Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Front Suspension Components  (Read 1203 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Front Suspension Components
« on: 30 December 2015, 19:44:59 »

Lots of post about wishbones/links and bushes but nothing definitive regardring front suspension.

What is the best option for shocks and springs and any idea of likely costs.Assume is wise also replacing the top bush and bump stops whilst apart ,again source and cost would be helpfull

Is there a supplier of the entire set up of all parts required ?

Think this is a job for March time and want to get all parts required to hand in advance so any advise appreciated

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Front Suspension Components
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2015, 20:10:32 »

I've got Sachs from AllGerman on mine, which were about £60 each. You can get the bearing and top mount from the same place for about £25 a side.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2015, 20:45:35 »

All depends how you want the car to drive and handle.

I have one car that runs with MV6 springs, B4 shock absorbers, Meyle HD droplinks and Lemforder wishbones with Powerflex front poly bushes, the other car runs the same combination as above but with Eibach springs and poly rear subframe bushes.

As you say, it's worth replacing the top mounts and either re-greasing the bearing set or replacing with new.

Balance Motorsport, Demon Tweaks, All German Parts. Larkspeed and Pedders are suppliers I've used before for the various parts and am happy to recommend.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2015, 21:02:00 »

Lots of post about wishbones/links and bushes but nothing definitive regardring front suspension.

What is the best option for shocks and springs and any idea of likely costs.Assume is wise also replacing the top bush and bump stops whilst apart ,again source and cost would be helpfull

Is there a supplier of the entire set up of all parts required ?

Think this is a job for March time and want to get all parts required to hand in advance so any advise appreciated
ATP will supply everything to suit your budget...

Alternatives include Monkfish for top mounts (require bearings), Balance Motorsport for shocks, B4s are similar in price to all German, £57 ea, genuine Vx aren't much more either...
Springs, plenty of choice, again shop around for price...

Incidentally, ATP is cheaper through their website than through their Ebay shop ;)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 December 2015, 21:09:57 »

I drive around 100 miles a day, 6 days a week so tend to ere towards a comfortable ride and whilst I drive fast I tend not to drive like I stole it .

Recently I have felt the front end starting to feel soft and have also noticed a slight oil mist on both front shocks.I suspect the shocks /springs to be originals so 12 years old and 80k so probably due a change.My thought was Sachs shocks with new springs /mounts etc.As car is totally used for business the cost is not the main factor,as tax deductable, but see no sense in going crazy as I am not after anything other than a comfortable safe drive.

Springs seem to be a mine field on their selection ,but will take your advise Nick and have a good look at All German to see what they are offering   

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 December 2015, 22:22:26 »

Just found this complete kit ..361443693137..from our favourite auction site ...but from Germany.

Any comments ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.