20 minutes during the day, and every hour at night. The daytime isn't too much of a problem, but the night-time stuff will wake you up every hour, so you'll get no sleep.
Once the 24 hours is up you go back to the surgery and they download the data. Lots of umming and arring, tutting and frowning, and thy then decide what to give you.

Do they umm and arrr in Barnsley?  ???

Doesn't sound very Northern to me.  :-\                                                                             
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2022, 07:19:57 »

It's Amlodipine::)

My BP was slightly high 90/140, so they put me on 5mg a day. No side effects and if I behave before doctors appointments I can get my BP down to 80/120 ish.

However something makes me angry, grumpy and generally irritable. Newsnight, Question Time and Jeremy Vine to name but three. Don't think it's anything to do with the drugs though.
Of course it is, but I seem to have a mental block when trying to recall the name of it, Mike.
Diesel till I die

addy

• County Durham.  UK
    • 2.6 CD Saloon 2ltr omega
    • View Profile
Amlodipine
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2022, 09:38:37 »

I was put on that, due to very high blood pressure. I was on it for a week and felt worse than before taking it.  Now on Felodipine and Clopidogrel 75mg after breakfast. And Candersartan at night. This combination seems to be working great at the moment. Now been told that it looks like could be having TIA's. And was told the other day, I could also be having small siezures, so no driving for me until proven I am not. :(
Drives 1995 2.0ltr CD Estate.  2002 2.6 CD saloon

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2022, 10:58:29 »

I'm on it as well Steve. When they sorted my A/F the last time about three years ago, (bloody thing is back again, cardioversion is on July 21st), they tried taking me off the Amlodapine. Felt so shit that they put me back on it again. ;D. We're all different so drugs prescribed to us work for some but not others. Have they prescribed an alternative?
Sorry, hadn't read your replies. Doh.
« Last Edit: 09 July 2022, 11:00:30 by ronnyd »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 July 2022, 11:04:41 »

I am taking Amlodipine as well, have been for years, and have had no side effects to talk of ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 July 2022, 11:16:39 »

There must be a few of you old codgers suffering from high blood pressure. Have you been to the docs and has anyone been prescribed Amplodine?
I took it for a couple of weeks and I've had to stop because of the side effects. Thought I might try and push through until I found this patient forum. People should be made aware of what these drugs actually do, instead of being left to read the patient information leaflet. FFS, one of the rare side effects is heart attack  >:(

Well, if you will insist on going to see doctors, they will give you worrying news and strange tablets that make you feel odd.
This is why I dont go.
I could have all kinds of things wrong with me (on top of the obvious ones I know about) but I live in ignorant bliss.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 July 2022, 13:01:58 »

And are you tolerating it ok?

That sounds more like the early symptoms of stroke to me.....and I'm a doctor. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 July 2022, 13:05:11 »

Well, if you will insist on going to see doctors, they will give you worrying news and strange tablets that make you feel odd.
This is why I dont go.
I could have all kinds of things wrong with me (on top of the obvious ones I know about) but I live in ignorant bliss.  :)

I try and follow this philosophy as best I can. I rarely see the quack. The last time I did he shoved a large tube down my throat and into my stomach. I watched the whole episode on a large television whilst trying not to gag. :)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 July 2022, 13:36:39 »

I had no intention of going anywhere near the quacks, but got summonsed. Supposedly they get paid by the govt to do certain screening procedures, and blood pressure was one of them. I ignored the first two summonses and then got a snotty letter saying they would strike me off their lists if I didn't respond.

Next thing I know they're poking needles in me , doing ECG's, and several other things, in an attempt to find something - anything - wrong with me. Once they find something, no matter how trivial it is, you're summonsed every 6 or 12 months.

Yet if there is something wrong with you can you get an appointment to see a quack - can you hell.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.