Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: speedo wierd  (Read 603 times)

gino1340

• swindon uk
    • View Profile
speedo wierd
« on: 22 April 2007, 07:54:32 »

:Phi guys my 97 2.5i sometimes ya drive it and the speedo registers correct for approx 5 to 10 miles then it goes pe-tong goes round and off the clock when ya slow down and stop it goes back to zero ya excellerate again and as soon as ya rolling it goes crazy if ya stop and dont drive it for hour or so it reads ok again for 5 to10 miles then goes daft sometimes if you tap the dash above the clock it goes back to correct for a second tried fuses as its electronic but is this a common thing and how do i rectify it please thanx in advance doing my swede in not knowing right speed also when the speedo goes off the clock the tripometer stops to as soon as ya decelerate and the needle moves back it registers the miles again  :'(
my other motors an OMEGA

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: speedo wierd
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2007, 08:23:13 »

First thing to check needs to be the instrument panel contacts....pop the instrument panel out (easy job), clean the contacts and ensure its correctly re-fitted...

Heres the instrument panel guide:

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152618876

gino1340

• swindon uk
    • View Profile
Re: speedo wierd
« Reply #2 on: 22 April 2007, 13:07:14 »

;D hi thanx for the advice took clocks out cleaned all connecters  put back together and still the same but by chance i pushed lightly on the topof the clock face and the speedo worked as soon as i let the slight pressure off haywire again so i think the connection at the top of the plug that the clock slot into has to be brought forward to insure that it is a good connection am i correct in this please thanx agaim for ya advice very much appreciated
my other motors an OMEGA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.