Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OOOPs!!!  (Read 2722 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
OOOPs!!!
« on: 01 January 2020, 08:29:42 »

Someones new year seems to have gone downhill pretty fast.Where the main road curves past the end of our street there's police tape all over the place.Apparently a car[no longer present on scene]has mounted a 3" kerb crossed 6 to 7ft of pavement taken out a section of 2ft high stone wall-missing a lamppost by a couple of inches-and then travelled about 50ft across the back garden of the end bungalow before fetching up against a brick built shed in the back garden :-X :-X

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: OOOPs!!!
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2020, 15:12:19 »

Sadly ,I expect there are similar scenes around the UK over the festive period .
a few nights back ,there was a landrover sport on it's roof by my Brother's house ,takes some doing as his road is a 30 mph limit
I've had a few taxis over Christmas , not expensive at all and prompt to arrive in these parts  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2020, 19:16:47 »

I've had a few taxis over Christmas , not expensive at all and prompt to arrive in these parts  :)
Round here, the taxis have to frequently stop for hay and carrots to feed the engines....
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 January 2020, 19:34:11 »

Round here, the taxis have to frequently stop for hay and carrots to feed the engines....
so the taxis by you don't speak English either  :-X  ;D

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2020, 19:38:40 »

The main road has a 30mph limit but the approach to the bend is a straight about half a mile in length.The bend takes the road through about a 90 degree turn but is a sweeping bend rather the a corner and can be taken a good bit over the limit*.Apparently according to a neighbour the car was a stolen vehicle but whether the police were chasing it at the time or they turned up after the crash had been reported to them I don't know.

*Allegedly :-X

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 January 2020, 19:39:03 »

Find me a taxi(minicab) that does speak English,, Seems to my reckoning, they get issued a taxi license at immigration, as they all seem to come from the same part of the colonies, that were separated by partition. :'(
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2020, 07:43:52 »

The road down the side of our house is used as a make-shift Taxi-parking-when-we-can't-be-arsed-to-take-fares area.. judging by the beer bottles they leave just outside their car doors, I'm not sure the taxi drivers are any farther under the limit on any given night than the punters they're carrying.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2020, 12:28:12 »

They do. And strange dialect of Ye Olde English.  Ignoring the illegals at the now defunct Tiffins, people from the colonies haven't been invented in Brakkers yet.

But to prove we are up to date and modern, one of the horse and cart taxi drivers is a woman.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 January 2020, 12:57:46 »

The 2 private hire (so not technically "taxis"  :-\ ) we use are very up to date
the base operator's are polite,easy to understand ,English speaking people
once you order one, they send you a link to your phone that tracks your "taxi" location ,so you know it's on the way and even what car and reg it is  ,and can time stepping out the warmth of the office (OK, pub  ::)) to perfection  ;D
it's only when it arrives that there is a total breakdown in communication  ;D
that said, fair play to the drivers , they do a job that no locals want to
I just sit in the back and listen to the suspension rattling itself apart  ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 January 2020, 15:59:27 »

Drove into work yesterday 27 mile journey never seen so much roadkill on the route everything from cats to deers plus three keep left islands completely demolished.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

alfie

• Gwent
    • Mondeo Ghia estate tdci
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 January 2020, 06:37:23 »

Monmouth to Glos, last Saturday counted 6 fox , 4 badger, 1 grouse,and too many rabbits to count,
one badger was right outside a pair of double gates on the driveway!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 January 2020, 08:12:45 »

From what I'm told the car was a driving school car that had been stolen along with another car from the same address during a burglary.The second car has not been found.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 January 2020, 12:55:25 »

In a village near here there's a house on a bend in the main road with a huge but very well maintained leylandii hedge that runs along the side of the road.

I saw yesterday that it now has a big hole in it where a car has clearly come off the road and gone through it into the garden.  ::)

I bet the owner is gutted.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 03 January 2020, 13:09:46 »

In a village near here there's a house on a bend in the main road with a huge but very well maintained leylandii hedge that runs along the side of the road.

I saw yesterday that it now has a big hole in it where a car has clearly come off the road and gone through it into the garden.  ::)

I'll bet the driver wasn't best pleased.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 January 2020, 13:31:35 »

I'll bet the driver wasn't best pleased.

To come off the road on that bend, go over the kerb, over a 3-4m grass verge and through the hedge, the driver must have been going some in the 30 mph limit....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.