Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sad day and Goodbye  (Read 2794 times)

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
  • If kicking doesn't work, then hit it with a hammer
    • View Profile
Sad day and Goodbye
« on: 08 October 2009, 23:05:35 »

I have had a lot of help from members and occasionally I hope I have helped others with my poor knowledge.

I am selling my 5th omega and I am very sad as this was the best miggy I have owned, if you go into the for sale section I am sure you will find it.

Unfortunately we are nearly bankrupt after losing our house (now in council housing ) and our transport business collapsing, I do not wish pity, I just wish to say a big thank you to all who have helped me with my cars.

I have joined and rejoined the forum with different cars and have found the members of this site very helpful.

Thanks everyone and goodbye  :y :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 08 October 2009, 23:06:42 by grahamandnatalie »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Sad day and Goodbye (for now I hope)
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2009, 23:06:58 »

Sorry to hear of your troubles, i saw your car in the for sale section, looked very nice, shame to see nice shape like that forsale.  :'(

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2009, 23:08:32 »

Sorry to hear of your troubles, i saw your car in the for sale section, looked very nice, shame to see nice shape like that forsale.  :'(

Thank you as the problems are genuine and very real for us  :y
« Last Edit: 08 October 2009, 23:10:14 by grahamandnatalie »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Sad day and Goodbye
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2009, 23:10:59 »

Don't go!!!!!

None of us like to hear about others troubles, and we're all sensitive and sympathetic, but don't let all the bad luck you've had ruin your relationship on here... We'll still talk to you even if you haven't got a Mig :y :y :y

If you do go... Good luck with the future and pop back in every now and then :y :y

[edit]Please don't take what I've written badly... I just mean that with all the bad news floating about at the moment it's nice to chew the fat and talk crap with others :y :y[/edit]
« Last Edit: 08 October 2009, 23:12:23 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2009, 23:12:52 »

just lost my electrical / alarms business after 18 years mate so have a good idea how you feel.

going bankrupt in the next few weeks and just to round it off ............... my rather v6 has just blown up  :'( :'(

wait till your discharged and then come back even stronger  :y

good luck for the future mate and remember ................ don't let the bast*rds grind you down  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2009, 23:14:32 »

Thank you as the problems are genuine and very real for us  :y

No problem  :y

No doubt you will be back, Omega's are dirt cheap, and you will always need your own car.  :)

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2009, 23:15:18 »

Don't go!!!!!

None of us like to hear about others troubles, and we're all sensitive and sympathetic, but don't let all the bad luck you've had ruin your relationship on here... We'll still talk to you even if you haven't got a Mig :y :y :y

If you do go... Good luck with the future and pop back in every now and then :y :y

Will come back from time to time, Currently shopping for vectra elite diesel, if I have enough cash.

Got to be better than the H reg pick and mix fiesta I am driving to and from work at the moment, it even has a manual choke and bearing sounds from n/s rear wheel and 212,000 miles - wicked  :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 October 2009, 23:19:50 »

Don't go!!!!!

[edit]Please don't take what I've written badly... I just mean that with all the bad news floating about at the moment it's nice to chew the fat and talk crap with others :y :y[/edit]

What he said.... :y
Lots of us have problems or major setbacks, but we can still have oof as a common interest, even without a Mig.. :) :)

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2009, 23:29:32 »

I think some of my vectra issues will be common, general chat the same, and maybe some advice for miggy owners  :)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2009, 23:42:01 »

I think some of my vectra issues will be common, general chat the same, and maybe some advice for miggy owners  :)

So...... does that mean you are staying.... :y :y :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2009, 23:44:00 »

I think it does :y :y

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2009, 23:50:24 »

Depends if I get enough money from auction to buy vectra elite cos there is no advice on here for rusty pick and mix 20 year old fiesta with a manual choke. Can post pics on Saturday of fiesta if you really really wish ( if I do be prepared to be amazed that it passed an MOT, I was)

robbo2345

• Intermediate Member
  • Norfolk
  • the nature of the beast
    • 01/03 elite 2.6 estates
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 October 2009, 00:30:22 »

sorry to here your bad news mate !  :o been there done that 10 yrs ago and i am still smiling and kicking , stick around i havnt been a member long but they seem to be a good bunch and it doesnt seem to matter to any of them or me if you have a mig or not  :y :y :y
life is too short ...... so live it every day !!

