Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: Dead Person  (Read 391335 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Person
« Reply #1710 on: 08 July 2021, 20:29:41 »

A character like James Hunt wouldn't get near a F1 car today , "sex pest , drunk " a modern F1 teams worst PR nightmare , those were the days  :y

Tbh, he was lucky to get near one in the first place. I know a driver who raced against him (and always beat him), who said the media nickname of "Hunt the shunt" although accurate, was just slightly different to the nickname most of the drivers had for him.
He was lucky that Lord Hesketh enjoyed all the partying, and not taking anything too seriously,like Hunt, but presumably also saw some level of talent in him, that laid beneath the surface.

1976 was the year of Hunt and Sheene.

Both were chamions.

Both were heavy smokers and drinkers

Both liked parties and pussies. :D ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: 08 July 2021, 20:57:30 »

They want me to wear a hard hat when skimming ceilings😵‍💫 my head is about six inches away from it😂😂😂 bloody crazy.
And goggles for splashes, I hope.  ::)

While I agree caution is necessary, I’ve been working with caustic materials for 49 years and I’ve had loads of it in my eyes, not good I know but my eyesight is still 20/20, the correct way to lay a ceilings on is over your shoulder and a proper tradesmen can do that, if any falls it will not be directly over your eyes. There is no way in hell you could skim a ceiling properly with Goggles on, Believe me👍

This is again a demonstration of just how bad people are at assessing risk. Which is done by multiplying the severity of any consequences by how likely it is to happen. That can make minor but very frequent occurrences much riskier than very severe but almost impossible ones. Which is the argument for basic, but correctly used  PPE; the hardhat is a hinderance without any improvement but wearing goggles when applying drippy, caustic materials above your head is sensible.
Laying a rubber road.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 08 July 2021, 21:22:08 »

Just finished reading a book of a hero of mine from my younger days The Uncrowned King Of Formula One. Jochen Rindt died during practice for the 1970 Monza GP but had done enough[along with the way the rest of the seasons results went]to become the sports only posthumous world champion.The roll call of the drivers who had died,not only in that season but in previous seasons was sobering indeed.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 08 July 2021, 22:49:20 »

A character like James Hunt wouldn't get near a F1 car today , "sex pest , drunk " a modern F1 teams worst PR nightmare , those were the days  :y

Tbh, he was lucky to get near one in the first place. I know a driver who raced against him (and always beat him), who said the media nickname of "Hunt the shunt" although accurate, was just slightly different to the nickname most of the drivers had for him.
He was lucky that Lord Hesketh enjoyed all the partying, and not taking anything too seriously,like Hunt, but presumably also saw some level of talent in him, that laid beneath the surface.

Both were chamions.

And both died yoing :'(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 08 July 2021, 23:52:22 »

Both were chamions.

And both died young :'(

But not because of racing.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 09 July 2021, 00:18:55 »

Just finished reading a book of a hero of mine from my younger days The Uncrowned King Of Formula One.practi Jochen Rindt died during [/highlight]ce for the 1970 Monza GP but had done enough[along with the way the rest of the seasons results went]to become the sports only posthumous world champion.The roll call of the drivers who had died,not only in that season but in previous seasons was sobering indeed.

Thanks to Colin Chapman forcing him to drive a car he knew wasnt safe to drive.  :'(
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: 09 July 2021, 13:26:38 »

I'm not convinced that dropping off the perch relatively young like Sheene and Hunt is such a bad thing.They had exciting lives.They lived rather than merely existed.

The inevitable  decline and decay of old age doesn't seem such a great option. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: 09 July 2021, 13:42:50 »

I agree.  :y
Although Hunt was only 45 when he died which is a bit too young. I still miss his commentary on the races. He has never been matched imo.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 09 July 2021, 14:31:23 »

I'm not convinced that dropping off the perch relatively young like Sheene and Hunt is such a bad thing.They had exciting lives.They lived rather than merely existed.

The inevitable  decline and decay of old age doesn't seem such a great option. :)
Best start putting your affairs in order then  :)
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: 09 July 2021, 16:13:04 »

Best start putting your affairs in order then  :)

I'm really not worried about my demise. We all die. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: 09 July 2021, 16:56:51 »

Same here.  :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: 09 July 2021, 17:53:14 »

At least it’s one thing we can be sure of :y
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: 09 July 2021, 18:01:46 »

At least it’s one thing we can be sure of :y
and taxes.  >:(

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: 09 July 2021, 19:07:21 »

Old omega owners don't die, they slowly rust away.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: 09 July 2021, 23:05:38 »

Sebastian Eubank. Son of Chris, and also a boxer. Drowned near his home in Dubai. Just before his 30th birthday. Leaves a one month old son. :(

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.