Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Motorists beware  (Read 1968 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: Motorists beware
« Reply #30 on: 29 December 2021, 19:01:33 »

Didn't answer to anything, as the heart attack that happened at some point during all of that killed him.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 December 2021, 19:20:23 »

Can't have been that much left to recover.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 December 2021, 19:32:28 »

Can't have been that much left to recover.

Why not?

I probably did more damage getting it out of the pool than was done previously.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 December 2021, 20:06:47 »

Cyclists push the boundaries of the law too far now (Why not allow more flexibillity and ignore red lights)

Ever looked at what some car drivers do? There's a lot more of them, and some of them shouldn't be allowed out of the house without their shoe laces tied together and their mouth sewn shut with lockwire.

Tell us about it.  Earlier in the year a driver demolished a trolley park area at our local B&Q., ending up with it's front end in the air on top of the wreckage.

Then, just the other week my local Sainsbury's had this happen in their car park:
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/shock-as-car-ploughs-into-sainsburys-trolley-bay-258326/

!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;)

Without seeing the vehicles or sites, here are some details:

Honda Jazz, Vauxhall Meriva or some other small, boxy car. Or it was a scratched Rover25 with the full dog hair interior.
Driver well past retirement age.
Automatic transmission
The first thing they said after being removed from the car was 'what happened?' That's if they weren't unconscious and put straight into an ambulance.
Their middle aged children quickly arrived after being called by the police

I recognise those comments well. My dear departed 80 year old dad would not give up driving, until he had twice, in separate incidents, ended up having a lorry run up his offside when on a motorway. Both times he lost his door mirror, and had dents in the bodywork. He reluctantly gave up driving and left that to my lovely, now departed mum, who was 78……………..

Whilst their car was in for accident repairs, she managed to accelerate in the just loaned garage car to end up hitting a ramp and flying onto the roofs of three “for sale” cars!!!  She always claimed to have not known what happened………

She then gave up driving to the relief of us children ::) ::) ;D ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 December 2021, 21:07:02 »

Cyclists push the boundaries of the law too far now (Why not allow more flexibillity and ignore red lights)

Ever looked at what some car drivers do? There's a lot more of them, and some of them shouldn't be allowed out of the house without their shoe laces tied together and their mouth sewn shut with lockwire.

Tell us about it.  Earlier in the year a driver demolished a trolley park area at our local B&Q., ending up with it's front end in the air on top of the wreckage.

Then, just the other week my local Sainsbury's had this happen in their car park:
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/shock-as-car-ploughs-into-sainsburys-trolley-bay-258326/

Heres how they park in Doncaster just up the road from me. :-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28uy-a_Cclk
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 December 2021, 21:49:22 »

That's a real mess , what on earth was going on ?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 December 2021, 12:47:40 »

Just read the article on Yorkshire Live, Mick, a lorry lost control and smashed into them.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/scene-utter-chaos-lorry-smashes-22590183
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 December 2021, 13:39:06 »

Just read the article on Yorkshire Live, Mick, a lorry lost control and smashed into them.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/scene-utter-chaos-lorry-smashes-22590183

Hi Steve, he certainly made a great job of that imagine what it sounded like what an insurance claim that's going to be, fancy parking up & coming back to that !
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 December 2021, 14:33:01 »

A lorry did similar to the Mercedes dealers at the bottom of the road from Capt Zok a few years ago. The lorry driver had some kind of medical problem (presume heart attack) while at the wheel and took out a line of brand new & almost new Mercs. I would imagine that would have cost a few quid too.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 December 2021, 17:54:46 »

Heres how they park in Doncaster just up the road from me. :-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28uy-a_Cclk

Yes, what a mess indeed! ::) ::) ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.