Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil lack showing up on computer  (Read 1851 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Oil lack showing up on computer
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2008, 21:35:24 »

I think mine shows both, oil lack is the worst kind, thats why I checked it, I just had an oil and filter change just in case the filter was blocked, my oil light never comes on
It only shows one.

If the oil is below halfway between min/max, and take it on a motorway run, it can be enough to briefly bring on the warning - just keep it topped up to nearer max mark
Grumpy old man

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2008, 21:58:11 »

I think mine shows both, oil lack is the worst kind, thats why I checked it, I just had an oil and filter change just in case the filter was blocked, my oil light never comes on
It only shows one.

If the oil is below halfway between min/max, and take it on a motorway run, it can be enough to briefly bring on the warning - just keep it topped up to nearer max mark

Ah rite......cheers TB.  :y i thought it was...but some posts made me undecided.....

Tho ive never worked out why....it doesnt just check the level when you turn the ign on prior to starting.......how can it acurately judge oil level when its all spashing about inside the engine  :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 April 2008, 22:03:16 »

It only shows one.

Ah rite......cheers TB.  :y i thought it was...but some posts made me undecided.....

Tho ive never worked out why....it doesnt just check the level when you turn the ign on prior to starting.......how can it acurately judge oil level when its all spashing about inside the engine  :-/
Its designed to warn you when its running (with all the oil around the engine).

Next time to drop your oil, see how much has to come out before the warning comes on ;)
Grumpy old man

Steve1077

« Reply #18 on: 12 April 2008, 00:27:54 »

Well it says in the owner’s manual “engine oil level, engine oil too low when ignition is switched on”, it then says “oil lack, extreme oil shortage, switch off engine immediately”, I can’t remember for sure if I’ve seen them both, I could be thinking of the Senator again

andyiow

• Ryde, IoW
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 April 2008, 10:44:51 »

I have seen this on mine once. Car had been sat at idle on an incline whilst defrosting the car this winter. It was due for an oil change as it was just coming upto the 4k since the last one. Only assume the oil was a bit thicker due to cold as the level was correct.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.