Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: My Omega's Cats stolen  (Read 3129 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: My Omega's Cats stolen
« Reply #15 on: 29 May 2022, 16:12:52 »

Toyotas & Hondas are the main targets in our local area , been several warnings to owners in our area to use a garage at night if you have one but one old dear apparently had hers stolen in a supermarket car park, thieving bastards should have their hands chopped off.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2022, 16:18:06 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 May 2022, 16:40:06 »

Opportunist Happygolikeys or more organised?  :-\

Organised , took 5 mins to arrive , jack it ,cut the pipes and drive off in what i think is an Audi (still not hosted the footage but will)
the fact they used a hydraulic shear to cut the pipe and the speed shouts they do it all the time .

I was going to try and get what's left of the pipe round again ,but it's too thick and squashed oval  :(

so it looks like i'll have to buy shyte aftermarket type approved cats, with fitting kits from parts in motion is just shy of £500  :(

left £224.76

right £222.55

plus 2 fitting kits @£15 each

I could buy non type approved (£130 the pair) and graft in just the main cat to mid section ,(using my pre cats ) but then i'd also have to relocate lambdas and snot it all together  ::)
Timing really sucks

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 May 2022, 16:43:06 »

I would sleeve them for the time being and budget for new cats at the MoT :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 May 2022, 16:54:07 »

I thought this shit was a thing of the past now :(
loads of cats getting stolen at the moment  :(

I just hope they are not stupid enough to steel the aftermarket replacements i fit , because they won't be worth sod all scrap ,despite costing me £500  :-X

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 May 2022, 17:14:06 »

Sorry to hear about this Dave, it’s bad enough anyway but the thieving bastards don’t give a shit about peoples dependency on that vehicle.  :-\  They also don’t give a shit what they damage when jacking the vehicle up either.
I always want the jack to fall on them and crush the thieving bastards.

A chap I worked with had the cat cut off his Prius. The insurance paid out for a replacement to be fitted but just three weeks later they cut the new one off. As the insurance said that he was on his now he had to fit at his own cost so one of the lads at work suggested fitting it, and then welding toughened steel rods from the cat, and along the pipe a bit on both sides. Seems to have worked as the pipe has wounds on it from attempt number three but is still there.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2022, 17:20:49 »

Sorry to hear about this Dave, it’s bad enough anyway but the thieving bastards don’t give a shit about peoples dependency on that vehicle.  :-\  They also don’t give a shit what they damage when jacking the vehicle up either.

A chap I worked with had the cat cut off his Prius. The insurance paid out for a replacement to be fitted but just three weeks later they cut the new one off. As the insurance said that he was on his now he had to fit at his own cost so one of the lads at work suggested fitting it, and then welding toughened steel rods from the cat, and along the pipe a bit on both sides. Seems to have worked as the pipe has wounds on it from attempt number three but is still there.

Thanks  :)
sadly not much you can do to protect Omega cats when they have hydraulic shears  :(
I won't be telling the insurance or police ,waste of time ,and will just cost me even more money  :(

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2022, 17:35:47 »

Thanks  :)
sadly not much you can do to protect Omega cats when they have hydraulic shears  :(
I won't be telling the insurance or police ,waste of time ,and will just cost me even more money  :( 

Yes, I agree.  :y Just so frustrating.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 May 2022, 18:10:17 »

I would report it, regardless of what you perceive that they can do, and also regardless of any insurance claim.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 May 2022, 18:11:44 »

As said, just bodge a bypass with some slightly bigger pipe for the time being, give you chance to see what may turn up.  May the thieves get poisoned from the dust, useless thoughtless  t wats.
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 May 2022, 18:13:50 »

I would report it, regardless of what you perceive that they can do, and also regardless of any insurance claim.
                 Yes at least let the cops have a gander at the cctv they may even recognise them.
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 May 2022, 18:37:07 »

it's not just about a car claim ,which increases costs
Ir also increases the crime rate ,though the scum obviously travelled ,not locals
also lowers house prices, increases home insurance etc etc

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 May 2022, 18:42:22 »

If you report it and they get caught it can be included in their prosecution, especially with evidence.

If you don't report it it cannot.

Besides, your video footage might just be the missing detail in an ongoing investigation.

But as long as your house doesn't go down in value, 'dangle berries' to everyone else.  ???

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 May 2022, 19:31:57 »

IME, CCTV footage taken at night is not admissible in court in most cases, so even if the old bill recognise the culprits, they won't proceed with it as the CPA won't run with it.
Grumpy old man

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 May 2022, 19:41:30 »

If it's any use, I've got 2 genuine Omega B downpipes complete with cats that I removed from my car 18 months ago. The flanges are rusted to bu99ery, but if you've got the tools you might be able to repair them, or somehow sleeve them into place.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 May 2022, 20:34:18 »

video footage
not great footage anyway , cameras needed cleaning BUT i have a complete new CCTV system ,sitting ready to fit when i get chance (better video compression , better quality cameras ) sods law i've been busy and not got round to fitting it in time for the cat theft  ::)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.