Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Best car for £1000?  (Read 2245 times)

goonv6

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
Best car for £1000?
« on: 23 January 2010, 22:02:20 »

I don't reckon you can get any other car with the spec, quality and sheer brilliance of the Omega for this money. Prove me wrong! :)

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
Re: Best car for £1000?
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2010, 22:07:12 »

I don't reckon you can get any other car with the spec, quality and sheer brilliance of the Omega for this money. Prove me wrong! :)
I can't!!!! :D
Curry makes the world go round!

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2010, 22:09:05 »

Totally agree, for the money they are fantastic

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

KillerWatt

« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2010, 22:10:27 »

Why spend £1000?

I paid £500 for our 2.5CDX Estate on a V (2000) plate, spent another £350 correcting the faults, then swapped it for an Isuzu Bighorn (Citation) 3.1TD while taking £250 cash on top.
The Isuzu (if you can find one) is still £1500 + all day long, and that's just a 95 model.

Next on the list was an ex-plod 3 litre MV6 on an X (2000) plate, with a mere 66K on the clock.
Paid £200 for that, and spent 30 minutes on the floor sorting out a dodgy electrical connector......that went for £1000 to get the quick sale.

Stick around, read the "How To" part of the forum, and you don't need to pay anywhere near £1000 to get a nice MIG (same goes for any car or bike really though).

feeutfo

« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2010, 13:22:15 »

cant, and is why where all here.... ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 January 2010, 13:40:52 »

was robbed paid £1500 for mine.
  but then only had 50k and full history(ex-met)
Hoof'land storeman.

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 January 2010, 13:46:27 »

i paid 1350 for mine and i still thinks it worth every penny :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 January 2010, 22:04:41 »

Dare I say a V6 Rover 800 Series....... :-[ :-X

Martin_1962

« Reply #8 on: 24 January 2010, 22:12:00 »

Dare I say a V6 Rover 800 Series....... :-[ :-X

You only have 156 - be careful

goonv6

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 January 2010, 23:01:50 »

Without wishing to disrespect your view, I don't think they are in the same class (Though I do concede the Honda V6 is a cracking engine) its a shame that Rover's quality was so hit and miss. I remember driving an 800 series Coupe (Rare beast now) slamming the door and the metallic clang it gave)

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2010, 23:19:03 »

Without wishing to disrespect your view, I don't think they are in the same class (Though I do concede the Honda V6 is a cracking engine) its a shame that Rover's quality was so hit and miss. I remember driving an 800 series Coupe (Rare beast now) slamming the door and the metallic clang it gave)

Exactly.. ::) I was only answering the question and putting another potential car in the frame, one that perhaps won't cost a fortune keeping it on the road....in my experience of having a number of both

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2010, 23:33:55 »

Well mine owes me about 3k, for a 102k miler 2.2 4 pot CD..

That's the purchase price and all the repairs......I have had some great cars over the years that had made me money, this one has crippled me-but I like my car to be as new throughout and capable of driving to the other side of Europe immediately at the drop of a hat.

If I knew what I have learnt since having it, before buying it, I would have spent more and bought a more expensive Omega without the faults.

Now with 3k, I would buy a 3.2 xplod (estate would be useful) off joshwyatt and make up to my own spec if this was poss; Elite cloth, no sunroof, soft set-up: sensible rims/tyres and non-MV6  suspension, LPG with donut, non-xenons, stainless exhaust, prewire for my tomtom and handsfree, Bose, software upgrades, freeflow filter etc

This would have got me a more powerful, longer lasting, newer, cheaper to run car for the same money.

But at least I have done my 2.2 justice  ;D

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2010, 23:17:12 »

£350 for my state three months ago with tax and test until May.It needs more than that to get it right but it is a slow process that will be worth it in the end.Honest ;)
Don't wee on the electric fence

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2010, 23:48:55 »

That's the purchase price and all the repairs......I have had some great cars over the years that had made me money, this one has crippled me-but I like my car to be as new throughout and capable of driving to the other side of Europe immediately at the drop of a hat.

If I knew what I have learnt since having it, before buying it, I would have spent more and bought a more expensive Omega without the faults.

Now with 3k, I would buy a 3.2 xplod (estate would be useful) off joshwyatt and make up to my own spec if this was poss; Elite cloth, no sunroof, soft set-up: sensible rims/tyres and non-MV6  suspension, LPG with donut, non-xenons, stainless exhaust, prewire for my tomtom and handsfree, Bose, software upgrades, freeflow filter etc

This would have got me a more powerful, longer lasting, newer, cheaper to run car for the same money.

Sounds like me, second Omega is a lovely car, but paid ott for it and have spend a lot on it, it is now a very nice car but stands me at much much more than I would get for it, hence why we still have it as an 'extra' car, though currently in daily use by swmbo.... ::)

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 January 2010, 09:26:51 »

Sounds like me, second Omega is a lovely car, but paid ott for it and have spend a lot on it, it is now a very nice car but stands me at much much more than I would get for it, hence why we still have it as an 'extra' car, though currently in daily use by swmbo.... ::)

Morning!

Having a battle with mine-paid too much, spent too much, worked on it too much; it is our only car and is used a lot.
As per the "leasing efficient car.." thread, my wife now thinks we ought to sell it and downsize to something smaller (Newly launched Citroen C3 £140pcm inc vat on lease-would be saved in fuel cost), but I have put so much time and effort into it and had so much kind help and support (thanks welung666, webby23 and all others!) that I can't do it.  I have said we will see how the next few months go before making a decision-hopefully nothing else will go wrong in that time and it will justify itself in that time.

Problem is that I can't argue with her logic-we do 15k++ miles pa and at 28mpg the fuel saving on something like a C3 would cover the lease cost.  We would then have to......flytopoland.... :'(

I hope that after all the work it will be ok for a while and we can keep it-we would lose so much if we sold it.

*Apologies to those tiring of this subject*
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.