Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Autobahnstormers.  (Read 12494 times)

ted_one

Autobahnstormers.
« on: 06 January 2013, 16:28:51 »

Does any one know wether the Autobahnstormers club is still in existence as I've just been on to their website to join and looking for recent activity it seems that there's nothing planned for 2013 at the moment, and before I part with £25.00 of my kid's inheritance I was wondering if anyone on here may know anything :-\

Johnny English

• Omega Baron
  • Hungary
  • English antitalent
    • 1995. 2.5 V6 LPG manual
    • View Profile
Re: Autobahnstormers.
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2013, 16:33:41 »

My guess is yes as I read about gatherings in the ABS's magazine the Straight Six. I asked the secretary for joining the forum in august no answer till now though so something went wrong... :-\
« Last Edit: 06 January 2013, 16:35:14 by Johnny English »
C20NE - X25XE

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2013, 16:36:05 »

Still going and the forum is active but mostly Lotus Carlton stuff.

Well worth being a member IMHO  .. a trip to the dealers and a flash of the membership card got me

20 ltrs of oil
5 ltrs Antifreeze
Set of brake pads (front)
Some clips

all for the grand total of £76.33

working out the cost without the card it comes to £206.77 !!!!

so my £25 card saved me £130.44 .. a profit of £105.44 on that visit alone .... If I don't go for a 12 month I'm still quids in .. and the chances of not needing any bits for 12 months is ........  slim ?  :)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2013, 16:38:31 »

My guess is yes as I read about gatherings in the ABS's magazine the Straight Six. I asked the secretary for joining the forum in august no answer till now though so something went wrong... :-\

I think some of the positions have changed recently. I'm just about to renew my membership, and have relevant contact / payment details if required  :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2013, 16:41:34 »

As said, yes it's still running but the main website is updated periodically I believe, whereas the Forum is better for catching up with the Events Calendar as it's updated regularly.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Alan
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

ted_one

« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2013, 16:45:34 »

Many thanks to all,that's put my mind at rest.I'll push on and get my application off to them :y

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 January 2013, 16:55:10 »

as said, its well worth it nitro.  :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

ted_one

« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2013, 17:00:01 »

:y :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2013, 21:21:32 »

I ask for access to their forum 3 times when I was a member. Never did get it  >:(, so let my membership lapse.

I was at the local ABS meet a few days ago, an it turns out, of all the attendees, only 1 was still a member :o
Grumpy old man

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2013, 21:27:56 »

I ask for access to their forum 3 times when I was a member. Never did get it  >:(, so let my membership lapse.

I was at the local ABS meet a few days ago, an it turns out, of all the attendees, only 1 was still a member :o

Which begs a question... is it worth renewing? My TC details have been logged on Vx's computer. I never have to show my card so doubt they'll want to see that it's been renewed as I just quote the number.

However I personally will renew as I like to be above board and I also like the straight 6 mag  :y was just wondering what other peeps thought  ;)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

ted_one

« Reply #10 on: 06 January 2013, 21:30:34 »

Ooer!! :o does'nt bode well then?

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 January 2013, 21:31:43 »

Which begs a question... is it worth renewing? My TC details have been logged on Vx's computer. I never have to show my card so doubt they'll want to see that it's been renewed as I just quote the number.

However I personally will renew as I like to be above board and I also like the straight 6 mag  :y was just wondering what other peeps thought  ;)

I renew for exactly the same reasons ... it would  be a bit of a bummer to have ordered a shed load of bits then when you come to pay the "new guy" asks to see your card and its well out of date ..... as I said earlier .. the savings more than pay for the card .. trying to get an extra £25 by using an out of date card is just being stupid greedy.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 January 2013, 21:33:57 »

I renew for exactly the same reasons ... it would  be a bit of a bummer to have ordered a shed load of bits then when you come to pay the "new guy" asks to see your card and its well out of date ..... as I said earlier .. the savings more than pay for the card .. trying to get an extra £25 by using an out of date card is just being stupid greedy.

completely agree  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 January 2013, 21:48:23 »

Ooer!! :o does'nt bode well then?

Never had a problem joining the forum personally but you don't have to if you don't want to. I don't post much on there as the Omega stuff is much quicker and more dedicated to Omega issues on here.
Being a paid up member supports ABS as a club and gets you a Trade Card, which lets face it, is why most of us joined. You can also view the Trade Club Book online.
The guys I've met have been a decent bunch of guys as well so it's a small price to pay really.  :y

Those with their own legitimate TC card obviously don't need it.  :)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 January 2013, 21:52:38 »

I agree, its worth it for the TC and the mag. Moreso if you want to show your car at events.

I had a bit of a monk on with them after jumping through the hoops to join their forums 3 times. So I let it lapse, out of sheer bloody mindedness...
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.