Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Amplodine  (Read 1976 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Amplodine
« Reply #15 on: 09 July 2022, 14:20:17 »

Today is my fourth day off it (apparently it takes 11 days to clear your system of it). I haven't taken my blood pressure today, I'm going to leave it until I feel a bit more 'normal'. Been up to Leeds with wifey this morning, spot of shopping (not me, her) and sit down fish and chips (no salt, honest guvnor). I feel better. Tingling in left arm is there but less so, headache has been settled with paracetamol, only up twice in the night for a pee, which is normal.
I'll convince the nurse, at my appointment on Wednesday, that taking my blood pressure for a week, minus Amplodine, is the best way forward. I'm sure she'll agree with me.   ::)
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 July 2022, 14:22:42 »

I'll scour the internet later to find some quack saying that a glass (or two) of red wine is good for HBP and show it to the boss  ;D
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 July 2022, 14:36:06 »

I'll scour the internet later to find some quack saying that a glass (or two) of red wine is good for HBP and show it to the boss  ;D

I believe this to be true. It will also relax you while you are drinking it which will lower your heart rate and BP.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 July 2022, 22:31:48 »

Stopped the BP drugs and, instead, take CBD and Ashwagandha. Pretty chilled these days.:y

Disclaimer: This is not advice, just my own experience. I am NOT a doctor!
« Last Edit: 09 July 2022, 22:48:20 by Migalot »

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 July 2022, 22:48:54 »

Stopped the BP drugs and, instead, take CBD and Ashwagandha daily. Pretty chilled these days.:y

Disclaimer: This is not advice, just my own experience. I am NOT a doctor!

Sorry for the duplicate post!
« Last Edit: 09 July 2022, 22:51:35 by Migalot »

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 July 2022, 23:52:08 »

Yeah I've been on it for a few years, 10 Mg daily along with Ramipril 10 Mg, been getting a lot of pins and needles lately actually so will mention it at my next check
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 July 2022, 00:26:33 »

A lof of those side effects of Amplodine sound very similar to those you get when you're prescribed statins to reduce cholesterol. A few mates and work collegues have been prescribed statins, and the side effects are not pleasant - sickness, headaches, feeling knackered and especially aching joints (even more than normal ;D). The practice nurse tried to get me on them as my cholesterol was a little high at my last couple of MOT's, but I declined them with the likely side effects others had experienced. My mother had high cholesterol for years with no medication for it, and she lived to the ripe old age of 97. Statins - no thanks.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 July 2022, 06:54:17 »

A lof of those side effects of Amplodine sound very similar to those you get when you're prescribed statins to reduce cholesterol. A few mates and work collegues have been prescribed statins, and the side effects are not pleasant - sickness, headaches, feeling knackered and especially aching joints (even more than normal ;D). The practice nurse tried to get me on them as my cholesterol was a little high at my last couple of MOT's, but I declined them with the likely side effects others had experienced. My mother had high cholesterol for years with no medication for it, and she lived to the ripe old age of 97. Statins - no thanks.
And yet I've been on atorvastatin for about five years with absolutely no side effects.
Diesel till I die

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10 July 2022, 08:17:01 »

There must be a few of you old codgers suffering from high blood pressure. Have you been to the docs and has anyone been prescribed Amplodine?
I took it for a couple of weeks and I've had to stop because of the side effects. Thought I might try and push through until I found this patient forum. People should be made aware of what these drugs actually do, instead of being left to read the patient information leaflet. FFS, one of the rare side effects is heart attack  >:(

https://www.drugs.com/comments/amlodipine/for-hypertension.html

Well, if you will insist on going to see doctors, they will give you worrying news and strange tablets that make you feel odd.
This is why I dont go.
I could have all kinds of things wrong with me (on top of the obvious ones I know about) but I live in ignorant bliss.  :)

I try and follow this philosophy as best I can. I rarely see the quack. The last time I did he shoved a large  :o down my throat I watched the whole episode on a large television whilst trying not to gag. :)

Didn't know you made special videos Me Lud. Especially for the home team.
Hoof'land storeman.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10 July 2022, 12:12:32 »

Agree 100% with that jonnydog. Statins are pushed on to people by other people who don't need them. Got mine down by making lifestyle/eating changes.  :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 July 2022, 13:04:22 »

There must be a few of you old codgers suffering from high blood pressure. Have you been to the docs and has anyone been prescribed Amplodine?
I took it for a couple of weeks and I've had to stop because of the side effects. Thought I might try and push through until I found this patient forum. People should be made aware of what these drugs actually do, instead of being left to read the patient information leaflet. FFS, one of the rare side effects is heart attack  >:(

Well, if you will insist on going to see doctors, they will give you worrying news and strange tablets that make you feel odd.
This is why I dont go.
I could have all kinds of things wrong with me (on top of the obvious ones I know about) but I live in ignorant bliss.  :)

I try and follow this philosophy as best I can. I rarely see the quack. The last time I did he shoved a large  :o down my throat I watched the whole episode on a large television whilst trying not to gag. :)

He's very versatile BigGriff!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 July 2022, 13:32:45 »

This is why I dont go.

He's very versatile BigGriff!  ;D

Cheeky F*uckers. ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 July 2022, 13:35:26 »

The average age of this forum must be about 104..... :)

Ohh....lets start an old people and their ailments thread. ::) ::) ::) ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 July 2022, 14:30:48 »

You seem to be happy to contribute  :)
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 July 2022, 16:39:22 »

You seem to be happy to contribute  :)

Being 34 I like to help the elderly when I can. :) :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.