Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How hard do you drive your car?  (Read 4689 times)

waspy

Re: How hard do you drive your car?
« Reply #15 on: 19 January 2010, 20:15:09 »

errr, uhm, I'd like to be able to say mine is driven like Miss Daisy....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What... When someone else is driving ::) ::) ::)
I was in a hurry home from work tonight. TC was a busy little bee all the way home ::)

Watch those rear tyres ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 January 2010, 20:18:11 »

I was in a hurry home from work tonight. TC was a busy little bee all the way home ::)

I take it Mrs TB is out tonight... As Mario Kart is on the cards too

Must confess... I can get the TC working hard in the dry at certain points on my normal route home so with the damp roads we've got at the moment it does seem to be doing a fair bit of work :-[ ::) ;D
TC did a weird one on me earlier - made its presence known during a lift-off oversteer moment (decided I had actually overcooked a roundabout, so had decided to lift). Not quite sure why it did that...
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 January 2010, 22:41:07 »

Must confess... I can get the TC working hard in the dry at certain points on my normal route home so with the damp roads we've got at the moment it does seem to be doing a fair bit of work :-[ ::) ;D
TC did a weird one on me earlier - made its presence known during a lift-off oversteer moment (decided I had actually overcooked a roundabout, so had decided to lift). Not quite sure why it did that...

Oooohh... That's curious ::) ::)

I still seem to be able to get the car sliding if I'm really "enthusiastic" with the roundabouts, even with the TC on :-X :-X
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 January 2010, 22:42:46 »

I drive mine slowly, so everybody has chance to see what a fine looking car it is. ;D ;D ;D

Well petrol is £1.08 ltr, think that's got something to do with it as well >:( >:( >:(

Mick ;)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 January 2010, 23:48:48 »

I cruise with the bose on, drive like a vicar pottering out of mini roundabouts in 3rd......with it off all i can hear is the exhaust & all hell let's loose. 60 in 2nd, a ton in 3rd (under clinical supervision of course) B1224 between the york ring road & yorkmeet site @ Rufforth last year all between 90 & 130mph twice with an oof member on board each time so no bull. I won't do it again though. At the back of my mind i was worried about getting nicked, hurting either of us or the car so that was a one off weekend.
    Without being patronizing please don't try to equal such antics in your Elite/cdx etc as they have softer suspension & higher profile rubber than an MV6. Sorry to preach to the converted but i'd hate to wrongly influence a newer/younger member into a disaster.

It was a cracking drive though!!!!!!! 8-)
Curry makes the world go round!

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 January 2010, 23:55:29 »

I cruise with the bose on, drive like a vicar pottering out of mini roundabouts in 3rd......with it off all i can hear is the exhaust & all hell let's loose. 60 in 2nd, a ton in 3rd (under clinical supervision of course) B1224 between the york ring road & yorkmeet site @ Rufforth last year all between 90 & 130mph twice with an oof member on board each time so no bull. I won't do it again though. At the back of my mind i was worried about getting nicked, hurting either of us or the car so that was a one off weekend.
    Without being patronizing please don't try to equal such antics in your Elite/cdx etc as they have softer suspension & higher profile rubber than an MV6. Sorry to preach to the converted but i'd hate to wrongly influence a newer/younger member into a disaster.

No more of the same at this years meets then guy? :y
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 January 2010, 00:02:35 »

And shown up by an MX5........... :-X

Blackie_No1

• Ballyclare N.Ireland
    • Omega Elite 2.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 January 2010, 11:48:03 »

depends who is in the car at the time!! LOL!!  With the boss and the child I plod about, when I'm on my own she gets opened up a brave bit, doing high speeds on "private roads"  ;)
2000 Omega Elite 2.5 V6

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 January 2010, 19:36:09 »

I still seem to be able to get the car sliding if I'm really "enthusiastic" with the roundabouts, even with the TC on :-X :-X
Seriously, it shouldn't have cut in - I was off the power.  It will get a tech2 up its arse and some testing over weekend to work out what the hell is going on with it
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20 January 2010, 19:37:45 »

I was glad yours suffered the same high speed understeer as mine - I had been all round mine changing bits to no avail. Just seems that is the way they are.

:y
Grumpy old man

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 20 January 2010, 20:12:50 »

I think you're right Jaimie. MV6's handle a tad better but by thier nature all Migs are big luxo barges built to munch miles in comfort which as we all know they do very well despite some of us playing rally or touring car games with them!!
    In all honesty i like them the way they are. A good RWD car with a bit of grunt should'nt be too perfect. The odd imperfection keeps you on your toes!!! 8-)
Curry makes the world go round!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 January 2010, 20:21:31 »

I think you're right Jaimie. MV6's handle a tad better but by thier nature all Migs are big luxo barges built to munch miles in comfort which as we all know they do very well despite some of us playing rally or touring car games with them!!
    In all honesty i like them the way they are. A good RWD car with a bit of grunt should'nt be too perfect. The odd imperfection keeps you on your toes!!! 8-)
It was good to see that a well maintained example showed same symptoms as mine :y  (though I have mostly fixed that issue on mine, and introduced another :o)
Grumpy old man

dave10

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 January 2010, 21:31:19 »

pedals are made to go to the floor and rev limiters fitted to all cars so why not use them after all a standard 4 cylinder motorbike engine is limited to 14000rpm so your car is only using half its capacity (im theory)

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 January 2010, 00:30:54 »

Depends on how late I am for work!  ;D :-X Also depends what colour the traffic lights are  ;)

Give it the odd blast on the ring road if the cars been stuck in the city centre traffic  for a week or more! Would be rude not too! :y

99% of the time I will wait for the car to warm up, unless I've no choice in the matter - eg pulling out on to a busy main road. :)
« Last Edit: 21 January 2010, 00:32:24 by Ian_D »
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 January 2010, 01:13:35 »

Seriously, it shouldn't have cut in - I was off the power.  It will get a tech2 up its arse and some testing over weekend to work out what the hell is going on with it

I know... Tis very strange :-? :-? Bet you can't find any reason why though ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.