Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banking - Christmas Bank Holidays.  (Read 430 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Banking - Christmas Bank Holidays.
« on: 29 December 2021, 11:34:04 »

A couple of years ago I gained a £12 late change because of a bank delaying the payment.  I got the charge back as it was not my fault and got £10 compensation for the agro it caused.

With payment due this week I made a manual payment takeing into consideration the 2 working days transfer time  and paid last months balance in full plus some extra to reduce next months payments.

I made the payment on Tue 21st so should have arrived by the Fri 24th.

I thought it was due 29th for payment (automatic last balance in full payment) that mysteriously got changed to 27th (They did this on other occasions)  either way the payment was made on time.  But thier records show I made the payment on thier app on the 24th.

The problem I made with paying early was I didnt anticipate all the crap I have today.

Thier system has taken the setup ammount to pay last months bill in full.  Normally this is not a problem, but with one thing and another (cash machines running out of money over the holiday period etc etc) my money was drawn out and a minimum balance left to start the New Year (I do this every year)

So I get an email saying I will be going overdrawn please add funds by the end of the day etc.

So I try to do the right thing as history has a habbit of repeating itself.

Timeing goes against me.

I cant no matter what get to the bank to pay in today allthough I could have yesterday and Monday but they were shut.

I can afford to pay the whole balance in full but the cash aint in the bank.

I can tranfer money into the bank but thats 1/2/3 working days.

Most of the country works 24/7  just not the banking system.

Rant over - possible bank charges on way.

Skrunts@Totally F**kedoff.com
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Banking - Christmas Bank Holidays.
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2021, 11:37:25 »

I've had no problems making faster payments over the holidays, but I can't see from your convoluted methodology what it is you're actually trying to do.
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2021, 11:48:01 »

Interweb banking is the future. I can swap money from accounts on my phone .... bank to same bank is all but instant .... my bank to MrsB's account might take a few minutes likewise to & from a savings account in a different bank.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2021, 12:08:41 »

My bank to bank payments are instant.

Yorkshire Building Society takes 1/3 days depending on what time/day the request goes in.

I just got the timeing wrong I reckon and not antispateing the delays with the bank holidays.

:-X :-X :-X :-X  about the Apps/sytem on dateing the payments  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2021, 12:39:40 »

Yorkshire Building Society takes 1/3 days depending on what time/day the request goes in.

I just got the timeing wrong I reckon and not antispateing the delays with the bank holidays.

Whenever I move money from a YBS savings account, as long as it is before 4pm, it hits my current account at nineish the next morning. Christmas really shouldn't make that much difference, because the payments system is run by one of the big banks, can't remember which.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 December 2021, 12:49:33 »

Same here it's brilliant with the bank payments, I can pay everyone I need to instantly.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 December 2021, 17:42:26 »

Whenever I move money from a YBS savings account, as long as it is before 4pm, it hits my current account at nineish the next morning. Christmas really shouldn't make that much difference, because the payments system is run by one of the big banks, can't remember which.

They obviously dont treat us all the same then. :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2021, 23:46:07 »

Barclays?
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.