Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Titanic  (Read 4383 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Titanic
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2023, 17:47:01 »

Looking at the rusty arse end of the support ship that they launch the submersible from, i'd be a bit concerned exactly how professional this Ocean Gate enterprise really are. Especially for a cool £250k a pop.  ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2023, 18:21:44 »

The stupid yanks are holding up a proper rescue now by the UK the people who mapped 700.000 images together last year of the ship and have the only vessel that’s able to possibly winch it up. They won’t let them fly out from Guernsey apparently……..
Probably because Guernsey isn't in the EU or UK... Not that anything  capable of flying to the US could ever take off from Guernsey.

Although it does rather smack of superpower arrogance, much like the Communists when the Kursk overheated.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2023, 18:24:58 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 June 2023, 19:24:51 »

The stupid yanks are holding up a proper rescue now by the UK the people who mapped 700.000 images together last year of the ship and have the only vessel that’s able to possibly winch it up. They won’t let them fly out from Guernsey apparently……..
Probably because Guernsey isn't in the EU or UK... Not that anything  capable of flying to the US could ever take off from Guernsey.

Although it does rather smack of superpower arrogance, much like the Communists when the Kursk overheated.

Quick flight to Newquay.... ?
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 June 2023, 20:26:07 »

You’ve misunderstood, the team is waiting for the go ahead, not the hardware👍
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Laying a rubber road.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 June 2023, 21:52:40 »

Looking at the rusty arse end of the support ship that they launch the submersible from, i'd be a bit concerned exactly how professional this Ocean Gate enterprise really are. Especially for a cool £250k a pop.  ???

That and the fact it's controlled using a playstation controller would have been red flags for me I think...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 June 2023, 22:06:00 »

That and the fact it's controlled using a playstation controller would have been red flags for me I think...

What's wrong with that?  ???   :D

A fella on Whine today said that the ballast is old metal pipes sat in cradles either side on the outside and the passengers have to all sit on one side so the pipes roll off when they want to ascend!  :o  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 June 2023, 03:23:46 »

I wager that if/when they find it there's no one in it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 June 2023, 07:22:26 »

I wager that if/when they find it there's no one in it.

It is a pretty good cover story for a Reggie Perrin job... ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21 June 2023, 07:56:53 »

Should build thousands of them & donate them to the immigrants waiting to get to the UK illegally, problems solved.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 June 2023, 09:28:15 »

Everyone should take one (and only one) trip to Egypt, to see the Pyramids, Sphinx, and Cairo museum.
We were in and out on the same day and imo thats the way to do it.
Mrs TB wants to do Cairo, as she has a fascination with all things (ancient) Egyptian.  We did one of those Nile cruises from Luxor to Aswan and back, so all the temples, Valley of the Kings, Valley of the Queens etc, then each day watched the sun go down from the top deck of the boat, which conveniently had a bar.....

Oh, and a balloon trip over the wets bank of the Nile (so over Valley of Kings/Queens and Hatshepsut's mortuary temple) as the sun rose.

Downside of such a trip is I accidentally brushed my teeth in tap water on the boat one morning, which caused the "taps to open" for a few days ;D
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 June 2023, 14:07:27 »

Something like this I would imagine.  ;D (from 2.33).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs3a5qT3k18
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 June 2023, 18:59:02 »

My lad, after putting the shits up me by travelling to the US on his own, is going one better in August. Twelve days in Morocco.
:-X

When we were in Morocco, albeit a short stay, when we went out on a group tour they always sent a bodyguard with us. Read in to that what you will.  :-X
On the plus side, not that far from the nice bits, he will see goats that climb trees, paupers selling bags of carrots on the side of the road miles from anywhere and plenty of houses with no roof.  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 21 June 2023, 21:46:11 »

My lad, after putting the shits up me by travelling to the US on his own, is going one better in August. Twelve days in Morocco.
:-X

When we were in Morocco, albeit a short stay, when we went out on a group tour they always sent a bodyguard with us. Read in to that what you will.  :-X
On the plus side, not that far from the nice bits, he will see goats that climb trees, paupers selling bags of carrots on the side of the road miles from anywhere and plenty of houses with no roof.  ::)
Are you sure it was Morocco and not Barnsley ? :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 June 2023, 22:15:26 »

I have to say, I really like Morocco. Admittedly in a nice hotel. But even walking around, I've never felt unsafe. Women need to take care with how they dress. It's possibly the most "open" and liberal of the Arab countries. Don't forget how the hippies, artists, and rock stars flocked there in the 60's.
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.