Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: think i need to invest in better screenwash....  (Read 3269 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: think i need to invest in better screenwash....
« Reply #30 on: 22 December 2009, 10:26:31 »

But HIDs seem to degrade so horribly with even small amounts of crap on them,  ........

So they say :-/, but I can't say I've ever really noticed  ;)
If you can get away with it, :y

I find the dark lanes around the back of Silverstone a bit dark with my inadequate candles!

As i've said countless times too, driving the Elite, i wash the screen but to only increase headlight output, if i had an Elite/MV6 as my main drive i would be using them the all the time.

It also changes a lot on the road surfaces, driving along light is good, then on a different type of surface it just goes crap  ::)  :-/

cruisetopoland

• Omega Knight
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 December 2009, 10:44:39 »

Yes, when you consider all the K-Joules of heat getting chucked away from the exhaust and cooling system, its a shame they can't use it a bit more efficiently. The LPG feed has to be kept away from the exhaust by 6", but when they get it to the front of the car, first thing they do is to heat it up. :P

Ken

Agreed-why do they locate the tank in front of the engine?  Most of my other cars had it in the warm area behind the engine and it was never a problem-some even had the pipe running in warm places and the jets on the bonnet top with holes in the insulation so the heat from the engine rose and defrosted it.

See my thread about this today!:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1261476991/0#0
« Last Edit: 22 December 2009, 10:45:24 by geoffharvey »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22 December 2009, 18:44:55 »

Screwfix have got Carplan dilutable screenwash  at 1.99 at the moment for 2.5 litres(reckon it makes upto 25 litres)
Thats too expensive, and Carplan screenwash isn't that great. Much like their carb cleaner, which is less powerful than tescos value washing up liquid
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.