Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Covid - a nice little earner.  (Read 2328 times)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Covid - a nice little earner.
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2022, 15:23:56 »

You can chose to opt out of the Working Time Directive (48 hours a week), but it has to be in writing. You cannot be forced to opt out by your employer (although they can ask you nicely), and certain professions are governed by other rules which prevent you opting out.

https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-working-hours
https://www.gov.uk/maximum-weekly-working-hours/weekly-maximum-working-hours-and-opting-out

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2022, 15:27:00 »

We are not allowed to exceed the WTD at work even if we wanted to. I know that people have been sent back home if they have/were about to.
Same at our place, except in emergency situations, when they happily bend their own rules ;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2022, 15:57:17 »

We are not allowed to exceed the WTD at work even if we wanted to. I know that people have been sent back home if they have/were about to.
Same at our place, except in emergency situations, when they happily bend their own rules ;D
Operational requirements  ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 July 2022, 15:20:02 »

Didn't the EU bring in a law about working more than xx hours a week?

But if happy to do so, and you get what you want from it, be that finacial or something else, why not?
[/quote

We not in EU anymore so their rule dont count]

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 July 2022, 15:34:06 »

We not in EU anymore so their rule dont count]
But we did take on all the rules, and I don't think we have yet updated any for our benefit?
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 July 2022, 18:15:30 »

We took all the rules with us when we left. The plan apparently was to work through them and ditch the ones that dont suit.
Ive seen no evidence the process has begun yet.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 July 2022, 21:18:42 »

We took all the rules with us when we left. The plan apparently was to work through them and ditch the ones that dont suit.
And you believe it ever will?
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 July 2022, 22:52:11 »

We can just hope there are one or two of the 600 odd sat on their arses in Westminster, who arent complete wasters and might do a bit of work one day. :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 July 2022, 00:04:11 »

And you believe it ever will?

That remains to be seen and the jurie's out. Depends on how 'Brexity' the new PM is I guess.  :-\

The candidate's all seem to be having a 'right wing off' at the mo! ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 July 2022, 00:18:53 »

We can just hope there are one or two of the 600 odd sat on their arses in Westminster, who arent complete wasters and might do a bit of work one day. :D

They won't just repeal old regulations. They'll replace them with additional (and worse) regulations. It's what politicians do when they stop arguing amongst themselves.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13 July 2022, 14:30:10 »

They won't just repeal old regulations. They'll replace them with additional (and worse) regulations. It's what politicians do when they stop arguing amongst themselves.
Just been round the Sainsbury near me. Lady was re-arranging the shelves. When i made the comment about moving stock around, she said that this was due to a government directive regarding unhealthy foods being in certain vulnerable peoples eyelines. Blimy, the nanny state at work. Why the hell a tin of prunes has to be moved escapes me.  ;D When i did get to the correct location, they didn't have any. ::)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 July 2022, 14:37:50 »

Just been round the Sainsbury near me. Lady was re-arranging the shelves. When i made the comment about moving stock around, she said that this was due to a government directive regarding unhealthy foods being in certain vulnerable peoples eyelines. Blimy, the nanny state at work. Why the hell a tin of prunes has to be moved escapes me.  ;D When i did get to the correct location, they didn't have any. ::)

Prunes can make the elderly vulnerable to all sorts of scatological disasters. Just ask Uncle Stemo.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 July 2022, 16:08:47 »

Prunes can make the elderly vulnerable to all sorts of scatological disasters. Just ask Uncle Stemo.
I don't need prunes, thank you. I'm perfectly capable of scatological disasters without the help of any purgatives.
Diesel till I die

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 15 July 2022, 09:23:00 »

But if happy to do so, and you get what you want from it, be that finacial or something else, why not?
Working Time Directive i believe it was called. Totally impractible in loads of employment scenarios. Also, think that the UK got a stay of a few years before they had to impliment it. :-\

WTD doesn't exist in road haulage, were controlled by drivers hours regs. I can do 60hrs every week, without exceeding my driving hours.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 15 July 2022, 15:36:10 »

Working Time Directive i believe it was called. Totally impractible in loads of employment scenarios. Also, think that the UK got a stay of a few years before they had to impliment it. :-\

WTD doesn't exist in road haulage, were controlled by drivers hours regs. I can do 60hrs every week, without exceeding my driving hours.
Unless you are self employed, in which case, paperwork etc to run your business falls into you working hours.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.