Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: V6 cold start overfueling  (Read 4678 times)

Muroman

• Intermediate Member
  • Finland
  • Cars for life
    • Vectra -02
    • View Profile
Re: V6 cold start overfueling
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2016, 20:04:37 »

I changed the autobox a while ago and due to that took off the exhaust. Couple weeks after the autobox change and ever since till last week had some rough idle on coldstart and also smell of petrol. So I looked up for the reason and the other (Cat to manifold) gasket had somehow broken. Now everything is fine. Just to let you know... :)
Driving: Vectra - 2002 - 2.2 "GTS" - Manual
Old: Omega - 1999 - MV6 - Automatic
Old: Omega - 1995 - MV6 - Manual

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 November 2016, 08:21:19 »

:y

Wouldn't have thought of that in a million years  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 November 2016, 10:33:45 »

On the v6 it is easy enough to get the ecu temp sender and purge valve plugs mixed up. The ecu sensor is 5v, the purge valve is 12v, and putting 12v through the temp sensor really pisses it off... car will start once from fully cold but assumes that engine temp is -40°C and dumps the fuel rail at each subsequent starting attempt, flooding it spectacularly.

Quite why the ecu would allow it to even crank with a coolant temp of -40°C remains a mystery...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 November 2016, 13:01:03 »

That's a worthy note for this thread / future generations to read. Again, quite why they'd make them the same plug, and so easily mix-up-able is also beyond me.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 November 2016, 13:29:57 »

That's a worthy note for this thread / future generations to read. Again, quite why they'd make them the same plug, and so easily mix-up-able is also beyond me.  :)

Using standard, commonly available connectors is actually good design. Temp senders, bulb holders, fuel injectors etc all use the same generic connector, and new replacements are readily available at very  low cost. Different colours, matching the component are a good idea, but maintenance in this area is rarely needed.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 November 2016, 13:57:39 »

I do like and approve massively with the logic - my gripe is just in this specific area, that's all. Even with a set of clear instructions saying 'don't mix these up ever ever ever' in a Haynes/Service Bulletin etc it still leaves it open for even someone attentive to become distracted/walk off etc... then mis-remember which went where. A spot of coloured paint. even, would cure this, that's all.

But I'm all for economy of scale / common parts used all over the place / on other cars, the same parts used for various different jobs, and so on, definitely.  :)

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.