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 October 2009, 09:02:39 »

Depends if I get enough money from auction to buy vectra elite cos there is no advice on here for rusty pick and mix 20 year old fiesta with a manual choke. Can post pics on Saturday of fiesta if you really really wish ( if I do be prepared to be amazed that it passed an MOT, I was)

You'll be amazed how far our knowledge spreads ;) ;) :y :y

Ghost

• Omega Baron
  • Seaham, North East england
    • 2.6 V6 CDX Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 October 2009, 09:07:31 »

Sorry to hear about your problems, Hope you get back on your feet soon.
Stick around Mate.  We can even try and give advice on your Elephants roller skate fiesta or which ever car you have. :y

He who brakes Looses
To old to die young

Stevie-blunder

• Omega Knight
  • Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 09 October 2009, 21:12:17 »

Sorry to hear about your news. Keep your chin up, good luck to you  :y

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 October 2009, 21:47:46 »

It's always darkest before the dawn kid!  :(
You'd be surprised how many of us on here have 'been there, done that, bought the t shirt etc'. I folded my business in 2003 after a spinal operation went wrong & I couldn't stand for long or lift anymore, but with the help of the wife god bless her, family & friends, I picked myself up & dusted myself down. In 2007 I was diagnosed with throat cancer and in January 2008 I had my stomach & eosophagus removed which got rid of the cancer, and as a bonus I lost 4 stone of blubber ;D
Life is very different now, and dare I say it... Better!
You're probably not in the mood for all this crap right now, but believe me when I say mate, that when one door closes, another one opens - honestly! If you are determined to battle through the bad times, and your lass stands by you, nothing will keep you down  ;)
All the very best for the future, and do stay with OOF, it costs nothing, but will enrich you immeasurably. :y :y 
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09 October 2009, 21:53:45 »

It's always darkest before the dawn kid!  :(
You'd be surprised how many of us on here have 'been there, done that, bought the t shirt etc'. I folded my business in 2003 after a spinal operation went wrong & I couldn't stand for long or lift anymore, but with the help of the wife god bless her, family & friends, I picked myself up & dusted myself down. In 2007 I was diagnosed with throat cancer and in January 2008 I had my stomach & eosophagus removed which got rid of the cancer, and as a bonus I lost 4 stone of blubber ;D
Life is very different now, and dare I say it... Better!
You're probably not in the mood for all this crap right now, but believe me when I say mate, that when one door closes, another one opens - honestly! If you are determined to battle through the bad times, and your lass stands by you, nothing will keep you down  ;)
All the very best for the future, and do stay with OOF, it costs nothing, but will enrich you immeasurably. :y :y 

Fortunately I haven't had the health issues, I had some a few years back that put me off work for 6 months but nothing as bad as yours.

I will come back as I never lie down and give up. We are already trying to plan a new future, what this will be I do not know, unfortunately it will be without my miggy but this is small price to pay in the grand scheme of things.  :y
« Last Edit: 09 October 2009, 21:54:13 by grahamandnatalie »

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2009, 21:54:20 »

Sad news indeed KtM, I hope that it isn't too long before you get things sorted out. :y :y :y

Tomorrow and the subsequent days will always present new problems for you to face - but with any potential problem there always lies an opportunity, I hope you'll be able to exploit those opportunities and move forward.

The very best of luck :y

Squealey

• Donington, Lincs
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 October 2009, 21:06:35 »

Im having a bit of a pants years myself. Actually came to the computer tonight to write out a couple of letters to plead my case with some really fair and understanding debt companies (that was sarcasm ;D)

Lost my house last November, lost my job in April, been through some bad arguments with my beautiful wife, snap at the kids ALL the time and have turned in to a thoroughly nasty b'stard.

Doctor has prescribed me anti-depressants for the day and Diazapan to help me sleep.

Owe Northern Rock in excess of £46000 and they are being brilliant, but another debt company working on behalf of HSBC write to me 3 times a week and ring me at least twice every day, for £536. You just can't get to speak to anyone with a brain (or heart).

Am dreaming of the day I go bankrupt, but just can't afford the £500 it will cost me. Is it me or is that amazingly stupid, your going bankrupt because you have no money, yet it will cost you £500 to go bankrupt in the first place!!!!!

Really hope your luck changes mate and I wish you every luck in the future. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I just don't know where the end of the tunnel is!

Wayne

GG

• Intermediate Member
  • Milton Keynes
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 October 2009, 21:20:39 »

Im having a bit of a pants years myself. Actually came to the computer tonight to write out a couple of letters to plead my case with some really fair and understanding debt companies (that was sarcasm ;D)

Lost my house last November, lost my job in April, been through some bad arguments with my beautiful wife, snap at the kids ALL the time and have turned in to a thoroughly nasty b'stard.

Doctor has prescribed me anti-depressants for the day and Diazapan to help me sleep.

Owe Northern Rock in excess of £46000 and they are being brilliant, but another debt company working on behalf of HSBC write to me 3 times a week and ring me at least twice every day, for £536. You just can't get to speak to anyone with a brain (or heart).

Am dreaming of the day I go bankrupt, but just can't afford the £500 it will cost me. Is it me or is that amazingly stupid, your going bankrupt because you have no money, yet it will cost you £500 to go bankrupt in the first place!!!!!

Really hope your luck changes mate and I wish you every luck in the future. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I just don't know where the end of the tunnel is!

Wayne

some serious advice.

Let go stop paying.They will make you bankrupt, this will cost you nothing. It also better than voluntary redundancy. After 7 years be able to start rebuilding you credit history without penalties. This never truly happens with voluntary redundancy.

After 2 years we are finally able to have debit cards and have our first (crap) credit card.

My friend who did what your doing and then went for voluntary bankruptcy.

He still can't do anything after 3 years.

Please p.m. cos nothing this complicated can dealt with on the forum.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.