Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I remove the facelift dash trim?  (Read 627 times)

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
How do I remove the facelift dash trim?
« on: 12 April 2008, 11:29:51 »

I want to change the wooden facia trim from around the stereo and auto gear lever for another less "old man".

How do I get this out of the car? Is it a big job?

HNO3GOH

• Somerset
  • Play time.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I remove the facelift dash trim?
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2008, 12:36:30 »

Its not so much a big job just takes a little time and is on a scale of 1 to 5 and 5 being hard i would say its a 2 and infact the hard part is getting your radio out.

To remove the gear trim pull out the handbrake cover and you will see a black head cross screw. Take out that screw and at the back of the centre console in each side you will see (move both seats foward) you will see a hex key and they have to come out aswell and now the whole centre console will move back from the dash about 2 cm. The last stage is pull out the gear surround and you find two black crosshead screws. Take them out and push the wood trim toward the dash and its then freeso just lift and feed the gear surround back through the wood trim.

The wood facia you have to take out the radio and you will see two black cross head screw just in the edge at the top and they need to come out. The ash tray has to come out aswell and to do that open it and get down eye level and you will see a screw in the centre at the back take this out and just pull the ash tray out and when part way out you will see a small plug just pull apart. Once you have done that you will see two black lugs just push them up and pull the wood trim out from the bottom and it is now free but you have to remove all the switchs and then all the plugs from the back and you have start from the bottom and work up on both sides (some of the plugs to remove push down and some push out to the side). Once you have done this all thats is left is the climate unit and there is two plugs and then your trim is free. Once free you will be able to see how the climate unit comes out from the wood trim.

Good luck and i hope the info will help.
« Last Edit: 12 April 2008, 13:59:58 by cjjm26 »
Garage clear out in March 2011 and I will have a large amount of omega parts going very cheap.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.