Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What do we drive today  (Read 1580 times)

smoothomega

• Omega Knight
  • Perth, Western Australia
  • 2002 2.2DTI CDX,
    • View Profile
What do we drive today
« on: 12 January 2022, 01:53:30 »

So, it's been a long while since i was on here, some of you may remember, some will have forgotten me and others will have absolutely no idea who the hell i am 🙄
I moved over to Perth Australia 10 years ago so maybe that long since i was last on here (Its good to still see some familiar names as i look through the posts) and since my time here have owned a few Holden Commodores, a ute (Pick up to you poms), a 4wd estate and saloons, sadly not a Monaro,  v6 and v8 models from the familiar shape we had back in the Uk to the last VE/VF model.

All have been fun, some frustrating and some downright bloody terrible, the 4wd v8 crewman Ute was awesome and the latter VE estate a stunning looking and driving car in V8 form, although petrol is half the price here than in the UK, popping out to see a friend can often mean a 300+ KM round trip and i struggled to keep pace with the rapid rate the big V8 consumed her drink and alas with the demise of Holden (Thanks GM 😢) i decided to move on to a different make

I currently run a 2015 Audi A6 S-line Quattro with the 3.0 V6 supercharged engine, oh what a car and oh what an engine, linear power from the minute you tickle the throttle and right through to the red line, it makes you realise how engineering has progressed and makes the Commodore seem very agricultural in comparison.

Would i have another Commodore, maybe if the right one came along, the last of the VE Estates would be my choice in V8 form and as a sunday driver only, it would have to be the right car though in the right colour and in the right trim level

So, after all that i got to thinking what everyone back in the Uk now drives, on my last visit back two years ago i think i only saw one Omega in the whole of the 3 weeks i was there so i guess they are becoming a bit thin on the ground

Would be really interested to hear what the vehicle of choice is for everyone these days if you no longer drive an omega

Cheers

Jez 

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Re: What do we drive today
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2022, 06:43:24 »

As a daily, I now have a Vivaro minibus but summer time, I have a VZ Monaro LS1 :y

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2022, 07:42:32 »

Whatever it is that you drive, most people on this forum will agree it has to be diesel powered  :)
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2022, 08:50:32 »

Since selling my 2.6 CDX I've had a Mercedes E430 V8 nice but being honest no better than the Omega also a Hyundai Terracan 
( brilliant workhorse) I believe they are quite popular in Australia currently have a 2008 3.6 TDV8 Range Rover Sport, terrific vehicle & am lucky enough to have found a mechanic who really knows everything about these cars, also run a Subaru Forester (petrol) second one we've owned and again a brilliant vehicle it's a 2005 with only 47,000 miles.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2022, 08:52:11 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2022, 08:55:38 »

Still got my Omega although it's not been on the road for 3 or 4 years "daily" driving is split between my 1995 Volvo 960 2.9 straight 6 saloon and my 2000 Volvo V70 2.4 5 cylinder-all are petrols.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2022, 10:05:53 »

My "ocasional " driver is my 2.2 Omega. 8) :y

Am considering what to have next.  I liked the interior size of the Senator along with the comfort (Allthough I never owned one I drove a late model one every week 3.0 24v)   The Carlton Diplomat I had was a tad smaller inside but the comfort was good.  Of my 3 Omegas the Elite was comfortable but the other 2 with cloth seats are adequate.  But again I feel there was more space in the MFL than the Facelift models.

The future.  I really dont like the idea of a "plug in" car with only battery power :-\

A plug in Hybrid sounds good and might get out and about more.  But I like the space and luxury of a car.  But I would guess everything I want is too exspensive.

A luxury estate would be nice as it would be a lot easier to get the wheelchair in/out as its only just fits in the Omega boot.

I do however like the look of the Pug 508 style wise I just dont want bucket type seats - So still looking at options.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2022, 10:12:14 »

I remember you Jez. I think I remember you posting about moving to Australia.
Still driving an Omega, although not on a daily basis. Fuel is far too expensive for that.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2022, 10:26:51 »

My "ocasional " driver is my 2.2 Omega. 8) :y

Am considering what to have next.  I liked the interior size of the Senator along with the comfort (Allthough I never owned one I drove a late model one every week 3.0 24v)   The Carlton Diplomat I had was a tad smaller inside but the comfort was good.  Of my 3 Omegas the Elite was comfortable but the other 2 with cloth seats are adequate.  But again I feel there was more space in the MFL than the Facelift models.

The future.  I really dont like the idea of a "plug in" car with only battery power :-\

A plug in Hybrid sounds good and might get out and about more.  But I like the space and luxury of a car.  But I would guess everything I want is too exspensive.

A luxury estate would be nice as it would be a lot easier to get the wheelchair in/out as its only just fits in the Omega boot.

I do however like the look of the Pug 508 style wise I just dont want bucket type seats - So still looking at options.
Funny about the MFL interior space... The shell is identical with the face-lift one :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2022, 10:55:20 »

Welcome back!

Im currently using a Merc E250 estate.  does the job nicely but may well change soon

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2022, 14:38:05 »

Welcome back, trust you are keeping well!

My daily is a 2.0D (240) Velar which will get changed for a 3.0D (300) RR Sport later in the year once they get round to building it!.

The other car is an iPace (400)

As a toy we have the V6 F-type (380....maybe :-X)

Plus the tractor   ;D (34ish)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2022, 14:56:36 »

My daily is a 2.0D (240) Velar which will get changed for a 3.0D (300) RR Sport later in the year once they get round to building it!.

Rich bastard. Some of us have to make do with a seven year old Astra 😢
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 January 2022, 15:24:11 »

I have 535bhp. :y
Only problem is, its split over three cars.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 January 2022, 15:53:48 »

Still got one Omega, about to start doing some serious work on it... Got another Onega due in a few weeks.

Daily is a 2004 Civic... SE Executive don't you know. Heated leather upholstery and a sunshine roof!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 January 2022, 16:20:39 »

I have 535bhp. :y
Only problem is, its split over three cars.  ;D

Two must be making decent power then as the clit's general operating level is close to zero>?  ;D :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 January 2022, 16:21:30 »

Rich bastard. Some of us have to make do with a seven year old Astra 😢

Not retired  ;D

And of course, one is a perk of the job, the other a good 'deal'  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 22 queries.