Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Poll

Watch the short video clip, vote as to who you think was in the wrong and post your thoughts.

Biker 1
- 4 (8%)
Biker 2
- 26 (52%)
Police officer
- 14 (28%)
Stemo - its always his fault
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: 23 January 2014, 15:10:01

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is in the wrong  (Read 3426 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Who is in the wrong
« Reply #30 on: 21 January 2014, 22:55:46 »

Totally not the coppers fault in my opinion. Is the copper allowed to gun them and tell them to pull over? Yes. Does the first cyclist manage to stop? Yes because his speed is acceptable. Does the second biker stop. No. He's going too fast. And any time an accident occurs where you go in to the back of someone. . . It's your fault.

You could argue the weather was an issue. . . Something biker two should have factored in when choosing his following distance.

So I blame biker two. And stemo (that was a joke)

:y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 January 2014, 22:59:17 »

The irony is they were apparently filming a road safety scene for a TT Circuit Guide program. This one done the rounds on the bike forums a while back and they pretty much all blamed biker 2. In fact, even biker 2 blamed biker 2.  ;D ;D
It wasn't even his bike.  ::)

The making of it is still on You Tube (so TB will never see it).  ;) ;D

Ah, just found it.  :y

http://youtu.be/OxiKQl7B2y8
« Last Edit: 21 January 2014, 23:02:27 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 January 2014, 23:48:32 »

That road looks for all the world like the mountain section on the Isle of Man. If so, the copper is loopy as there is no speed limit at all on that section.

Presume its not the Isle of Man then. ::)

Excellent observation Chris, spot on.  :y

It was a staged event for a program, except it went just ever so slightly wrong.  ;D
To answer Marks question I opted for biker 2. It turns out he was the least experienced, hence the others stopped. A lesson to born again bikers.  :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #33 on: 22 January 2014, 00:02:47 »

At the end of the day Biker 2 was unable to stop - Biker 1 stopped as did Biker 3!  Agree perhaps a tad stupid to to "gun" them in those conditions and location, and perhaps better not to stand in the middle of the lane, but Biker 2 was not watching and braked too late - IMO
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 22 January 2014, 07:07:13 »

I think both bikers were at fault.
Both bikes were travelling too fast because if they were in the speed limit the Plod wouldn't have acted.
The first bike should have pulled into the side to allow following traffic to pass, this would have allowed the second bike to pass.
As a plus, as all ready mentioned the second bike was travelling far to fast and didn't allow a safe gap, as mentioned he probably panicked when he saw the Police.....
best wishes
Simon.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22 January 2014, 11:26:19 »

Both bikes were travelling too fast because if they were in the speed limit the  .....

It was the Isle of Man ...... there is no speed limit  ;)  ;) (other than that for road conditions etc)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 22 January 2014, 12:24:20 »

Both bikes were travelling too fast because if they were in the speed limit the  .....

It was the Isle of Man ...... there is no speed limit  ;)  ;) (other than that for road conditions etc)

Correct, the original clip shows it to be on the Isle of Man. Although people would not be expected to know this from the short clip.
The Police Officer was there purely for filming purposes, which is why Jason spotted the lack of authenticity in the use of the speed gun I assume.
Biker 2 was not meant to crash though.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #37 on: 22 January 2014, 15:52:18 »

which is why Jason spotted the lack of authenticity in the use of the speed gun I assume.

Yup, very tricky blighters to catch with a speed gun are motorcyclists, especially if moving very quickly, I didn't think there'd be any way he could have pinged that bike, he wasn't even looking down the lense.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22 January 2014, 16:08:07 »

which is why Jason spotted the lack of authenticity in the use of the speed gun I assume.

Yup, very tricky blighters to catch with a speed gun are motorcyclists, especially if moving very quickly, I didn't think there'd be any way he could have pinged that bike, he wasn't even looking down the lense.

What device was it?  Looks like an older school muniquip radar rather than a laser and if so, would have picked up on the bike, albeit the lead rather than an individual?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22 January 2014, 16:14:14 »

In my humble opinion, the fault lies with the second Rider, either not paying attention or driving to fast for the road conditions, after all the first Biker managed to stop ok, just.

However, cant help feeling the Police Officer contributed to the Accident in the first place, if it was a 30 or 40 Mph speed restricted road, then possible fair enough, but to me it looks like an Unrestricted single carriageway so 60mph, if thats the case, then no, you cant just step out on the main road to stop someone at short notice, especially given the weather conditions at the time, speed trap or no speed trap, it should have been organised in a manor that was safe to pull vehicles and in a controlled manor.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 22 January 2014, 16:27:48 »

.... but to me it looks like an Unrestricted single carriageway so 60mph,  .....

It was the Isle of Man so it was unrestricted .......... as in no restriction at all ...... as in as fast as you want/can!  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22 January 2014, 17:28:24 »

Not the best place or conditions to to do a speed check, but, it,s got to be biker two as he was going too quick to
stop, whatever the state of the weather, speed etc. ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #42 on: 22 January 2014, 18:29:49 »

Not the best place or conditions to to do a speed check, but, it,s got to be biker two as he was going too quick to
stop, whatever the state of the weather, speed etc. ::)

I guess, as it was staged apparently, that all parties knew full well what was about to unfold, or what should have unfolded.

That being the case, biker two knew full well what was about to unfold before him, but STILL managed to make a complete bollards of the whole thing anyway. ;D eejit ;D in fact Al said he admitted as much afterwards. ;)

That section looks like part of the mountain course. I think I know where but can't be sure. If so, it's regularly covered in low cloud, or cloud that can appear almost instantly without warning. There is no speed limit.

The attraction of the course is the challenge of riding it, knowing the conditions/course/talent or lack of can bite very severely in the 'arris if things go wrong. That's the rush/buzz/adrenalin rush bikers go for. Its their choice and that of the Manx govt. to control.

The guy cocked it up. Seemples ;D

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22 January 2014, 22:33:45 »

Rider 2 clearly.

If the first Biker managed to stop and the second chap crashes into him. That is because rider 2 was either too fast(for the conditions) or had not left enough stopping distance between him and the vehicle in front of him.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.