Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tints last week and went to Long-life today  (Read 8234 times)

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
Re: Tints last week and went to Long-life today
« Reply #15 on: 29 June 2008, 22:12:40 »

Cheers Jim. How you doing?
Not to bad, I've just driven down from Glasgow via Newbury to London
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 June 2008, 22:16:50 »

£389 is very reasonable. Cheaper than retail prices on GM kit.

And because it custom made onto your car it includes fitting too :y

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 June 2008, 22:19:11 »

You don't half rack up the miles; you just drove up North via Keswick on Friday. Was that in that Audi with the cool blue flashing lights? I so want a  set of those to freak people out, but I [size=18]KNOW[/size][/u][/i][/b] I'd end up in serious trouble. ::)

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 June 2008, 00:51:40 »

Wow looking very very nice  Good job. :y :y. Hope you are well.
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

feeutfo

« Reply #19 on: 30 June 2008, 03:15:42 »

a pearl, that. Very very nice. Bound to get best in show. Thinking of tingtings on myn. Have you had any work done on the paint to keep it that mint?

m1ct

• Intermediate Member
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 June 2008, 11:01:51 »

Gosh, those snowflake alloys look good on her! Lovely example!

richardirv

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds, West Yorkshire
    • Omega 2.6 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 June 2008, 11:19:04 »

Very Nice that bud, those wheels look fantastic. Defo gonna be on the lookout for some for mine at some point!!

I have been stopped once for my tints but it was mainly for my numberplate, as it was one the previous owner had on and had dodgey font on it. He tried to have a go about the tints but when he got up close he said they looked ok but didn't have the light tester on him so let me off!! phew!! but I do reckon it depends on what sort of mood the copper is in!!  ;)

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 June 2008, 22:12:52 »

Strictly speaking; as dark as you like behind the middle door jambs, complete "limo" black-out if you like. In front 0% beyond what is on your car when it comes out of the factory. I think there is an official figure of about 25%, I'm sure someone will come along with the correct information, but it depends on how silly you are and the mood of the plod as to whether they're going to bother with you.

I think if you were diving like an arse and then gave them lip when they stopped you they would make a point of it, but generally if you're driving within the law and they are not blacked out they seem to turn a blind eye.

I have driven past many police cars now and they have not said anything at all. There are many cars in Bedford with tints at least as dark. I think the location of the police force is a factor too to be honest.

The picture makes the tints look darker than they are; you can actually see into the car fine if you look carefully, it just seems to blur the features of the people inside rather than totally obscure. The best bit for me is how much cooler the interior stays when the car has been sitting in the sun all day.

When you're inside the car you can't really tell they're tinted.

Wait until winter time when it is dark and raining, you will then notice that your vision is impared due to the reflective properties that the film has, you will be looking at through the window and be distracted by the reflection of the interior lights/dash lights.

Vaux tint the windows to by 30% this is the legal max, if you have gone 25% tint then that means your glass currently is tinted by 55% thus meaning it is now only 45% clear as opposed to the legal 30%, if you were to be stopped you would be made to remove it there and then i believe, H21 would be able to confirm that.

the way the law is being tightened up i personally wouldn't bother, many more police forces are carrying equipment that can measure the amount of light coming through and they are now not only targeting the 'boy racer' element, you would be surprised the amout of luxury car owners and members of the 4x4 brigade who are being picked on

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 July 2008, 19:38:18 »

Strictly speaking; as dark as you like behind the middle door jambs, complete "limo" black-out if you like. In front 0% beyond what is on your car when it comes out of the factory. I think there is an official figure of about 25%, I'm sure someone will come along with the correct information, but it depends on how silly you are and the mood of the plod as to whether they're going to bother with you.

I think if you were diving like an arse and then gave them lip when they stopped you they would make a point of it, but generally if you're driving within the law and they are not blacked out they seem to turn a blind eye.

I have driven past many police cars now and they have not said anything at all. There are many cars in Bedford with tints at least as dark. I think the location of the police force is a factor too to be honest.

The picture makes the tints look darker than they are; you can actually see into the car fine if you look carefully, it just seems to blur the features of the people inside rather than totally obscure. The best bit for me is how much cooler the interior stays when the car has been sitting in the sun all day.

When you're inside the car you can't really tell they're tinted.

Wait until winter time when it is dark and raining, you will then notice that your vision is impared due to the reflective properties that the film has, you will be looking at through the window and be distracted by the reflection of the interior lights/dash lights.

Vaux tint the windows to by 30% this is the legal max, if you have gone 25% tint then that means your glass currently is tinted by 55% thus meaning it is now only 45% clear as opposed to the legal 30%, if you were to be stopped you would be made to remove it there and then i believe, H21 would be able to confirm that.

the way the law is being tightened up i personally wouldn't bother, many more police forces are carrying equipment that can measure the amount of light coming through and they are now not only targeting the 'boy racer' element, you would be surprised the amout of luxury car owners and members of the 4x4 brigade who are being picked on

Cheerful thought. Mind you I don't find them distracting when driving at night, even inthe rain at night, so I can't see how it being colder (winter) will make it any worse personally.

HolyCount

« Reply #24 on: 04 July 2008, 19:01:06 »

You do adjust to them -- when I first got in the QX with tints all round I couldn't see a thing -- but soon got used to them -- then a friendly plod motorcyclist pulled me over and I got me a prohibition, so the fronts came off there and then --- another test and it passed ( surprise !!!) -- might be the shortest prohibition notice ever !!

omegaman2

• Omega Knight
  • Kilsyth, Glasgow G65
  • cruise , tints, shinbuster,advanced drinking test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 July 2008, 14:34:55 »

mean machine :y
dieseldonicely

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #26 on: 07 July 2008, 18:44:39 »

You don't half rack up the miles; you just drove up North via Keswick on Friday. Was that in that Audi with the cool blue flashing lights? I so want a  set of those to freak people out, but I [size=18]KNOW[/size][/u][/i][/b] I'd end up in serious trouble. ::)

Aye, I've had that car since Sept 07 and raked up 55,000 miles in it, glad I don't pay for the fuel :o

Changing it soon for an Audi Q7, with blues & two of course ;)
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
Re: Went to Long-life today
« Reply #27 on: 05 October 2008, 23:37:39 »

Did you get the Lambda's moved? Be interested to see if the codes come back or (hopefully) not.  :y

0440 and 0430 codes cured. :y

I did this on both sides when I had the stainless exhaust system added:

Pete Elite

• Omega Knight
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 October 2008, 00:48:22 »

It's a credit to you Albatross, got to be one of the best i've seen :y.

Omegadoha, Desert Member

• Omega Knight
  • Doha, Qatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06 October 2008, 05:06:57 »

very smart :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.