Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Frightened the frecking life out of me!  (Read 3642 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Frightened the frecking life out of me!
« Reply #30 on: 09 February 2012, 22:29:31 »

::) ;D

probably the fox have babies :'(   (says the towny ;D )

Vermin breeds.

having had 2 pet rabbits killed, one just left so not for food, I would rather they inhabit someones else's back garden. Like those of the idiots that stopped hunting.

How can some clown living in a town know the hell farmers go through, to come out and find your entire flock of hens dead, only one taken for food, they are nasty vicious killers.

Ken

every animal have the instinct to kill.. but they kill to eat and survive.. unlike humans..

and besides it doesnt know to count :-\
« Last Edit: 09 February 2012, 22:33:29 by cem »

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 February 2012, 22:30:07 »

We have one in the grounds at work.It has a choice of thousands of rabbits,hares,pheasant,and even badgers if its so inclined.Bloody thing eats better than I do. ;D
We have guys who come and shoot rabbits to try to control the numbers.Sometimes they leave the rabbits in a pile and the fox ambles out in full view and takes them away to his larder at a liesurely pace. They dont shoot the fox as it actually helps in controlling the number of rabbits.

If you just left them, the population would stabilise at a level the surrounds can support. Its a Darwin thing, if there's only food for 100 rabbits that's all you will get, the rest will die off or get eaten. Nature stabilises things. That's why sea turtles lay so many eggs, so many young die in the process of growing up, they need that many for the race to survive. This discussion could be extended to humanity, but I ain't going there.

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 February 2012, 22:32:27 »

Vermin breeds.

having had 2 pet rabbits killed, one just left so not for food, I would rather they inhabit someones else's back garden. Like those of the idiots that stopped hunting.

How can some clown living in a town know the hell farmers go through, to come out and find your entire flock of hens dead, only one taken for food, they are nasty vicious killers.

Ken

every animal have the instinct to kill.. but they kill to eat and survive.. unlike humans..

Its when the killing lust takes over and as I said they wipe out flocks of hens for no reason except killing lust. Are they safe to be in back gardens with kids in prams ?. Hmm fresh food, fairly helpless, smells nice I wonder......

Ken

albitz

« Reply #33 on: 09 February 2012, 22:34:27 »

The flaw in your theory Ken,is that they can wander off into the surrounding thousands of acres of farmland if they get a bit short off food.. ;)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #34 on: 09 February 2012, 22:35:32 »

Vermin breeds.

Ken

Its when the killing lust takes over and as I said they wipe out flocks of hens for no reason except killing lust. Are they safe to be in back gardens with kids in prams ?. Hmm fresh food, fairly helpless, smells nice I wonder......

Ken

as I said , they dont know to count.. but they take as many as they can..  lust belongs to human imagination..

they kill because they are programmed in that way..

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 February 2012, 22:35:48 »

you can still shoot them i do  but you cant hunt them whith dogs its not illeagle to nhunt them just dont use dogs
Not sure thats entirely true...  ...they still get the hounds doing the kill out the back of my house, just its recorded as "accidental"
I have no real views on fox hunting.  But a do have a right downer of the useless, lazy, fat, gormless, idiothead, self centred, inconsiderate, thick, pointless, inbred, retarded, stupid, breakless, gay, knobjockey, backward toffs who abandon their cars on blind bends to watch the spectacle of a load of untaxed horses with a idiot halfway down its back play spiffing toff.

Don't get too many on my part of the estate, but other parts of town are overrun with the disease ridden flea bags...

That's quite a coincidence as apparently that happens up here as well...... :-X :-X :-X

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09 February 2012, 22:44:17 »

The flaw in your theory Ken,is that they can wander off into the surrounding thousands of acres of farmland if they get a bit short off food.. ;)

Thing is how far away is the farm land ?. If a mile, that's a long way for a rabbit to cover, it has to make up twice that in energy consumed, and it has to know there will be food before making the journey. Animals are creature of habit, they like to go down to the local field (corner shop) to get something to eat. Unless they know there is better feeding far away ( special offers in the Sun   :P ), they will stay put unless hunger or serious preditors happen.

Ken

albitz

« Reply #37 on: 09 February 2012, 22:48:29 »

They have their "houses" on the 7 acres of land where I work.The farmland is the other side of the surrounding hedges and shrubs. :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #38 on: 09 February 2012, 22:50:28 »

Thing is how far away is the farm land ?. If a mile, that's a long way for a rabbit to cover, it has to make up twice that in energy consumed, and it has to know there will be food before making the journey. Animals are creature of habit, they like to go down to the local field (corner shop) to get something to eat. Unless they know there is better feeding far away ( special offers in the Sun   :P ), they will stay put unless hunger or serious preditors happen.

Ken

you cant believe from how long distance they take the smell , and how long distances they can go on a night..

especially if there is wind..

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09 February 2012, 22:50:52 »

OK, so my geography is a bit off  :P . Start catching them and take em to market  :y :y Rabbit kebabs.

Ken

albitz

« Reply #40 on: 09 February 2012, 22:52:01 »

I was offered a couple to take home for the pot last week,but I declined. ;D

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09 February 2012, 23:14:24 »

They are supposed to be quite tender, all that running. When curried you would never know the difference  :y  :o

ken

albitz

« Reply #42 on: 09 February 2012, 23:17:11 »

I may give it a try one of these days,just to see for myself. :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 09 February 2012, 23:17:32 »

Rabbit is tasty, as long as it isn't hung too long... A bit like chicken :y

Not unheard of for me to pop a couple off for dinner the next day if we fancy it ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09 February 2012, 23:27:35 »

I have not had Rabbit Pie since I was a kid and my Mum used to make it, swmbo is horrified by the idea, not sure I would get it passed Miss Vamps either ::) ::)  My life is ruled by women, at home and at work...... :D :D :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.