Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuel filter seals  (Read 166 times)

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Fuel filter seals
« on: Today at 11:10:03 »

Y32SE engine

When I finally managed to get the fuel hose clips off the fuel filter, on the clip closest to the front, the main securing clips, a seal, a plastic collar about 3mm depth, and a smaller light coloured plastic washer came out on the fuel filter neck. I also dug out a further small seal from the back so that was 2 rubber seals in all, and 2 plastic washers, one thicker than the other and black in colour.

On the fitting closest to the tank, nothing came out with the fuel filter neck but I looked in and could see a seal. I put the new clip back in the pipe on that one and it clipped back in.

I fed the seals and plastic washers back into the other one and then put the plastic clips back into the pipe. This clipped back in ok after a bit of shove; the clip holders were a bit chewed from me trying to dig the clips out hence the wee shove to get it to clip in.

The side nearest the tank clipped in ok but comparing it to the other side it has a bit of play between the pipe and the filter. It stays in place but you can move the filter in and out a couple of mm if you are holding the fuel pipe elbow and trying to pull fitler in and out. The other side is tight and doesn't move.

Am starting to question if i've put in one too many seals in one side and left one out the other. Also, I didn't see any plastic collar on the side nearest the tank come out, which seemed to be the next in line after the plastic thing with the 2 clips.

Is there any guidance as to what seals and plastic washers go into the pipe end and in what order so I can reference it?

Thanks

G

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.