Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Great SEREK SERVICE again  (Read 2735 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Great SEREK SERVICE again
« Reply #15 on: 08 August 2023, 11:01:44 »

Is it repairable?

This is a different question to being written off or beyond repair.

Insurance will write it off, ass the work on retail for all parts, also lots of Omega is NLS, you have to fight to keep write offs, that's why you never let them take the car to a "repairer" always have it recovered to your home address ..

Oh yes, how true that is!

I regret to this day that my green 2.5 Omega went into a "repairer", only for the insurance company to  just say "beyond economical repair" when it just had the offside rear light  section pushed in.   :'( :'( :'(
You're still entitled to having the car back should you choose.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 August 2023, 17:43:08 »

Is it repairable?

This is a different question to being written off or beyond repair.

Insurance will write it off, ass the work on retail for all parts, also lots of Omega is NLS, you have to fight to keep write offs, that's why you never let them take the car to a "repairer" always have it recovered to your home address ..

Oh yes, how true that is!

I regret to this day that my green 2.5 Omega went into a "repairer", only for the insurance company to  just say "beyond economical repair" when it just had the offside rear light  section pushed in.   :'( :'( :'(
You're still entitled to having the car back should you choose.

It's always YOUR car until the insurance pay out

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 August 2023, 19:46:47 »

I had a car damaged a few years ago & LV were having real difficulty in obtaining a new tailgate for it , I wasn't too concerned as it was still driveable, one of my colleagues in the Prison Service had worked in the insurance industry previously advised me simply to tell them that " I require the indemnity that my insurance policy provides" . They instantly offered me a very good cash offer & allowed me to keep the vehicle as well which I then traded in at my local Vauxhall dealer for a 2.6 Omega.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 August 2023, 23:19:55 »

I had a car damaged a few years ago & LV were having real difficulty in obtaining a new tailgate for it , I wasn't too concerned as it was still driveable, one of my colleagues in the Prison Service had worked in the insurance industry previously advised me simply to tell them that " I require the indemnity that my insurance policy provides" . They instantly offered me a very good cash offer & allowed me to keep the vehicle as well which I then traded in at my local Vauxhall dealer for a 2.6 Omega.
I had similar when my Desmond was written off. After the assessor said that it was a write off ,i informed my insurance company that i wanted to keep the car. They gave me a reasonable payout and i paid a local body shop to straighten the boot out for a 100 quid. Car lasted another two years until i terminally wrecked it.  :'(

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 August 2023, 08:08:52 »

I had similar when my Desmond was written off. After the assessor said that it was a write off ,i informed my insurance company that i wanted to keep the car. They gave me a reasonable payout and i paid a local body shop to straighten the boot out for a 100 quid. Car lasted another two years until i terminally wrecked it.  :'(

Yes I was more than happy £2200 from the insurance + £1700 trade in allowance & the one owner 40,000 mile Omega had been reduced from £2995 to £1995 ,did okay from that.👍
« Last Edit: 09 August 2023, 08:10:35 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.