Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega 24v Work in Progress  (Read 42382 times)

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: Omega 24v Work in Progress
« Reply #105 on: 30 April 2018, 19:03:50 »

Valeted car, gutted the interior, polished inside including wood, done all the windows with vinegar/water, applied new seat covers and took it to a hot wash and rinse, then my missus gets in passenger side and leaves two big grit laden footprints and a big scuff on the kick plate of sill!

Also rust-treated little bit of rust under the passenger front door, where it turns up toward hinges.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 29 May 2018, 19:37:49 »

Just went through MOT there, everything fine apart from.....washer pump somehow gave up the ghost, never gave me issue except now, guess a pre-check of the silly things would have been pertinent!

Guy also said the O/S light is slightly low so I need to hope the adjuster moves it up a bit when I twiddle it round. I'll need to do that tonight when it's a bit darker and lights against wall to see if it is going up and also matching the other one somewhat.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 29 May 2018, 20:31:55 »

Have you made sure it's the washer pump that's fubar and not just the filter on it that's blocked?Sound like easy fixes as long as the headlight adjusters aren't broken/don't break.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 29 May 2018, 22:21:33 »

Have you made sure it's the washer pump that's fubar and not just the filter on it that's blocked?Sound like easy fixes as long as the headlight adjusters aren't broken/don't break.

Hlight adjusters are fooked, got spare light here in bits, otherwise ok except adjusters, I'm going to put the new adjusters in that and fling it in for MOT as tried adjusting the night and it's all over the shop, well everyway but up. Tested the pump supply and it's 12v and the pump isn't buzzing so defo that.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2018, 22:23:06 by grifter »

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 30 May 2018, 22:27:33 »

New adjuster in drivers side and seems ok light level at that. Will be taking allen key socket and extension should it need adjusted a bit. Got new washer pump for 8 bucks from local factors after VX wanting 60+ and 5 day wait!

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 01 July 2018, 18:08:16 »

Just removed the power sounder for peace of mind. I seen that someone had already unplugged the sounder but not the siren so perhaps was causing problems for previous owner.

Certainly the box "looks" ok but I don't know what it is like inside. It looks like it is sealed together so I think I would need to break it to get it open or at least prize the shell apart, which would potentially break the cover.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 10 May 2020, 21:28:13 »

Could've sworn I'd updated this not long ago, apparently not. Well not really that much done, and it doesn't want to for much. I don't use it through Winter, and my daily rounaround is a cavalier, plus I have a few other projects on the go.

Recently manged to get some stuff done though that was well overdue. The fuel tank metal cover plate was rotten and threatening to leak very soon, so that got changed. The other bit of work threatening to catch me out one day, was the sump leak and oil change so desperateley needed.

I decided to take off the sump, give it a good clean up, and paint, then try and fix the leak in the upper sump. I tried to clean iit out and seal along where it was leaking but it still leaked. I then gave it another blast with brake cleaner, thoroughly cleaned along where it is sealed, fearing I'm going to have to take this off to fix, then sealed it again and left it for 2 days to dry.

Result, this fixed the upper sump leak, so only other job that is calling is the gearbox fluid change. I'm going to try and get a long plastic flexi pipe and feed the oil in from upstairs, using a nozzle filter, rather than try and faff about with bottles and hoses underneath it.

Now to find the proper pipe!

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 04 August 2020, 20:11:07 »

Wee bit of an update on my omega, trying to use it a bit more during summer, I have since changed autobox oil, and also took sump off and cleaned it all out and changed the engine oil inc. sump off and clean out.

After topping up the oil I must have put too much in it, it was overt he full mark after checking it next day, so I then decided to drain some back out, put an old pan under it and let a few cupfuls out at a time, it wasn't going down so I let maybe a litre or so out, and boom the dipstick is now showing no oil at all!

I don't know how I do these things lol, it seems to have gone from over full to nothing, and i've emptied out perhaps 2 litres if that. So as the oil was draining into an old cat litter tray (Shouldv'e cleaned it out first) I'm not risking putting cat litter chunks + oil back in just went and bought 2 litres of oil and topped up with one litre and it's back to 1/2 full so that'll do it.

Also need to change the drop link on driver side, can't mind it might be other side, but I have a spare so that will be next. The main concern at the moment is though the TC and ABS light staying on. I was away on holiday and as I usually disconnect battery when leaving it for more than a few days, I connected up, started checking tyres and stuff, had radio on, then thought oh wait I might have drained the batter a bit. So closed everything radio off, left it for a few mins, then turned it over and yes it was very slow churning, sounded like it was going to click click, but held it and it went just.

Seems ok now, must have just drained it a bit much when doing tyre checks with radio on.

Longer term things I want to get changed as well is the air-con condensor and drier, which I've got in my stock, air con was originally low on gas so topped it up but Iafter seeing the air-con radiator I can see why it is probably not quite as cool as it should be, all the fins are missing.

« Last Edit: 04 August 2020, 20:23:40 by grifter »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.