Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Brush Compressor  (Read 434 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Air Brush Compressor
« on: 27 November 2021, 21:37:50 »

A few years ago I bought an air brush kit, intentions were good but sadly health wasnt. :-\

So now fancy a bash at doing some air brush work but not sure which compressor to buy. ???

Looking for a portable one with a reciever on , most are low CFM but seen a few arround 4CFM (is this enough  for air brushing? :-[

Also looking to use it for doing the car tyres. ::)

T.I.A.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Air Brush Compressor
« Reply #1 on: 27 November 2021, 21:51:38 »

The reason I started looking as well as the airbrushing is to tun one of these type things.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08PL3DS3P/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=A3VK2RI79KMQV1&psc=1

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2021, 22:26:25 »

4CFM is way more than you need for an airbrush. It's likely to be at a much higher pressure than the brush can cope with too so you'll need a good regulator. It's going to be a bit low for doing much more than just checking tyre pressures.

THIS is good for an air brush; it's small, light and  quiet.

The compressor that's needed for that can crusher will also be unpleasantly noisy considering the tiny amount of use the tool will get. Have you considered the manual ones that are a fifth of the price? Although they won't be quite as much fun to use. I just use my foot...

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2021, 22:47:02 »

If you require it to inflate tyres too then look out for the small single cylinder one that Lidl sell regularly .
They are circa €95 over here so £80 ish for you in UK. I've had it nearly 9 years now and it's been a great wee compressor even though I have 3hp workshop one too.
I use it for most tasks Inc airbrush work via an in line regulator dryer and even resprayed a friend's rally car with it.......
Yes it's noisy but " you pays your money and ........you buy a long hose " :)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 November 2021, 12:03:54 »

That is intended for heavy duty air brush users, where the small tank is useful. A look at the rest of its data(1/6HP, 3L tank, 4bar pressure) show that it is going to be of very limited use for jobs like inflating car tyres. The 1/8BSP connections are another good indicator - even a small workshop compressor will use 1/4BSP as a minimum, and I think my 100l tank, 2HP compressor isn't up to running tools that run constantly like grinders or sanders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.