Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who was it wanted a Fail link...  (Read 882 times)

chrisgixer

Who was it wanted a Fail link...
« on: 22 January 2014, 01:30:27 »

...the other day, as if I didn't know.

Here ya go Sir Tigger. One Fail link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2543228/The-video-puts-YOU-inside-cockpit-Amazing-footage-reveals-stomach-churning-life-jet-fighter-pilot.html

If only they (the fail) where this inspiring all the time. ::)

He's talking aloud, but such clarity of thought under load is something to behold. Bucket not full.

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
Re: Who was it wanted a Fail link...
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2014, 06:54:24 »

I was in Wales  once when these sort of planes flew through the valley.
It was strange to look down on them, all be it only for a couple of seconds and they were gone.
You could hear the engines echoing round the valley then whoosh and they were gone. If they were attacking I wouldn't have stood a chance lol....
best wishes
Simon.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2014, 09:33:54 »

Far more fun in the real thing ..  :)  :)  :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2014, 09:50:49 »

Undoubtedly. Even with vomit flying round the cockpit. ;D

Much as I'd give my right testicle for a spin on one of those, I have no doubt my lack of fitness (bad back and prone to nausea when not in the drivers seat) would ruin the day. :(

Which further adds to the admiration of the guys who fly these things. There's a video of a Blue Angel pilot giving a test flight to car a journo, they played briefly with racing a corvette on take off etc.
During the flight, the pilot gave a commentary in the same way, and pre advised on high g manoeuvres so his passenger was for warned to "hup" in the right place and not pass out. Which he nearly did anyway. Whilst the pilot carried on chatting, breathing normally, almost throughout. :o

Appreciate the training etc, but the ability to communicate with extra brain capacity available to chat as if nothing is happening Scumacher style whilst busy wrestling a jet around under serious G does impress me.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2014, 10:02:29 »

Much as I'd give my right testicle for a spin on one of those, I have no doubt my lack of fitness (bad back and prone to nausea when not in the drivers seat) would ruin the day. :(

Which further adds to the admiration of the guys who fly these things. There's a video of a Blue Angel pilot giving a test flight to car a journo, they played briefly with racing a corvette on take off etc.
During the flight, the pilot gave a commentary in the same way, and pre advised on high g manoeuvres so his passenger was for warned to "hup" in the right place and not pass out. Which he nearly did anyway. Whilst the pilot carried on chatting, breathing normally, almost throughout. :o

Appreciate the training etc, but the ability to communicate with extra brain capacity available to chat as if nothing is happening Scumacher style whilst busy wrestling a jet around under serious G does impress me.

Agreed, but as you say, a lot of it is down to basic ability plus training ... If you've ever had the chance to sit with a Police Advanced Driver doing the "commentary driving" at silly speeds through traffic .. even with the lights and noise going .. you would see similar skills... the hazards at 70mph in town in a car seem to approach at the same speeds as the hazards in a jet at low level at 450knots !

Probably due to what an instructor once called "hazard density" - a term it took me ages to understand, but actually is extremely accurate in the effects it produces.

IMHO its all down to awareness and observation of your surroundings - split second decision making might enter the equation as well !!  :)

I never had the ability (or wish) to actually "pole" one of these ... so my admiration is just as high as yours ... :)  Give me the tech side any time  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2014, 10:07:34 »

Looks like fun but I'd certainly need an extra large barf bag!!  ::)  ;D

I always suspected you're a secret Wail reader Gixer!  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

chrisgixer

« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2014, 23:07:11 »

Looks like fun but I'd certainly need an extra large barf bag!!  ::)  ;D

I always suspected you're a secret Wail reader Gixer!  ;)

Linked from Yahoo. What an utterly incompetent company they are. ::)

Fail aren't much better either.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2014, 23:26:47 »

Agreed, but as you say, a lot of it is down to basic ability plus training ... If you've ever had the chance to sit with a Police Advanced Driver doing the "commentary driving" at silly speeds through traffic .. even with the lights and noise going .. you would see similar skills... the hazards at 70mph in town in a car seem to approach at the same speeds as the hazards in a jet at low level at 450knots !

Probably due to what an instructor once called "hazard density" - a term it took me ages to understand, but actually is extremely accurate in the effects it produces.

IMHO its all down to awareness and observation of your surroundings - split second decision making might enter the equation as well !!  :)

I never had the ability (or wish) to actually "pole" one of these ... so my admiration is just as high as yours ... :)  Give me the tech side any time  :)

It's exactly like that. Hertford 1990................. :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.