Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How hard do you drive your car?  (Read 4664 times)

feeutfo

Re: How hard do you drive your car?
« Reply #30 on: 21 January 2010, 02:00:55 »

habitual speeder i'm afraid...lpg keeps the fuel bills half sensable.

With a mostly bike back ground i dont provoke the car as much and with traffic round here top speed runs are cut short all to often, although thats probably just as well to be honest.

It is amasing how quickly german car owners bite when passing them, or i should say when they finally realise thay are in the way, and how quickly they bottle out as well. I'm not intetested in all that, i just want to be on my way, but no, we have to have gestures and angry faces.

Now dont get me wrong, its not a road rage thing, i keep a safe distance and dont zoom up to their bumper  and start flashing the lights and getting aggresive. They have every right to be there, and i'm happy to wait. But they seem to want to pull away rather than move over, and of course the omega just sits behind, they cant pull away.

Its like its a class thing, "your 7 year old omega isnt allowed to overtake my brand new m5/a8/gti sort of attitude.... " and some tosser in a bently continental with a pink shirt and jumper over his sholders got arsy the other day,...wtf? i'm only speeding slightly more than they are, bloody hipocrits... just adds to the joy of owning an omega imo   ;)   ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 January 2010, 08:42:01 »

habitual speeder i'm afraid...lpg keeps the fuel bills half sensable.

With a mostly bike back ground i dont provoke the car as much and with traffic round here top speed runs are cut short all to often, although thats probably just as well to be honest.

It is amasing how quickly german car owners bite when passing them, or i should say when they finally realise thay are in the way, and how quickly they bottle out as well. I'm not intetested in all that, i just want to be on my way, but no, we have to have gestures and angry faces.

Now dont get me wrong, its not a road rage thing, i keep a safe distance and dont zoom up to their bumper  and start flashing the lights and getting aggresive. They have every right to be there, and i'm happy to wait. But they seem to want to pull away rather than move over, and of course the omega just sits behind, they cant pull away.

Its like its a class thing, "your 7 year old omega isnt allowed to overtake my brand new m5/a8/gti sort of attitude.... " and some tosser in a bently continental with a pink shirt and jumper over his sholders got arsy the other day,...wtf? i'm only speeding slightly more than they are, bloody hipocrits... just adds to the joy of owning an omega imo   ;)   ;D

That is the only trouble with LPG... You are far less concerned about fuel costs so don't mind giving the car a thrashing ::) ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 January 2010, 12:32:01 »

I drive around nice & steady, keeping up with the flow. Not excelerating hard, just nice.
I do wind her up some times, just to give the cobwebs a blow out.

It doesn't do them good to thrash them, in the same token it doesn't do them good to drive like grandad.

Better sell mine then!!! ::) :-/ ;D

Boxvictor

• Nth Lincs
  • I dont hate my car, It hates ME!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 January 2010, 17:59:32 »

Nah, drive it like you stole it!!!
my biggest problem is NOT driving it hard :D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 January 2010, 19:55:25 »

Had SWMBO reaching for the grab handle a few times on the way to London today... Especially when I his a slippery patch coming off a roundabout full chat ::) ::) ;D ;D

f13platform

• Intermediate Member
  • birmingham
  • f13..
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 21 January 2010, 23:46:30 »

i used to drive my omega like grany  ;D

Anthony_2Litre

• kent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 January 2010, 23:53:31 »

Just got mine so have given it a bit of stick the last couple of days to see what it can do, but i normaly just plod along.

sexydaz

« Reply #37 on: 22 January 2010, 22:00:43 »

picked my daughters up earlier 5yr old and 3,now ive had a v6 and currently have the 2.2 what is there about 35 bhp between them anyway my 3 yr old starts sayin go faster daddy over and over again and where drivin thro an estate so we get to a main road and(now i do like to put mi foot down but i also like to potter about)i say do yer still wanna go faster and slam mi foot down s button pressed and tbh its no slouch and tbh not a great deal less than than v6 i think in general.

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 January 2010, 23:56:01 »

picked my daughters up earlier 5yr old and 3,now ive had a v6 and currently have the 2.2 what is there about 35 bhp between them anyway my 3 yr old starts sayin go faster daddy over and over again and where drivin thro an estate so we get to a main road and(now i do like to put mi foot down but i also like to potter about)i say do yer still wanna go faster and slam mi foot down s button pressed and tbh its no slouch and tbh not a great deal less than than v6 i think in general.
Oh dear,what are you learning your two daughters hercules. :D ;D :y
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

M4DMATT

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 January 2010, 22:28:36 »

LOL, some great replies  ;D
Have been fairly sedate but im getting hooked on that little 's' button  :y
I do agree though, BMW drivers seem to hate you as you sit behind them not letting go on the motorway  ;D

Quick one, is TC on all the time or only when you press the tC button?
V6 at about 4000rpm..........Probably the best noise in the world!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23 January 2010, 22:32:18 »

I do agree though, BMW drivers seem to hate you as you sit behind them not letting go on the motorway  ;D

TC Defaults on... The clue is that the light on the dash is Orange (so a warning) if you press the button ;)

M4DMATT

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23 January 2010, 22:38:06 »

TC Defaults on... The clue is that the light on the dash is Orange (so a warning) if you press the button ;)
Thanks, I should have known that really  ;D ;D ;D ;D Just thought i would check as with or without it on it sticks like S**t to a blanket  :y
V6 at about 4000rpm..........Probably the best noise in the world!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23 January 2010, 22:48:43 »

Thanks, I should have known that really  ;D ;D ;D ;D Just thought i would check as with or without it on it sticks like S**t to a blanket  :y

You're obviously not trying hard enough then ;) ;) ;D ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #43 on: 24 January 2010, 00:26:37 »

You're obviously not trying hard enough then ;) ;) ;D ;D
either got thick carpets or decent tyres....

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 January 2010, 14:02:28 »

i just plod along at 50-60mph as i know when i press the loud pedal and the play button on the gearstick the look on the cock in the audi/beemer when a vx estate is going to pass them is priceless. ;D
« Last Edit: 24 January 2010, 14:03:09 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.